Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most despised professions

12346»

Comments

• Options

slaughtermen, why would anybody want to work in a abottoir???

I don't know that that's a reason to dispise them? Granted I assume it is a cow's most dispised profession but I've never really 'herd' people complaining about them as professionals.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options

Trainee psychopathic serial killers on work experience maybe?
  • Options
    Charlton based internet forum owners who refuse to add an 'argument icon' to threads, when exchanges become interestingly fruity.

(only joking fellas - you do a great job!)
  • Options

Rob put in baliffs vs the people its half hr long but absolutely superb this guy is a friend of the common man and against the banking bstd s u have to see it to believe it

30 minutes of my life I will never get back!

I (like I guess everyone else) don't know the background but suspect the house was probably repossessed not long afterwards, if so then rather a meaningless 'victory' for the Scouse bloke.

Whilst the bailiffs themselves were complete idiots and unpleasantly rude, to make this a story of the common people against bankers is plain daft.

Given Lloyds have the biggest share of the mortgage market in the UK and are effectively owned by us as tax payers how would people feel if they did not chase debt that was owed to them?

There are ways and means but there are also now plenty of safeguards built into the system for houseowners.
  • Options
    In defence of train drivers I will say that in the last year of driving passenger trains none of the delays were due to me the driver! Blame lay with mostly the signalman and Notwork Snail equipment failures!!
  • Options
    Athletico I have to say I disagree. If the Authorities say they are using the law and due process, then they must indeed use the law and due process.
    The bloke in the video was indeed using the 'safeguards' you mentioned by asking for proper documentation, for the due process to be followed.
    I think you saw a situation where the baliffs were trying to cut corners and they were thwarted for a while. If the result is that they have to be exact in what they do then all the better.
    One of the baliffs even said to a police officer something like 'imagine if everybody did (resisted) this'. Yes, imagine if people wanted the baliffs to actually abide by the rules, it would mean they would have to follow procedure exactly, in other words do the job right.
    The alternative could lead to someone turning up, saying they are a baliff, briefly waving some sort of document, and quickly flashing some sort of badge, and doing harm and damage they shouldn't be doing.
  • Options
    Quality that!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Investment bankers

Explain, or are you just jumping on the bandwagon?
    Probably because 90% of them are tossers?

Bandwagon & 90% of them are tossers, you mean spanners.
  • Options
    its the principle of the deceit by the bailiff's the blatant disregard for the law, there has to be something that is done to ensure that if this process has to be followed that it is done correctly as a last resort and after the legal process has been concluded, had the bailiff's had the right paperwork then it would be a legal repro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bulgarian windscreen washers,or if this is too PC incorrect, Rumanian pick pockets..
  • Options
    arms dealers
  • Options
    Dentists
    Used car salesmen
  • Options

that's a good job though Sillav I enjoyed it

you cannot be serious?

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Pays the bills
    yeah right and they can't work somewhere else?
  • Options

Trainee psychopathic serial killers on work experience maybe?
    exactly, addickupnorth
  • Options
    I did 15 yrs of age in ireland for my 6 wks summer hols i used to do it

I had helped the butcher from about 9 yrs of age go to the cattle mart buy the animals and take them back to his process place at the back of his shop at 15 i was allowed to bolt gun the animals and help butcher them

Humans eat meat and it doesnt come pre packed was a great job understanding the process from field to plate

It paid well it was done in the most humane way it could be and a whole town got its meat fresh

I really enjoyed the whole job from being a 9 yr old boy helping to herd them from the pens in the mart to the vehicles and then into the slaughter house and then packing the meat into trays

All the way up to learning how to get them from the vehicle to the fridges

I Learnt butchery and some knife work and how to clean out animals

My grandad used to take me hunting and we would sell the rabbits and that which we had caught to the butcher and the skins to the local knackers
  • Options
    Great story, NLA. Terrific stuff.
  • Options
    The one thing i learned more than anything back then was that certain animals existed for eating only and others had roles to play in that way of life

My grandad had a jack russel it lived in the garden to catch and kill as many river rats it could as the house backed on to a gorgeous river

They had an outside bog and if you didnt want rats running rd your feet when you went poop the dog was doing its job
    This dog was a great rabbit catcher too and as many as we shot this little thing would catch the same and it could catch trout unreal little dog it was a fearless little thing

When the dog was unable to fulfil the rat duties through age or the time it got raped as my grandad said only then did she live inside

He kept 1 pup he sold two to his pal the others got taken away from her too young and were wrapped in wool and put in a sack that sack was tied to a stick and placed in the river with some stones and it caught a huge bag of eels

I was about 7 or 8 when that happend and i was mortified i think i cried for a week but my grandparents were poor real poor and that fed my grandad for a few weeks his lunch

Looking back it was just life for them but for me it showed a total different view on where food comes from for people who had little money

We would walk miles poaching and hunting and as a young boy from the city being out after dark with your grandad a gun and a dog was amazing
  • Options
    I never ever yearned for the holidays to spain that all my mates went on i wanted my coach and boat trip to ireland and loved it more than anyone loved their two weeks in the sun and 9 times out of ten my tan was better than theirs aswell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's lovely, NLA. The great American writer Raymond Carver wrote some poems about going salmon fishing as a young boy with his father on rivers in Washington state. Reading them after a few bevvies can have me in tears.
  • Options
    Who or what raped the dog NLA?! Thats some messed up shizzle!
  • Options
    Vivisectionists
  • Options
    when the pups grew up they looked like a cross between a jack Russell and a lurcher weird looking things the knackers up the lane had lurchers so I reckon one came over the wall and took advantage of her
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    God you've got to have a clear mind to do something like that (The Bailiff video) - incredible. Thick as pig sh*t that entourage that showed up.

Bouncers would be my most despised, I think.

• Options

That's lovely, NLA. The great American writer Raymond Carver wrote some poems about going salmon fishing as a young boy with his father on rivers in Washington state. Reading them after a few bevvies can have me in tears.

This. Absolutely this. Raymond Carver's short stories are absolutely magnificent. Genius.