Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Holidays - 2013

Comments

• Options
    Went to Vilamoura for 10 days in MAy - Lovely but a little nippy

Going to Disneyworld, Florida in a month. Me, wifey, my sister and our 4 kids. Can't wait!
  • Options

boogica said:

Went to egypt last year never again hotel nice pool and entertainment superb for kids, food shocking wife got very ill ,off to the old faithful menorca (son bou) great place great for kids relaxing great food and beer only downful gonna miss 3 games.

Same. Been egypt once. Was in bed for a day and half chucking me guts up. Only bit I enjoyed was the snorkeling and quad biking. Weather is guaranteed but will never go back
    This.......snorkeling, diving and quad biking are excellent....would'nt go back though.

• Options
    You might want to re-word that mate
  • Options
    off to vegas for the 1st time in september
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I'm going to erm, Bournemouth next weekend.

You, the world and his wife will be down if it's anything like last weekend. Hellish...
  • Options
    God look at that. You wouldn't bother would you?

• Options
    Redpanda...if you are going to Bournemouth my suggestion would be to keep going, take the Sandbanks ferry and head into the Purbecks or beyond. Much nicer and you'll find a better class of yokel.

• Options
    7th - 14th August Mamaris Turkey, first holiday since 2008
  • Options

off to vegas for the 1st time in september

Likewise. Also doing a few days going up coast etc in California from San Diego to San francisco. Gonna blow a fortune but can't wait!
  • Options

Redpanda...if you are going to Bournemouth my suggestion would be to keep going, take the Sandbanks ferry and head into the Purbecks or beyond. Much nicer and you'll find a better class of yokel.

Ooh not good, and likewise that photo. I'm booked up now, I'm more so using it as a base for the other places mentioned. I may end up around the beach Friday afternoon, it shouldn't be toooo bad then as it's a working day.

I've been looking up Madagascar today, my dream destination but an absolute 'mare if you do it on your own. I've been to some pretty remote places but would have to bite the bullet and do a package deal/tour if I get around to it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shag said:

You might want to re-word that mate

ha, i thought the same !
  • Options
    Holiday? I'm just about keeping my head above water with my mortgage and bills let alone think of spunking money on a holiday.
    Last proper week away abroad was 2005, before that 1996.

Was lucky that my parents helped me to take my daughter to Disneyland Paris for 3 days last year. Also been lucky to have a few days away here and there cycling to Paris and Brussels but that really has been done on a budget.
  • Options
    Had 12 nights in Mauritius in April, we go to North Cornwall this weekend for a cheeky week. Euro Disney in August with my daughter, son in law and grandchildren then 10 nights in Egypt in September.

It's a tough life but someone has to do it :-)
  • Options
    Off to Marbella/Peurto Banus area, 10 days in early Sept
  • Options
    sunny newcastle first weekend of august.
  • Options

Get yer ass to Albufeira Beds! You know you want to...

Where abouts was your bar aa. Just got back from albufeira last week from my brothers stag do. Was it by the strip.
    Sorry, just caught up with this. No our bar was near the Old Town.
  • Options
    Just off to our little place in the South of France for two months. On a campsite that is with our 'new' bargain baby caravan. Places in awning available, bring own Pastis.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just back from http://www.valedecarros.com/hotel-overview.html
    near Açoteias in the Algarve. We had a lovely week away with the children.
  • Options

What is it about Egypt so many stories i've heard of people going and being ill.

Was hoping to take the family and my Mum to see my sister who has just moved to Holland , currently put on hold as my Mum has cancer scare stuff hanging over her at the moment , so not sure she will be fit to travel , and not too sure i'd feel happy leaving her on her own, life eh.

Probably due to food standards at some of the many an all inclusive places out there, I've heard mixed reports from people going to these types of place...and seems to be confirmed by some on here.
  • Options

Just off to our little place in the South of France for two months. On a campsite that is with our 'new' bargain baby caravan. Places in awning available, bring own Pastis.

Is Oggy joining you?

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never thought I would say it but we are off for a week in wales from Saturday in a holiday park, needed somewhere cheap and that allowed you to bring dogs,

looking forward to it now its nearly here
  • Options
    Going to Majorca Santa Ponsa in September. Staying in the Pirates village hotel. Not looking forward to taking my 2 year old son on the plane though.
  • Options
    Magaluf and Cornwall.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

any recommendations for the first week of October, ideally European, has to be hot.

Syracuse in Sicily stays pretty warm throughout October

• Options
    Heading to Florida on Friday - cant wait! Kids are almosr as excited as me
  • Options
    Off on a river cruise Wednesday (Amsterdam, Cologne, Rhine gorge, Nuremburg, Linz, Vienna, Budapest). Have been to Amsterdam a few times before but only Frankfurt and Munich in Germany on business and never to Austria or Hungary so should be both relaxing and interesting. Will miss Boro but back for Donny and Leicester later in August.
  • Options
    Just got back on Wednesday after six weeks in Australia and I really bloody enjoyed it. 20 years old and my first time outside of Europe. :-)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Off on a river cruise Wednesday (Amsterdam, Cologne, Rhine gorge, Nuremburg, Linz, Vienna, Budapest). Have been to Amsterdam a few times before but only Frankfurt and Munich in Germany on business and never to Austria or Hungary so should be both relaxing and interesting. Will miss Boro but back for Donny and Leicester later in August.

Vienna and Budapest are fine cities, sounds like a good trip.
  • Options

Just got back on Wednesday after six weeks in Australia and I really bloody enjoyed it. 20 years old and my first time outside of Europe. :-)

no wonder we didn't sign anyone till you came back
  • Options
    Egypt end of October, third time kids love it missus loves it, if there happy it's good enough for me.