Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Holidays - 2013

So who is off to / been where this Summer ?

A pair of non-existent prizes for the most exotic / least exotic

A few days on some holiday park on the Isle of Wight for me.

Comments

• Options
    5 star hotel in Marmaris,Turkey. Missing first two games though:(
  • Options
    edited July 2013

So who is off to / been where this Summer ?

A pair of non-existent prizes for the most exotic / least exotic

A few days on some holiday park on the Isle of Wight for me.

If you're going to Shanklin, the Green pub in the high street is terrific and there is a great Chinese opposite the station.

Oh and say Hi to the Aardvarc too.

• Options
    I'm going to erm, Bournemouth next weekend. New Forest and more importantly Monkey World, ah yeah.
  • Options
    Portugal for a couple of weeks at the end of August. Dymchurch for few nights with daughter & mum whilst wife away in Sept and Le Touquet in Oct for a few days in half term.
  • Options
    Mauritius end of September for 10 nights then stopping off in daubi for two nights on the way home
  • Options
    Off to Gibraltar tomorrow for four nights. First summer holiday for ten years. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Not booked mine yet. It was going to be Egypt or Turkey but i think i better steer clear of taking the wife and kids to those places!
    Looks like Spain or Cyprus for me. Going to miss the first home game of the season. :(
  • Options
    Get yer ass to Albufeira Beds! You know you want to...
  • Options
    Missing Barnsley away for the 2nd season running - Hired a 6 bedroom house in Le Touquet for the whole family .

First time all 4 Grandkids will have been on holiday together.

Back the morning of the Doncaster game.
  • Options
    Had two weeks in rainy Cornwall in June. Doing a one week cruise around the Fjords in September.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Floyds still open?
  • Options

Missing Barnsley away for the 2nd season running - Hired a 6 bedroom house in Le Touquet for the whole family .

You don't look old enough to be a granny Fanny
  • Options

Is Floyds still open?
    No, closed after I had the heart attack, but we are still here and available for drunken nights out... :-)
  • Options
    Done the Algarve first two weeks in June at Porto Bay Falisia http://www.portobay.com/hotel.aspx?areaId=235
    Booked a week in Menorca in September at http://www.binissaida.com/en/
    Booking Thailand (Koh Samui) for late March early April next spring at http://www.akaryn.com/

Not much change out of £10k for that little lot.
  • Options

You don't look old enough to be a granny Fanny
    You forgot the smiley face thingy, Large !
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We are going for fabulous 17 nights cruise around the Mediterranean on very luxurious 6 star liner, not posh but everything included from business class flights, tours via speciality restaurants and all the drink you can drink, only problem it's an American line (Regent) and no English bitter, after whinging on about it someone suggested I ring them, and unbelievable they are importing a few cases for me. Just hope the butler knows how to pour the beer :-).

This is a one off as its for our 35th wedding anniversary, and if you can't push the boat out for that length of suffering then when can you.
  • Options
    Congratulations CK, hope you have a great time
  • Options
    Thanks, really looking forward to it, amazing the holiday is costing more than my house when we got married?
  • Options
    Well a divorce would have cost you more than both so enjoy :-)
  • Options
    Already done our annual Sun 9.99 5 day jaunt. Usually do the Isle of Wight but ended up in Clacton.

Edinburgh for a couple of nights in August - miss the Oxford game.

Butlins end of August.

10 days in Orlando in November for my daughters birthday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013

I went to Albufeira 9 years ago ( the same week Porto won the Champions league) when my oldest was 18 months old and loved it . apart from the drunken night in a restaurant when i paid £180 Euros for a lobster that must have been 100 years old. Tough as old boots.
  • Options
    'Bout time you came back then, and this time you can find out where to go for decent food at a good price mate! And we can slag off Biggleswade together...
  • Options

'Bout time you came back then, and this time you can find out where to go for decent food at a good price mate! And we can slag off Biggleswade together...

If i decide to go back i will let you know Algarve. But there will be no slagging off of good old Biggleswade ;)

• Options
    nothing for me this year. Paid for the Mrs to go see her folks for a couple of weeks.To much work on at mo for me to take a couple of weeks off.
  • Options
    Honeymooning in Jamaica - can't wait!

Missing Barnsley away and Doncaster at home.
  • Options
    Just outside Malaga on one of those cheapo timeshare promotional weeks.

3rd time I have taken one of these hols and would highly recommend to anyone on a budget - just don't waste your money actually buying one!

• Options
    Just got back from a week in Turkey, off to Lanzarote for 2 on the 18th. Not a bad summer this one!
  • Options
    Stone said:

Booking Thailand (Koh Samui) for late March early April next spring at http://www.akaryn.com/.

Done it twice and got two uncles living out there... Amazing place
  • Options
    Two week Honeymoon in Italy. Venice, Florence and Lake Como. Having to get the overnight train to and from as the missus cant fly anymore.
  • Options
    Went Disneyland Paris for a couple of nights in June, My little boy loved it, but boy it was knackering and expensive. Need another win or 2 on the horses/football so I can book somewhere hot for a week in early September (International week of course).