Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Baby

Comments

• Options
    Stuck a knife in it about 4 posts back, now it's plunging off a cliff
  • Options

I love them god save the queen.

with the exception of St Pauls cathedral and what the building means to me personally Buckingham palace is my second fav building in London

I don’t care what they cost I don’t care if it’s a birth right I don’t give two fucks about any of it

Long may they reign long may they live and god bless every single one of them

Mate I’d go further and extradite / evict every one of these spiteful anti-monarchists. Wouldn’t want to fill up our towers and prisons, but go live in one of the wonderful republics you crave, no one is stopping you.

Put off opening threads like this but need to stop opening them all together. Genuinely makes me angry. I’m still recovering from how many people hated Ant & Dec and now this!

God Save the Queen,
    Rule Brittania,
    O yay, O yay, the new prince born today (well, yesterday)
    I'm angry at those who dislike the royals after all they've done for us and the sacrifices they have made.

Personally I think anyone who doesn't like the Royal Family should be banned from Charlton Life. The gender fluid, sandal wearing, lentil munching PC brigade are ruining this country and this website.

Anyone who doesn't like the royals should be made to live in exile in Penge.
    I think you’re trying far too hard with this sarcasm malarkey. Keep going though, you seem like you’re really enjoying yourself.
    Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated.
  • Options

A great day for England yet again. Another addition to the long line of history that most of the world can only dream of having.

A proper feel good factor multiplier.

As the saying goes 'haters gonna hate'. Some people are just naturally miserable. Best left to their own devices.

Don't engage with them as they are looking to feed the misery and sadness that courses through their veins.

This form of hatred is usually made up of people that proclaim to be bastions of anti-hate.

GSTQ.

It's a free country as far as I'm aware and presumably you don't have to be a royalist. If you don't worship the royals how does that make you miserable exactly?

Strange line of argument.
  • Options

A great day for England yet again. Another addition to the long line of history that most of the world can only dream of having.

As the saying goes 'haters gonna hate'. Some people are just naturally miserable. Best left to their own devices.

Don't engage with them as they are looking to feed the misery and sadness that courses through their veins.

This form of hatred is usually made up of people that proclaim to be bastions of anti-hate.

GSTQ.

It's a free country as far as I'm aware and presumably you don't have to be a royalist. If you don't worship the royals how does that make you miserable exactly?

This. I don’t hate the royals. I just believe that monarchy is an anachronism and democracy is better served by a republic.

• Options

GSTQ.

Hopefully that argument is as relevant, and is upheld, when others post opinions contrary to the purpose of other threads but are told to either not open the thread or not comment if they have nothing nice to say.

Until then.......

• Options

GSTQ.

Hopefully that argument is as relevant, and is upheld, when others post opinions contrary to the purpose of other threads but are told to either not open the thread or not comment if they have nothing nice to say.

Until then.......

Who decides the purpose of each thread and what nice is? I'm assuming you must know.

Should only royalists be allowed to comment on this thread?
  • Options

GSTQ.

This. I don’t hate the royals. I just believe that monarchy is an anachronism and democracy is better served by a republic.

So when you look around all the countries in the world SHG, you think there is a problem with democracy in this country?
  • Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

Who decides the purpose of each thread and what nice is? I'm assuming you must know.

You'd most definitely be best served asking those questions to either those that tell others not to post certain things on threads or those described above who tell others to not open threads if they don't like the direction the discussion is going in.

Of course anyone can comment on a thread. That is my point, and a point that a smart man like you, one that stands tall above all before you, obviously gets. You're quite evidently toying with me by using your vast superiority in all forms of communication. For that I can only bestow the maximum amount of admiration on to you for, well, just being you.

I'd even go so far as to say that you remind me of royalty. Are you royalty? I'd be surprised if not as you carry yourself with such grace and elegance. I bet your posture when walking is sublime to see.

Your gait is no doubt envied the world over.

You are the definition of nice.
  • Options
    I don't hate the Royals, they don't bother me and I am not concerned about the cost to the country I just wish the Queen would cheer up when out and about. People stand for hours after travelling for miles to get a glimpse of her and wave their Union Jacks and she barely cracks a smile.

The younger Royals however do get more involved and seem happy to engage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

You'd most definitely be best served asking those questions to either those that tell others not to post certain things on threads or those described above who tell others to not open threads if they don't like the direction the discussion is going in.

Of course anyone can comment on a thread. That is my point, and a point that a smart man like you, one that stands tall above all before you, obviously gets. You're quite evidently toying with me by using your vast superiority in all forms of communication. For that I can only bestow the maximum amount of admiration on to you for, well, just being you.

I'd even go so far as to say that you remind me of royalty. Are you royalty? I'd be surprised if not as you carry yourself with such grace and elegance. I bet your posture when walking is sublime to see.

I'm not really clear the point you are trying to make? You seem incredibly defensive.
  • Options

GSTQ.

So when you look around all the countries in the world SHG, you think there is a problem with democracy in this country?
    To be fair it really grates on me when the Queen introduces all these new laws against the publics and parliaments wishes - so undemocratic.
  • Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

I'm not really clear the point you are trying to make? You seem incredibly defensive.
    Incredibly defensive has to be better than being poorly defensive. Wouldn't you agree?

Funny that, as I got the impression that you were being incredibly defensive after my opening post.

However, I've reviewed my thoughts and have concluded that you are correct. You always are and I can learn so much from you. I mean, who couldn't learn from such a well read and versed individual.

You'll go down in history, that's for sure. Hurrah.

This sarcasm lark is easy.
  • Options

GSTQ.

Our system is not ideal but I accept it could be an awful lot worse.
  • Options

GSTQ.

No I don’t but my stance is one of principle rather than practicality. My feeling is that it’s absurd to elevate one family to a position of unbridled privilege and wealth and to put them on a pedestal above all others. I just can’t get my head around it.

• Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

Incredibly defensive has to be better than being poorly defensive. Wouldn't you agree?

Funny that, as I got the impression that you were being incredibly defensive after my opening post.

However, I've reviewed my thoughts and have concluded that you are correct. You always are and I can learn so much from you. I mean, who couldn't learn from such a well read and versed individual.

You seem to struggle with people challenging your views - I think you've made that clear.

• Options
    the’ve only gone and called him Roland Guy Bob Jose Windsor

• Options

GSTQ.

No I don’t but my stance is one of principle rather than practicality. My feeling is that it’s absurd to elevate one family to a position of unbridled privilege and wealth and to put them on a pedestal above all others. I just can’t get my head around it.

This, and then everyone wants to fawn over them, they have done nothing to justify being in the position they are, except being born, if you apply some logic its a bloody ridiculous notion, madness.
  • Options

GSTQ.

At least here that comes with a rich history and tradition.

In other countries it seems to come through corruption
    Hang on one cherry-pickin' second here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

GSTQ.

Well that of course depends on how far you are prepared to look back before you think it’s irrelevant. Plenty of corruption and indeed murder in the British monarchy.

Britain indeed has its fair share of corruption - a bit dangerous to put it up on a pedestal.
  • Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

You seem to struggle with people challenging your views - I think you've made that clear.

You seem to have completely missed the point.

The challenging of views is something I will always welcome, despite your seeming efforts to distort this due to having your views challenged.
  • Options

GSTQ.

Well that of course depends on how far you are prepared to look back before you think it’s irrelevant. Plenty of corruption and indeed murder in the British monarchy.

ok, fair challenge. I'm judging my view on what I perceive to be relevant (ie. 20th / 21st century) but can't argue if you want to pull me up on hundreds of years ago if you perceive that to be relevant.

• Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

The challenging of views is something I will always welcome, despite your seeming efforts to distort this due to having your views challenged.
    I'm not really clear how you have challenged my views - I must be missing something.

You seem to be a royalist and I'm not - is that fair to say?

• Options

GSTQ.

ok, fair challenge. I'm judging my view on what I perceive to be relevant (ie. 20th / 21st century) but can't argue if you want to pull me up on hundreds of years ago if you perceive that to be relevant.

And that’s fair comment too although of course this current royal family wouldn’t be here if it hadn’t been for the corruption of the previous. It is by definition a succession.

You could argue that the sins of the fathers should not be visited upon the sons and all that but I stand by my view that democracy is in pure terms better served in a republic.

• Options

Our country had been built on a kings and queens our history is envied around the world

We have had a family that is the head of our country and I never will understand how people are so willing to ignore that history and wish it removed

The sign of a healthy country is that debate is possible - nothing is perfect. Our history is a mix of good and bad.

• Options

GSTQ.

Until then.......

I'm not really clear how you have challenged my views - I must be missing something.

You seem to be a royalist and I'm not - is that fair to say?

I wouldn't class myself as being a royalist, no.

I'm a proud Englishman that is even prouder of Englands history, warts and all, as I understand that to enjoy and benefit from the good you have to accept that some bad was done to achieve this.

Think of it as a more progressive vision than most religious people adhere to. I won't just cherry pick the nice bits and ignore the inconvenient nasty parts in case it challenges me.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

GSTQ.

Hang on one cherry-pickin' second here
    Hi @Leuth , it's probably not worth me asking tbh but here goes. You seem to have run away from missed my reply on the Windrush thread so thought I'd ask if you received the reply you wanted.

The reason I ask is that you seemed extraordinarily keen to pose your questioning of how I know some of those affected but not so keen to follow it up after I answered you.

Here's the link:

http://www.forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81735/the-windrush-scandal#latest