Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Baby

Comments

• Options
    Harry must be dead pleased... no way is he getting anywhere near the throne now!
  • Options

Oh god. Here we go again. Pleased for them as a couple and wish them nothing but the best but we are now going to have hourly updates on her for the next six months.

We'll need something for the media to be obsessed with after the Scottish referendum !
  • Options
    Congrats to them.

No surprise to see The Guardian website and the rest of the lefty brigade online trying to suggest that it has been timed politically ahead of the Scottish Independence vote.

They're a young couple having kids FFS, just like any other young married couple.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

No surprise to see The Guardian website and the rest of the lefty brigade online trying to suggest that it has been timed politically ahead of the Scottish Independence vote.

They're a young couple having kids FFS, just like any other young married couple.

Apart from the fact that every other young married couple have to be extremely careful with their finances when planning a family - they can just pump them out whenever they want with no worries in that respect knowing that the state (or Grandma) will pay for them.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Apart from the fact that every other young married couple have to be extremely careful with their finances when planning a family - they can just pump them out whenever they want with no worries in that respect knowing that the state (or Grandma) will pay for them.
    You cant have walked round Erith town centre lately!

There are a hell of a lot more draining the economy than the royal family having another baby. Plus the focus and attention this will create, just like their first baby, will boost tourism enough to pay for their children anyway!
  • Options
    God bless them. Love the Royals.

Look forward to uncovering the 24-page commemorative picture handout from the Soaraway Sun in a box in my loft in 40 yrs time !
  • Options

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Think you missed the point I was trying to make, but OK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

God bless them. Love the Royals.

Look forward to uncovering the 24-page commemorative picture handout from the Soaraway Sun in a box in my loft in 40 yrs time !

Been sorting out the inlaws loft for them. Came across a whole box of royal memorabilia in the form of newspaper supplements etc. They binned the lot without even looking at it. Well worth keeping that lot for 30-odd years! :)

• Options
    cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    My missus has got the lot. Newspaper supplements, tea towels, mugs, you name it.
  • Options
    Cue predictable rantings...
  • Options
    Probably just convenient timing. Congratulations to them.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?
    Yes, when couples get married in their late twenties, they often have kids. Royal or not.

I'd be majorly surprised if 3 months ago they sat down and said "Right we've got this Scottish independence thing coming up in September 2014, lets orchestrate it so that it can be announced just ahead of that" like some are already making out.
  • Options
    I'm sure she's very nice, but sorry, but its just another descendant of the biggest thugs of 400 years ago who wont ever go out and do a 'pwopa job', or slog its guts up for 50 years paying huge sums to Grandma, or stress about money, nor support Charlton-which in turn causes an early death - after all, why do you think most of the Royal family live well into old age.? (apart from not supporting Charlton)
  • Options
    I don't think they read Charlton life actually so you're wasting your time wishing them congratulations as much as everyone is saying RIP in the various threads on here.

Just weird.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?
    Yes, when couples get married in their late twenties, they often have kids. Royal or not.

I'd be majorly surprised if 3 months ago they sat down and said "Right we've got this Scottish independence thing coming up in September 2014, lets orchestrate it so that it can be announced just ahead of that" like some are already making out.
    No I was talking about your Guardian conspiracy theory bit, I can't see anything and haven't heard anything about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?

No I was talking about your Guardian conspiracy theory bit, I can't see anything and haven't heard anything about it.
    The first link on the page breaking the story - banging on about the Scottish referendum theguardian.com/commentisfree/poll/2014/sep/08/new-royal-baby-save-union-scotland#start-of-comments
  • Options
    cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?

The first link on the page breaking the story - banging on about the Scottish referendum theguardian.com/commentisfree/poll/2014/sep/08/new-royal-baby-save-union-scotland#start-of-comments
    Quite a bit different to what you are suggesting though.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?

Then look at the comments.

The top two read as follows:

"Uh yay.....Just before Independence Referendum. But hey, does this mean a betterment of UK society?"

"No, it means we have to endure more "Rule Britannia" bullshit, while the country is sold out from under our feet."
  • Options
    Congratulations to them

What a load of bollox from some quarters
  • Options
    cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Congrats to them.

Are they?

Then look at the comments.

The top two read as follows:

"Uh yay.....Just before Independence Referendum. But hey, does this mean a betterment of UK society?"

"No, it means we have to endure more "Rule Britannia" bullshit, while the country is sold out from under our feet."
    Still quite a bit different from what you are suggesting.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options

I'm sure she's very nice, but sorry, but its just another descendant of the biggest thugs of 400 years ago who wont ever go out and do a 'pwopa job', or slog its guts up for 50 years paying huge sums to Grandma, or stress about money, nor support Charlton-which in turn causes an early death - after all, why do you think most of the Royal family live well into old age.? (apart from not supporting Charlton)

I'm no fan of the Royal Family but don't both William and Harry have "pwopa job"s (whatever the hell that is) ?