Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Baby

Comments

• Options
    another royal mouth for the state to assist feeding

austerity???????????
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I don't think they read Charlton life actually so you're wasting your time wishing them congratulations as much as everyone is saying RIP in the various threads on here.

Just weird.

Probably the best post in this thread.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

buckshee said:

I don't think they read Charlton life actually so you're wasting your time wishing them congratulations as much as everyone is saying RIP in the various threads on here.

Just weird.

Probably the best post in this thread.

Kate will have her head in the toilet bowl for the next couple of months but William might read it to her...

• Options
    Prince William and Kate Middleton set to name their second child after ex-West Ham boss?
    ROYAL couple Prince William and Kate Middleton could name their second child after former West Ham boss Alan Curbishley… according to the bookies.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/398752/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-set-to-name-their-second-child-after-ex-West-Ham-boss
  • Options

Love the royals and love the anger and hate they fill up in some of your sad lives, for you to feel the need to post on a football forum such self righteous anti establishment bollox

It must be a sad place you find yourselves in wjen you can't find joy in the wonders of children and the happiness they provide for those having them

I don't see why anyone feels the need to talk about the Royal family at all on a football forum.
  • Options

Prince William and Kate Middleton set to name their second child after ex-West Ham boss?
    ROYAL couple Prince William and Kate Middleton could name their second child after former West Ham boss Alan Curbishley… according to the bookies.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/398752/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-set-to-name-their-second-child-after-ex-West-Ham-boss

So...will they pay out if it's called Alan or Llewellyn?

;-)
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Love the royals and love the anger and hate they fill up in some of your sad lives, for you to feel the need to post on a football forum such self righteous anti establishment bollox

It must be a sad place you find yourselves in wjen you can't find joy in the wonders of children and the happiness they provide for those having them

I don't see why anyone feels the need to talk about the Royal family at all on a football forum.
    So does that go for any non football related topics? Really we shouldn't be talking about anything other than Charlton on a Charlton forum.
  • Options

It's not about finding "joy in the wonders of children". It's about singling out a particular child simply because of its ancestry. There are approximately 700,000 children born in this country each year. I wish them and their parents every happiness but I don't see a thread for them on here. Just like I didn't see the mass hysteria and collective hand-wringing for the many other parents that died in a car crash in 1997, yet for some reason many people felt the need for it in relation to Diana, despite never having met her or her family.

It's the whole idea that the Royal Family are in some way special and superior. The very fact that they are referred to by honorifics such as 'Highness' or 'Majesty' turns my stomach. They are flesh and blood just like any other person and no more worthy of respect or honour than any other person.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

It's not about finding "joy in the wonders of children". It's about singling out a particular child simply because of its ancestry. There are approximately 700,000 children born in this country each year. I wish them and their parents every happiness but I don't see a thread for them on here. Just like I didn't see the mass hysteria and collective hand-wringing for the many other parents that died in a car crash in 1997, yet for some reason many people felt the need for it in relation to Diana, despite never having met her or her family.

It's the whole idea that the Royal Family are in some way special and superior. The very fact that they are referred to by honorifics such as 'Highness' or 'Majesty' turns my stomach. They are flesh and blood just like any other person and no more worthy of respect or honour than any other person.

If it doesn't interest certain miserable people then they don't need to post or have digs. Simple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These two are my royal babies!! I'm a lapsed member and now back for general Charlton chat!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

If it doesn't interest certain miserable people then they don't need to post or have digs. Simple.
    Yes, clearly anyone who doesn't feel the need to fawn all over the royal family must be miserable.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

Yes, clearly anyone who doesn't feel the need to fawn all over the royal family must be miserable.

People who go out of their way to have a moan when a young British couple announce they are bringing a new person into the world, Royal or not, are miserable yes.
  • Options
    If moaning is not allowed on this forum then it might as well be closed down.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

People who go out of their way to have a moan when a young British couple announce they are bringing a new person into the world, Royal or not, are miserable yes.
    Utter bollocks! What about people who go out of their way to announce how delighted they are at the impending birth of someone they will never meet to parents that they have never and will never meet and do not know in any way? What are they then?

• Options
    Rizzo said:

cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

Utter bollocks! What about people who go out of their way to announce how delighted they are at the impending birth of someone they will never meet to parents that they have never and will never meet and do not know in any way? What are they then?

They're not as miserable.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

cafctom said:

Rizzo said:

They're not as miserable.
    Sad perhaps, but not miserable.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Posting on something you have no interest in for the sake of moaning - that is sad (and miserable)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Posting on something you have no interest in for the sake of moaning - that is sad (and miserable)

Ah yes. We're clearly only allowed to post on threads where we are in agreement with the original post. No debate. No conflicting opinion. Everyone's a winner! Hurrah!!

• Options
    Rizzo what are you doing? You're not allowed to post in this thread, you sad miserable git.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Rizzo what are you doing? You're not allowed to post in this thread, you sad miserable git.

Solly

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Its ok Rizzo, you're not the only miserable (old?) git - who's not allowed any opinions that differ from the happy people.

Now, that national anthem of ours......
  • Options
    You mean Jerusalem?
  • Options
    SE3Addick said:

These two are my royal babies!! I'm a lapsed member and now back for general Charlton chat!

"Nice one SE3" - however I have never met you, probably never will and don't know you in any way, so ignore me.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

You mean Jerusalem?

I really think we should use the Sex Pistols version - would make International football matches so much more interesting.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

You mean Jerusalem?

I really think we should use the Sex Pistols version - would make International football matches so much more interesting.
    I don't, most overrated band of all time.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

You mean Jerusalem?

I don't, most overrated band of all time.
    I remember listening to Nicky Horne on Capital saying he would never play a Sex Pistols track as Punk was shiite - two years later he he was saying they were one of the best bands on the planet.Must admit, took a while for me to get into them - but they were formidable.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

SE3Addick said:

"Nice one SE3" - however I have never met you, probably never will and don't know you in any way, so ignore me.
    Fair comment! There are around 15,000 Charlton fans I never will meet or speak to every other week I'm at the Valley.

Something quite exciting about putting my boys in their first kit! Just waiting for them to grow into this years kit!
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Harry must be dead pleased... no way is he getting anywhere near the throne now!

Imagine having James Hewitt's son on the throne!