Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katie Hopkins slagging (and bizarrely from p.7 enneagram profiling of lifers)

Comments

• Options
    I'm a 2, 2w3.
  • Options
    You are most likely a type 3.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 3w2 or 9w8.
  • Options
    It's spookily accurate as well.
  • Options

I'm a 2, 2w3.

Same as me :-)
  • Options
    It all seems a bit like reading your daily horoscope, you just see in yourself what you want to see and ignore the bad bits
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Seeing that this thread has gone way off tangent

9w8

Type 9 is an interesting one: "The Peacemaker" and one of the Gut (instinctive) types. For these Gut types, life is a full on body slam every day - the difference between them is the way they cope - 8's go and forcefully tackle life head on, 1s get on their high horse to try to make things perfect but 9s tend to retreat and bide their time, disliking confrontation but looking for a resolution.

"9s are motivated by the need to keep the peace, to merge with others, and to avoid conflict. Since they, especially, take on qualities of the other eight types, 9s have many variations in their personalities, from gentle and mild-mannered to independent and forceful.
    9s at their BEST are pleasant, peaceful, generous, patient, receptive, diplomatic, open-minded, empathic
    9s at their WORST are spaced-out, forgetful, stubborn, obsessive, apathetic, passive-aggressive, judgmental, unassertive
    How to Get Along with Me • If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don’t like expectations or pressure. • I like to listen and to be of service, but don’t take advantage of this. • Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit. • Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It’s OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally. • Ask me questions to help me get clear. • Tell me when you like how I look. I’m not averse to flattery. • Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings. • I like a good discussion but not a confrontation. • Let me know you like what I’ve done or said. • Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.
    What I Like About Being a 9 • being nonjudgmental and accepting • caring for and being concerned about others • being able to relax and have a good time • knowing that most people enjoy my company; I’m easy to be around • my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator • my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now • being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe
    What’s Hard About Being a 9• being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/ or indecisive • being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline • being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally • being confused about what I really want • caring too much about what others will think of me • not being listened to or taken seriously
    Wings: 9s with a more developed 8 wing tend to be more outgoing, assertive, and antiauthoritarian. They may vacillate between being confrontational and conciliatory. 9s with a more developed 1 wing tend to be more orderly, critical, emotionally controlled, and compliant......."

Edited highlights from Baron, Renee; Wagele, Elizabeth (2009-08-27). The Enneagram Made Easy (Kindle Locations 1980-1981). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

• Options

It all seems a bit like reading your daily horoscope, you just see in yourself what you want to see and ignore the bad bits

LOL. Spoken like a true 9. :smile:
  • Options
    So am I just confused? Will do it again tomorrow on proper pc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @PeanutsMolloy am I right to assume the numbers are finite and so 1 is close to 9?
  • Options
    8 w 9

I'm the answer to Charlton's problems. Im the aggressive centre forward we desperately need and the peacemaker to pull the club back together again!
  • Options
    3w2 arrogant think he know's it all.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It says I'm 9w1 (the 1 is so negligible that it's barely worth talking about in my case) but I was also very nearly a 6w5 judging by the bars I got for each of the 9. I took the second test on the link Sadie provided.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

@PeanutsMolloy am I right to assume the numbers are finite and so 1 is close to 9?

Yeap it's 1~9 in a circle, so 9's wings are 8 and 1 and 1's wings are 9 and 2, etc
  • Options
    Sort of close but some real distinct identitying traits but some miles off
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    TBH, a test based on answers to questions is never going to be 100% accurate because it depends upon the algorithm used (like my GN model, maybe 80% accurate - at its best!).
    The most accurate way of typing yourself is to read all 9 descriptions of patterns of behaviour and thinking (and the 3 sub-types for each if you look at Beatrice Chestnut's book - which can make a profound difference).
    I guarantee that you'll recognise your type (and that of those close to you) pretty readily from those descriptions - and if you don't you're probably a 6 :smile:
  • Options
    This is something I'd not heard of before.
    I did both tests on the link from Sadie and got completely different answers. The first one with more questions gave me 9w1 and the second 6w5. I can see myself in the broad descriptions for 9, 1 and 5 but not in 6. So, a bit like horoscopes then ;)

(Waits for someone to come back and say that's classic 9 or 6 behaviour.....)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rananegra said:

This is something I'd not heard of before.
    I did both tests on the link from Sadie and got completely different answers. The first one with more questions gave me 9w1 and the second 6w5. I can see myself in the broad descriptions for 9, 1 and 5 but not in 6. So, a bit like horoscopes then ;)

(Waits for someone to come back and say that's classic 9 or 6 behaviour.....)

Mrs Molloy's just done them both and got different answers but the one with more questions was the accurate one - type 4 with 3 wing in her case. She's a "self preservation 4" according to the Beatrice Chestnut sub-types.
    So maybe you're the 9 with a strong 1 wing.
  • Options
    Type 1 apparently, the Reformer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just done the second test and got:

You are most likely a type 1 (the Reformer) with 2 wing

Social variant
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Same as me in the first test
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    stonemuse said:

aka "The Perfectionist" - I reckon there will be a few Type 1s at the meeting :smile: Make sure you put a Type 3 in charge ("The Achiever") - Prague may be your man
  • Options
    You are most likely a type 1. Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9. On both tests.
  • Options
    brogib said:

I just done the second test and got:

You are most likely a type 1 (the Reformer) with 2 wing

Social deviant

• Options
    Very very interesting. Between a 6 and 9. A lot of it was absolutely spot on.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    What's a 6w5 mean? That's me!
  • Options
    Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 2w3 or 6w7.

No idea what it means though
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What's a 6w5 mean? That's me!

Type Six in Brief
    The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
    Basic Desire: To have security and support
    Enneagram Six with a Five-Wing: "The Defender"
    Enneagram Six with a Seven-Wing: "The Buddy"
    Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.

The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)
    When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), dutiful Sixes suddenly become competitive and arrogant at Three. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), fearful, pessimistic Sixes become more relaxed and optimistic, like healthy Nine. For more information, click here.

Examples: Krishnamurti, Johannes Brahms, Mark Twain, Sigmund Freud, J. Edgar Hoover, Richard Nixon, Robert F. Kennedy, Malcolm X, George H.W. Bush, Diana, Princess of Wales, Prince Harry, J.R.R. Tolkien, John Grisham, Mike Tyson, Bruce Springsteen, U2’s Bono, Melissa Etheridge, Eminem, Oliver Stone, Michael Moore, Spike Lee, Marilyn Monroe, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Mark Wahlberg, Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, Mel Gibson, Sally Field, Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston, Ellen Page, Paul Rudd, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ben Affleck, Hugh Laurie, Katie Holmes, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Ellen Degeneres, Andy Rooney, Katie Couric, Newt Gingrich, Alex Jones (Infowars), Rush Limbaugh, Chris Rock, Lewis Black, Larry David, Seinfeld’s “George Costanza,” Lord of the Rings’ “Frodo Baggins”

Type Six Overview
    We have named personality type Six The Loyalist because, of all the personality types, Sixes are the most loyal to their friends and to their beliefs. They will “go down with the ship” and hang on to relationships of all kinds far longer than most other types. Sixes are also loyal to ideas, systems, and beliefs—even to the belief that all ideas or authorities should be questioned or defied. Indeed, not all Sixes go along with the “status quo”: their beliefs may be rebellious and anti-authoritarian, even revolutionary. In any case, they will typically fight for their beliefs more fiercely than they will fight for themselves, and they will defend their community or family more tenaciously than they will defend themselves.

The reason Sixes are so loyal to others is that they do not want to be abandoned and left without support—their Basic Fear. Thus, the central issue for type Six is a failure of self-confidence. Sixes come to believe that they do not possess the internal resources to handle life’s challenges and vagaries alone, and so increasingly rely on structures, allies, beliefs, and supports outside themselves for guidance to survive. If suitable structures do not exist, they will help create and maintain them.

Sixes are the primary type in the Thinking Center, meaning that they have the most trouble contacting their own inner guidance. As a result,

they do not have confidence in their own minds and judgments.

This does not mean that they do not think. On the contrary, they think—and worry—a lot! They also tend to fear making important decisions, although at the same time, they resist having anyone else make decisions for them. They want to avoid being controlled, but are also afraid of taking responsibility in a way that might put them “in the line of fire.” (The old Japanese adage that says, “The blade of grass that grows too high gets chopped off” relates to this idea.)

Sixes are always aware of their anxieties and are always looking for ways to construct “social security” bulwarks against them. If Sixes feel that they have sufficient back up, they can move forward with some degree of confidence. But if that crumbles, they become anxious and self-doubting, reawakening their Basic Fear. (“I’m on my own! What am I going to do now?”) A good question for Sixes might therefore be: “When will I know that I have enough security?” Or, to get right to the heart of it, “What is security?” Without Essential inner guidance and the deep sense of support that it brings, Sixes are constantly struggling to find firm ground.

Sixes attempt to build a network of trust over a background of unsteadiness and fear. They are often filled with a nameless anxiety and then try to find or create reasons why. Wanting to feel that there is something solid and clear-cut in their lives, they can become attached to explanations or positions that seem to explain their situation. Because “belief” (trust, faith, convictions, positions) is difficult for Sixes to achieve, and because it is so important to their sense of stability, once they establish a trustworthy belief, they do not easily question it, nor do they want others to do so. The same is true for individuals in a Six’s life: once Sixes feel they can trust someone, they go to great lengths to maintain connections with the person who acts as a sounding board, a mentor, or a regulator for the Six’s emotional reactions and behavior. They therefore do everything in their power to keep their affiliations going. (“If I don’t trust myself, then I have to find something in this world I can trust.”)

Although intelligent and accomplished, Connie still has to wrestle with the self-doubt of her type:

“As my anxiety has come under control, so has my need to ‘check out’ everything with my friends. I used to have to get the nod of approval from several hundred (just joking!) ‘authorities.’ About nearly every decision would involve a council of my friends. I usually would do this one on one: ‘What do you think, Mary?’ ‘If I do this, then that might happen.’ Please make up my mind for me!’…Recently, I’ve narrowed my authorities to just one or two trusted friends, and on occasion, I’ve actually made up my own mind!“

Until they can get in touch with their own inner guidance, Sixes are like a ping-pong ball that is constantly shuttling back and forth between whatever influence is hitting the hardest in any given moment. Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on. It is the contradictory picture that is the characteristic “fingerprint” of Sixes, the fact that they are a bundle of opposites.

The biggest problem for Sixes is that they try to build safety in the environment without resolving their own emotional insecurities. When they learn to face their anxieties, however, Sixes understand that although the world is always changing and is, by nature uncertain, they can be serene and courageous in any circumstance. And they can attain the greatest gift of all, a sense of peace with themselves despite the uncertainties of life.
  • Options

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 2w3 or 6w7.

No idea what it means though

in Brief
    Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
    Basic Desire: To feel loved
    Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
    Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess"
    Key Motivations: Want to be loved, to express their feelings for others, to be needed and appreciated, to get others to respond to them, to vindicate their claims about themselves.

The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)
    When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), needy Twos suddenly become aggressive and dominating at Eight. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), prideful, self-deceptive Twos become more self-nurturing and emotionally aware, like healthy Fours. For more information, click here.

Examples: Paramahansa Yogananda, Pope John XXIII, Guru Ammaji (“The Hugging Saint”), Byron Katie, Bishop Desmond Tutu, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nancy Reagan, Monica Lewinsky, Ann Landers, Mary Kay Ash (Mary Kay Cosmetics), Leo Buscaglia, Richard Simmons, Luciano Pavarotti, John Denver, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Barry Manilow, Dolly Parton, Josh Groban, Music of Journey, Bobby McFerrin, Kenny G, Paula Abdul, Priscilla Presley, Elizabeth Taylor, Danny Thomas, Martin Sheen, Jennifer Tilly, Danny Glover, Richard Thomas “John Boy Walton,” Juliette Binoche, Arsenio Hall, Timothy Treadwell “Grizzly Man,” “Melanie Hamilton Wilkes” (Gone with the Wind), “Eve Harrington” (All About Eve), “Dr. McCoy” (Star Trek)

Type Two Overview
    We have named personality type Two The Helper because people of this type are either the most genuinely helpful to other people or, when they are less healthy they are the most highly invested in seeing themselves as helpful. Being generous and going out of their way for others makes Twos feel that theirs is the richest, most meaningful way to live. The love and concern they feel—and the genuine good they do—warms their hearts and makes them feel worthwhile. Twos are most interested in what they feel to be the “really, really good” things in life—love, closeness, sharing, family, and friendship.

Louise is a minister who shares the joy she finds in being a Two.

“I cannot imagine being another type and I would not want to be another type. I like being involved in peoples’ lives. I like feeling compassionate, caring, nurturing. I like cooking and homemaking. I like having the confidence that anyone can tell me anything about themselves and I will be able to love them….I am really proud of myself and love myself for being able to be with people where they are. I really can, and do, love people, pets, and things. And I am a great cook!”

When Twos are healthy and in balance, they really are loving, helpful, generous, and considerate. People are drawn to them like bees to honey. Healthy Twos warm others in the glow of their hearts. They enliven others with their appreciation and attention, helping people to see positive qualities in themselves that they had not previously recognized. In short, healthy Twos are the embodiment of “the good parent” that everyone wishes they had: someone who sees them as they are, understands them with immense compassion, helps and encourages with infinite patience, and is always willing to lend a hand—while knowing precisely how and when to let go. Healthy Twos open our hearts because theirs are already so open and they show us the way to be more deeply and richly human.

Louise continues:

“All of my jobs revolved around helping people. I was a teacher who wanted to be sensitive to children and help them get off to a good start. I was a religious education director in a number of parishes. I thought that if people learned about the spiritual life, they’d be happier…The most important part of my life is my spiritual life. I was in a religious community for ten years. I married a former priest, and we both have our spirituality as the basis of our life together.”

However, Twos’ inner development may be limited by their “shadow side”—pride, self-deception, the tendency to become over-involved in the lives of others, and the tendency to manipulate others to get their own emotional needs met. Transformational work entails going into dark places in ourselves, and this very much goes against the grain of the Two’s personality structure, which prefers to see itself in only the most positive, glowing terms.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle facing Twos, Threes, and Fours in their inner work is having to face their underlying Center fear of worthlessness. Beneath the surface, all three types fear that they are without value in themselves, and so they must be or do something extraordinary in order to win love and acceptance from others. In the average to unhealthy Levels, Twos present a false image of being completely generous and unselfish and of not wanting any kind of pay-off for themselves, when in fact, they can have enormous expectations and unacknowledged emotional needs.

Average to unhealthy Twos seek validation of their worth by obeying their superego’s demands to sacrifice themselves for others. They believe they must always put others first and be loving and unselfish if they want to get love. The problem is that “putting others first” makes Twos secretly angry and resentful, feelings they work hard to repress or deny. Nevertheless, they eventually erupt in various ways, disrupting Twos’ relationships and revealing the inauthenticity of many of the average to unhealthy Two’s claims about themselves and the depth of their “love.”

But in the healthy range, the picture is completely different. My own (Don) maternal grandmother was an archetypal Two. During World War II, she was “Moms” to what seemed like half of Keisler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Mississippi, feeding the boys, allowing her home to be used as a “home away from home,” giving advice and consolation to anyone lonely or fearful about going to war. Although she and her husband were not wealthy and had two teenage children of their own, she cooked extra meals for the servicemen, put them up at night, and saw to it that their uniforms had all of their buttons and were well pressed. She lived until her 80’s, remembering those years as the happiest and most fulfilling of her life—probably because her healthy Two capacities were so fully and richly engaged.