Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Holidays - 2013

Comments

• Options
    Spokane - > Portland -> Bend

Road Trip!!!!!!

• Options
    8 days in Krabi for me at the Sofitel, apparently has the largest swimming pool in Thailand
  • Options
    Just booked 2 weeks in Bermuda. I think that's Watford, Udders and Millwall.
  • Options

Get yer ass to Albufeira Beds! You know you want to...

Where abouts was your bar aa. Just got back from albufeira last week from my brothers stag do. Was it by the strip.
  • Options
    Spent a week in Crete (Chania) at the beginning of June and off to Cape Verde (Boa Vista) for another week in September.
  • Options
    off to Cornwall for a week on the 25th July (fingers crossed this weather holds)
  • Options
    Am doing a tour of Wales in the campervan in August and then the jurassic coast in the van in September. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Cricket tour 22-26th July New Forest area(fingers also crossed for fine weather)
  • Options
    Off to Kalkan, Turkey in August. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Had a week cycling in Dolomites a couple of weeks ago, am cycling in the Pyrenees in Sept (crossing from Biarritz to Perpignan in 100 hours, taking in 18 Cols) and am heading off to parents place in Spain for 4 or 5 weeks in a couple of weeks (depending on what happens here re: a leave date and if I can get away with it...). Can't wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tenerife Sunday for 8 days with family and girl mate :) come back for 3 days and go away to south of france for Friday-Monday for a mates wedding

Marbella september 20 of us stag do

I have done vegas already this year so its a busy year
  • Options
    Cuba for 2 weeks - missing the Bounemouth game but back in time for a first home game - just, so likely to be jet lagged!
  • Options
    Had a week in the French Vendee in June. First time holidaying/driving in France. Weather not too bad. Lovely place and the kids loved it.
  • Options
    any recommendations for the first week of October, ideally European, has to be hot.
  • Options
    Off to sunny Cornwall on Friday for a week, hoping the weather holds, then a week in Mallorca or Menorca in September.

Ice cold Estrella beer................heaven.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

any recommendations for the first week of October, ideally European, has to be hot.

You'll struggle with guaranteed heat in Europe in October. Seville is as hot as it gets in Europe and even there they will be counting down the days to the first Autumn rains by October.

You might be better off in North Africa, Malta or the Canaries
  • Options
    Went to egypt last year never again hotel nice pool and entertainment superb for kids, food shocking wife got very ill ,off to the old faithful menorca (son bou) great place great for kids relaxing great food and beer only downful gonna miss 3 games.
  • Options
    Just back from 11 days in Mallorca - Palma, Pollensa and Soller. It's a bit of a cliché, but it has everything you could want - sun, great food, mountains and beaches, a bit of culture. I love it.
  • Options
    boogica said:

Went to egypt last year never again hotel nice pool and entertainment superb for kids, food shocking wife got very ill ,off to the old faithful menorca (son bou) great place great for kids relaxing great food and beer only downful gonna miss 3 games.

Same. Been egypt once. Was in bed for a day and half chucking me guts up. Only bit I enjoyed was the snorkeling and quad biking. Weather is guaranteed but will never go back
  • Options
    What is it about Egypt so many stories i've heard of people going and being ill.

Was hoping to take the family and my Mum to see my sister who has just moved to Holland , currently put on hold as my Mum has cancer scare stuff hanging over her at the moment , so not sure she will be fit to travel , and not too sure i'd feel happy leaving her on her own, life eh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had a week in the French Vendee in June. First time holidaying/driving in France. Weather not too bad. Lovely place and the kids loved it.

I love the Vendee. Camping?
  • Options
    Rob said:

I love the Vendee. Camping?
    Na.It was hard enough getting my missus on a ferry.A tent may have been a step too far.We stayed in a lodge but people were also camping on the site.
  • Options

What is it about Egypt so many stories i've heard of people going and being ill.

Was hoping to take the family and my Mum to see my sister who has just moved to Holland , currently put on hold as my Mum has cancer scare stuff hanging over her at the moment , so not sure she will be fit to travel , and not too sure i'd feel happy leaving her on her own, life eh.

My wife got ill in egypt she was put on a, drip for a day in the hotel clinic and given medication reps said it was the heat load of rubbish when we got home she went to the quacks and she had food poisoning the medicine she was prescribe apparently was illegal in this country and could lead to damaged eyesight which would do her a favour being married to me ,but seriously got a claim going through at moment with solicitors we had all the injections before we went also personally i would say the hotels are good but go into the towns ie naama bay and its a complete dump horrible .
  • Options
    Holiday Village, Turkey in August.

chavs everywhere, brilliant.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Have been to Cyprus in early/mid October and it's still pretty warm, rather than hot. Should still be in the low-80s but it does get quite a bit cooler in the evenings.
  • Options

A few years ago I had a holiday in Marmaris in late October it was still very warm, at least t-shirt/shorts outside in daytime sort of warm.

Even better being slightly out of season the restaurants, bars weren't too packed and you could stroll around some of the touristy places without hordes of people getting in your way.
  • Options
    A week in Zante early June.
    Came back, other half had post holiday depression so going to see friends in Spain for a week soon.

Ps. This thread could be a burglars dream.
  • Options
    3 weeks in Santa Cruz, California house/cat sitting for friends.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Just back from 11 days in Mallorca - Palma, Pollensa and Soller. It's a bit of a cliché, but it has everything you could want - sun, great food, mountains and beaches, a bit of culture. I love it.

Keep away from Magaluf and the other 'chav' places (including the German-occupied ones) and Mallorca is fantastic. We spent 10 days in a villa just outside Pollensa a couple of years ago and it was fantastic.
  • Options
    Just had two weeks in Italia, travelled down the Tirenno coast from Via Reggio to Orbetello and stayed in hotel for 9 days. Great place, great people and great food. No brits, plenty of cycling, sea swimming and sun.