Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Holidays - 2013

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    In Nicaragua now. Beautiful, interesting country. The drive out from the capital Managua to the Pacific coast was a feast on the eyes and not necessarily all in a good way.

Pamela Anderson is staying in our hotel and earlier she literally walked right past me with a bikini on. A Paparazzi would have had a stiffy at the thought.....
  • Options

off to vegas for the 1st time in september

Awesome! More surreal than I ever thought it would be, quite unbelievable! If you can, get out to the Grand Canyon and do some hiking or rafting, unreal.

• Options
    Just had a long weekend at haven, leisure park, allhallows, rochester. A holiday within our budget. The kids loved it.
  • Options
    Two gloriously self indulgent weeks in Jamaica for me - missing Doncaster and Barnsley (and after seeing us put 6 past them last season, doubt if I'd have ever gone to Oakwell again anyway!)
  • Options
    Just had a lovely week in South Wales. Weather was fantastic, and only a minute walk from a half empty beautiful beach.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My daughter picked up a bug in Egypt that went on for weeks /months nasty cramping etc at Easter

Currently in my mums house in South of France, shes lived there for some years now house sitting and renting. Its hot, no pool or ac, loads of bugs and flies and not an awful lot to do. Went to Avignon on the way which was great. Now in the Pyrenees, nowhere village called Saint-Marsal.

We bought her a 3m inflatable pool, but no level piece of garden big enough. Have put up loads of insect guards, nets but the beggars still get in.

Had to drive up this crazy very long road not really wide enough for 2 cars or 1 in some places, steep drops everywhere - such fun when left hand driving..

To top it all we have to switch the pump over down the track to fill the water tanks once a day.

Mum has hurt her ankle meaning we cant do much.

Thank the lord for angry birds..

Off to Croatia on Sat all inclusive, better be a lot better than this :)

• Options
    Oh ok the wife fancies leaving early and stay in a castle in montpelier..
  • Options
    Just back from a long weekend at Chessington.
    Great fun but the food in the theme park is shite.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Just had a long weekend at haven, leisure park, allhallows, rochester. A holiday within our budget. The kids loved it.

Good on yer Johnny, can't understand it when parents drag their kids half way round the world (especially when they are very young) when they can enjoy the place you went to just as much if not more.....friends of ours come down to the Haven down here and their kids love it.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Good on yer Johnny, can't understand it when parents drag their kids half way round the world (especially when they are very young) when they can enjoy the place you went to just as much if not more.....friends of ours come down to the Haven down here and their kids love it.

agree with those sentiments, St margarets bay is good for a chalet holiday. Camber is ok if you don't mind tripping over the staffs tied to caravans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just back from http://www.valedecarros.com/hotel-overview.html
    near Açoteias in the Algarve. We had a lovely week away with the children.

Just up the road from us - should have popped over to say hello! :-)
  • Options
    3 down 1 to go... its been an expensive year!

Vegas April- 6/7 days- lost a day
    Tenerife Mid July- 8 days with La Family
    Weekend after above France- Mates wedding Long weekend

Marbella first week of September another long weekend 24 of us going for a stag do, cant wait!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

any recommendations for the first week of October, ideally European, has to be hot.

You will get good value in Cyprus, somewhere like Paphos or Coral Bay. Temperatures will be ideal. Sicily should also still be warm enough.
  • Options
    always do a weekend at the Haven in Hastings every year with the kids, they think it's fantastic - normally one of the sun £9.50 jobs, bargain
  • Options

What is it about Egypt so many stories i've heard of people going and being ill.

Was hoping to take the family and my Mum to see my sister who has just moved to Holland , currently put on hold as my Mum has cancer scare stuff hanging over her at the moment , so not sure she will be fit to travel , and not too sure i'd feel happy leaving her on her own, life eh.

I've got cast iron guts, and used an anti bacterial wash after touching anything, but still got the shits. Missus is more delicate and she caught it with vengeance. Nice climate, but constant hassle and scams and completely filthy, I'd not advise it particularly if your mum is recovering.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Just had a lovely week in South Wales. Weather was fantastic, and only a minute walk from a half empty beautiful beach.

Shirty were you camping? I'm heading to South Wales next weekend in a campervan. Gower peninsula looks really lovely. Just need to get my plan together.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Currently holidaying in Serignan Plage, nr Beziers in the south of France. Beautiful campsite, barely seen the kids who have made friends and are in the pool all day and lovely weather.
  • Options
    Off to the Dordogne on our annual group holiday. 13 adults, 10 kids and a dog. Spending a couple of days getting there and a couple getting back with stop overs in Nomrnady and the Loire Valley.
  • Options
    Off to Kerala, India this November to take the little one on her first visit to her motherland. First holiday in over two years as well so can't wait.
  • Options
    In-laws went there last year and loved it . Best you check with HastingsAddick first though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounds like your having a great time @Razil !!!
  • Options

3 weeks in Santa Cruz, California house/cat sitting for friends.

I used to live in Santa Cruz and still have friends there. A real laid back Californian seaside town in the old tradition. Lots of good surfing there. You should try to check it out if you get a chance to get away from the cats.
  • Options
    Ive been to a caravan park in Rhyl and am off to Florida at the end of the month.
  • Options
    got home sunday from a weekend in sunny newcastle
  • Options
    Rob said:

3 weeks in Santa Cruz, California house/cat sitting for friends.

I used to live in Santa Cruz and still have friends there. A real laid back Californian seaside town in the old tradition. Lots of good surfing there. You should try to check it out if you get a chance to get away from the cats.
    Sorry mate, but there is no way I'm squeezing my gut into a wetsuit.

I'll be the one up on the cliff at Steamer Lane with the camera!
  • Options
    just back from 10 days in Oludeniz Turkey... so hot 48 one day
  • Options
    Girlfriend is currently in Corfu with her mate. I'm jealous as fuck, with a potentially dodgy trip to Ukraine to watch England in Sept, being my next 'treat'.
  • Options

Girlfriend is currently in Corfu with her mate. I'm jealous as fuck, with a potentially dodgy trip to Ukraine to watch England in Sept, being my next 'treat'.

Stop moaning - weather in Gib was cracking... :-D

• Options
    Off to Kalkan, Turkey on Saturday. Cannot wait to get away
  • Options
    Had 3 weeks in south west France in June - rain like you have never seen. A week cruising the Norway fiords to celebrate my 70th in July - yet more rain whilst heat-wave in UK. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of Florida for the 3 weeks starting 20th November