Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katie Hopkins slagging (and bizarrely from p.7 enneagram profiling of lifers)

Comments

• Options
    Why?
  • Options

Blimey, @PeanutsMolloy even has a model for Big Brother contestants !!!

I wish my GN model were as reliable as the Enneagram - but being a true Type 5 I'll keep crunching those GN stats trying to get it right.
  • Options
    ashley said:

Hateful and ghastly Public School Girl .Should be made to undertake 100 hours community service picking up litter and clearing up dog's mess on council estates or cooking a nutritious hot meal at a State funded old folk's home.

but nice honest people work as cooks, caretakers and cleaners.
  • Options
    OK Peanuts I'll play. What type am I :wink: ?

• Options

I was at a theme park here on the Gold Coast yesterday and walked behind a woman who had her children's names tattooed on the back of her neck....

Taylah
    Savannah
    Georgah

...I don't imagine any of them would be getting an invite to a playdate with La Hopkins enfants.

id love to think here is a bird somewhere in the US of A with a kid called Thamesmead.

• Options
    Didnt Hopkins say place names are horrid but has called her kid India?
  • Options

braydex said:

Hopkins was robbed. Yes she can be a twat sometimes but she also talks a lot of sense and says exactly what many of us want to, but don't.

She's a Type 8 on the Enneagram - calls it as she sees it without pulling punches, enjoys being provocative but has a soft centre. What was interesting was that she and Michelle (typical Type 4) are poles apart politically, both speak their mind and yet clearly have mutual respect and friendship. Speaks to their genuineness. Only phoneys like Nadia (classic Type 2 by the way) define their feelings about people according to whether they agree or disagree with their views, especially political.

8, I wouldn't give her one.
  • Options

Pretty sure you're a Type One Henry.
    It's fascinating stuff and amazingly accurate. Recommend you give it a recce.
    Easiest guide to kick off with is "The Enneagram Made Easy" by Renee Baron and Elizabeth Wagele but Beatrice Chestnut's "The Complete Enneagram" is really good and takes it to another level.
    Both available on Kindle.
    Enjoy.

• Options
    I can live with that Peanuts.

I love these type of personality profiles but usually while you may have a preferred type/role you adapt that depending on the situation, your role and power base.

I'd make you a 4 too
  • Options

Easiest guide to kick off with is "The Enneagram Made Easy" by Renee Baron and Elizabeth Wagele but Beatrice Chestnut's "The Complete Enneagram" is really good and takes it to another level.
    Enjoy.

There's another thread for you Enneagram all of the lifers based on posts on here, it would be guaranteed to be completely different for everyone in person though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can live with that Peanuts.

I love these type of personality profiles but usually while you may have a preferred type/role you adapt that depending on the situation, your role and power base.

I'd make you a 4 too

Nah, I'm definitely a 5. Mrs Molloy's a 4 though..................moody c*w :smile: )
  • Options

Enjoy.

There's another thread for you Enneagram all of the lifers based on posts on here, it would be guaranteed to be completely different for everyone in person though.
    God help anyone typing all the lifers posting on here. Just at the moment it's resembling One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.
  • Options
    There's a free test herehttp://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php

It said I am most likely a type 2 and taking wings into account a 2w3, I have absolutely no idea what this means though.
  • Options
    I think that I'm a 1 in cafc but a 5 in work
  • Options
    Blimey, I haven't heard anything about Enneagram for donkey's years. I thought it had been strangled by Myers-Briggs & Belbin.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Blimey, I haven't heard anything about Enneagram for donkey's years. I thought it had been strangled by Myers-Briggs & Belbin.

Really, is it that old? 16s and DISC seem to be the most popular in recruitment these days.

I'm a honey and mumford man myself
  • Options
    Will Schutz for me.
  • Options
    Didn't realise how pig ugly she was till she put that make-up on! ffs
  • Options
    Came out as a 1.
  • Options
    Typing yourself (and those you know well) is very interesting but it's the insight it gives you into why you do what you do (and others do what they do) and what you can work on to modify your patterns of behaviour and maybe cut other people more slack that's really interesting.
    Thoroughly recommend those two books I mentioned above. They both rightly get rave reviews on Amazon.
    The Riso & Hudson book "the Wisdom of the Enneagram" is also excellent though longer and takes it in a more spiritual direction, if you are so inclined.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think that I'm a 1 in cafc but a 5 in work

There are relationships between different Enneagram Types - "Wings" (adjacent numbers, though you may have bias to one wing more then the other) and "Arrows", to specific other Types, one of which is relevant when one is on good form and another when one is under stress (the books explain these specific relationships for each Type, though they may not be as robust relationships as the Wings).
    However, the Enneagram doesn't really provide for being one Type in one sphere of your life and another Type altogether in another.......unless you're......what's that technical term now?........oh yes, "plain nuts". ;o)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    6 w 5 whatever that means

Does that explain why my bets rarely win?

:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    LenGlover said:

LOL. I'd have guessed you might be a 6 Len. No wonder we see eye to eye on a lot of things as I'm a 5. We both belong to "Head (thinking) Types" (5,6,7). 8,9 & 1 are "Gut (instinctive)Types" and 2,3 & 4 are "Heart (feeling) Types".
  • Options

It said I am most likely a type 2 and taking wings into account a 2w3, I have absolutely no idea what this means though.

Difficult to give useful summary here but Type 2 is The Helper "motivated by the need to be loved and valued and to express their positive feelings towards others". "2s with a 3 wing tend to be outgoing, self-assured, ambitious and competitive" - from the Baron & Wagele book. Much, much more to it though.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    LenGlover said:

Type 6 is motivated by the need for security. "Phobic 6s" are outwardly fearful and seek authority. "Counter-phobic 6s" confront their fear. It is possible to have aspects of both. Type 6 with a 5 wing bias tend to be more intellectual, introverted, cautious and standoff-ish. Those with a 7 wing bias tend to be more materialistic, extraverted, active and impulsive.
    Again, way too simplistic a summary. Much, much more to it.

PS Re bets - just follow Smiffy. You'll be quids in Len. :smile:
  • Options

Came out as a 1.

Type 1 is The Perfectionist, motivated by the need to live their life the right way, including improving themselves and the world around them. Those with a 2 wing bias tend to be warmer, more helpful, critical and controlling. Those with a 9 wing bias tend to be cooler, more relaxed, objective and detached.
  • Options
    Came out as a 5

ties in with myersbriggs etc
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

That's exactly what my other half got.

Difficult to give useful summary here but Type 2 is The Helper "motivated by the need to be loved and valued and to express their positive feelings towards others". "2s with a 3 wing tend to be outgoing, self-assured, ambitious and competitive" - from the Baron & Wagele book. Much, much more to it though.
    I read an online summary too, it's really got me to a tee to be honest.
  • Options
    IA said:

Came out as a 5

ties in with myersbriggs etc

Like me IA.
    Type 5 "The Observer", motivated by the need to know and understand everything, to be self-sufficient and avoid looking foolish. They typically prefer their own company, at least for a chunk of the day. Those with a 4 wing bias tend to be more creative, sensitive, empathic and self-absorbed. Those with a 6 wing bias tend to be more loyal, anxious, sceptical and cautious.
    Once again, way too simplistic a summary.
  • Options
    Come on you 7s. I know you've been down the pub etc but if you're not too pissed, give it a go.