Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller (ed. Signs for Spanners)

Comments

• Options

Ha ha Füllers Strike Rate

I dont Care if he Scores 0 in 40 And we win all the Games one Nil

Given the Way we are Set up , can't u see that a one man wrecking machine up top is exactly the type of player we need. If the squad evolves and we start dominating possession , maybe that kind of player is not right for such tactics. Whilst we are content to soak up pressure and play on the break, fuller fits perfect. SCP sees this and that's why he is prepared to give RF10 the benefit of the doubt in fitness

In some games he played he kept entire defences occupied until we got a foothold

Palace, Ipswich and watford.... He was sensational

I don't think judging Ricardo on strike Rate demonstrates anything other than a misunderstanding of the subtleties of the game

Hit the nail on the head. Forest away he came on and changed the game for ten minutes or so.

I'd happily give the man another year.
  • Options
    We all agree

Ricardo fuller's a monsta

:)

Still I await for this to catch on

And I have one for ceddy

The tune of abracadabra

Cedric

Cedric

Evina

He gonna run past and skin ya

COYR
  • Options
    Fuller would be a great Kevin Phillips type. Throw him on in the last 30 and he might do something to change the game or score a goal.
  • Options
    If he's match fit and halves his reported weekly wage then a yes from me.
    If anything like as unfit as he was when he joined us, then it's a no from me.
    Can't afford a slacker getting fit on our coin.
  • Options
    Agreed but I counter that Ricardo is no slacker

He is a reggae boy. Tivoli gardens brap brap!

Doesn't mean that he is lazy that's just a cultural style and we should appreciate that

I can't accept criticism of his immediate impact. I was at portman road and when he came on the tractor boys manuered it! One of my all time favorite debuts!

However, each to their own and it's all opinions.
  • Options
    His performance at Ipswich away was the best single individual performance from a Charlton player I've seen in years. Even when he wasn't moving with the ball, he had 2-3 players at a time being put on their arse.
  • Options
    The Bolton home game summed up for Fuller me. Awful first half (along with the rest of them) and probably should have been subbed. Second half like a totally different animal, almost unplayable and played a huge part in turning the game (and to some degree, the season) around.
    You never know which Fuller you're gonna get, we have no one else like him and I'd like to see him back.
  • Options
    Exactly.

I still remember the look of horror on their CB face when he ran at him

Here's what I thought of it at the time

Ok give me the Poetic license that doesnt quite Rhyme. Extra e and nö accent and then it Might just

Lads we have a star in our midst. Just like Yann the man was too too Good for League One, our ric is a Cut above.

Sure the Keeper should have had it, Thats why he isnt tending nets in the PL. But he didnt and RF10 is Off the Mark. Bang, Big hulking Champs Player was dispossed Centre Circle. Champs defender was scared witless and ran away. Our ric ran it 30 yds , nö pace? (actually Reminds me of Claus in the Way he Runs quicker with than without the Pigs bladder - a god Given skill). His Finish was composure, he Hit it badly for him, but the clinical Mindset with which he approached the situation was evident. Play the percentages but Play them with a superior Level of technique. Pure gravy

I was about 14 when he First came. Im Not gönna express my strong views on some of the more important issues at our beloved CAFC and can only express admiraton for those of u collectivising and TRUST in Each other.

But Super ric, RF10 is a Bloody Fine distraction

• Options

If he's match fit and halves his reported weekly wage then a yes from me.
    If anything like as unfit as he was when he joined us, then it's a no from me.
    Can't afford a slacker getting fit on our coin.

I'm sure he'd be happy to halve his "reported" wages, as long as his actual wages stay the same. :-)
  • Options
    the only way he could come back to us is on OUR terms,it has to be that ,or nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be happy with him back, he can't be relied on to be a starter but as a rotational player he would be fantastic. Just whether we can afford him.
  • Options
    I like Ricardo. Always capable of doing the unexpected. A good influence as well. Would be happy with him coming back.
  • Options
    I'll be surprised if we see Ric in a Charlton shirt this season.
  • Options

I'll be surprised if we see Ric in a Charlton shirt this season.

Inside info, MIA or just a Quasimodo moment ?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Haha just figured what you were saying Fan , i like Ric , but don't think he offers value for money because of his injury problems, i think he'll be shown the door like Danny Haynes , and the wages used to bring a striker in on loan from the Premiership once the transfer windows shut.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i don't want to be another moaner in a site bursting with them but I just get frustrated with him-he's so one dimensional, neve picks out the pass. He seems to give the impression that he can win the ball in the air but never does-often mistimes the jump.he's obviously got some skill and there are some magic moments from him but their too few and far between-every time he gets the ball on the wing he tries to nutmeg the defender and it often works but then the other defender just gets it because he kicked it too far. He's very strong but seems to give away more fauls than good. I completely agree though that he suits the formation we were so lethal with at the end of the season so I think that if didn't sign a strong striker like couillaby -and maybe just for those magic moments like against petebourer and palace-than I would take him back (not that it's down to me)IF he took a big wage cut and was relatively fit. Maybe I'm in the minority here and being ignorant or pessimistic but I just don't rate him as a player to have.
  • Options

Haha just figured what you were saying Fan , i like Ric , but don't think he offers value for money because of his injury problems, i think he'll be shown the door like Danny Haynes , and the wages used to bring a striker in on loan from the Premiership once the transfer windows shut.

Fair enough, MIA . But being a greedy so & so , I'd like to see both !

• Options
    Does something different, so I'd take him any day of the week. However none of us know the economics of it.
  • Options
    Barbour said:

I think he could have another season in the tank. But he needs to start the season with a goal or two and kick on from there. No doubt he is a good player but last season I don't think it really took off for him.

Don't think Ricardo had a proper Pre season last year and players that don't get that rarely catch up or have a good season, particularly with age and a few injuries against your name. I for one will be very happy to see Fuller sign for another season.

• Options
    This subject doesn't need debating...sign him up if the money's right and get him to train the younger forwards in his spare time...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This subject doesn't need debating...sign him up if the money's right and get him to train the younger forwards in his spare time...

There you have it lads, close the thread because the subject doesn't need debating !
  • Options
    Some players have that little bit extra in their play that makes the difference and they have a lot to offer on and off the field...scp is the classic example...fuller has a huge impact when he's playing...using that when we can" and rarely does any player appear ona team sheet for the whole season these days...and getting him to pass his knowledge and experience on could be a good move for him and the club...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You can't dispute Rics class and qualities, he does stuff no other Charlton striker can do , if we were to resign him he'd almost have to be on reduced wages and seen as a 3rd or 4th choice striker, due to his injury record.

If he'd stayed fit for the whole of last season we'd have definately finished in the play offs if not the top 2.

I don't think I've ever seen a Charlton player 'ghost' past players the way he does, sometimes I think he over does it a bit, I agree with the point about taking the heat off our defence when we are under the kosh, still unsure that he will want less wages, but he may be at a time where he's made his dough, and just wants to enjoy his football..
  • Options
    You've convinced me about Fuller - until I read these recent comments I hadn't realised just how good he is, especially at things like occupying defenders off the ball. I didn't see the game at Ipswich, where by all accounts he played a blinder, but noted in other games the sheer class that earned him a career in the Prem. What a pity about his regular injuries.
  • Options
    Opponents hate playing against him, he turns their gameplan inside out.

I'd be pleased to see him re-sign.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Right price = Right Player. Looks like we are waiting on who blinks first, with Fuller expressing his desire to re-sign, he has started the game, now depends if CP wants to play. (Or Maybe more poignantly TJ)
  • Options
    AddickBen said:

i don't want to be another moaner in a site bursting with them but I just get frustrated with him-he's so one dimensional, neve picks out the pass. He seems to give the impression that he can win the ball in the air but never does-often mistimes the jump.he's obviously got some skill and there are some magic moments from him but their too few and far between-every time he gets the ball on the wing he tries to nutmeg the defender and it often works but then the other defender just gets it because he kicked it too far. He's very strong but seems to give away more fauls than good. I completely agree though that he suits the formation we were so lethal with at the end of the season so I think that if didn't sign a strong striker like couillaby -and maybe just for those magic moments like against petebourer and palace-than I would take him back (not that it's down to me)IF he took a big wage cut and was relatively fit. Maybe I'm in the minority here and being ignorant or pessimistic but I just don't rate him as a player to have.

I'm with ya Ben. Yes we are in a minority it seems but then is CL representative of the general Charlton support. In another thread I was told its not. Most fans sitting around me were continually unimpressed with Fuller. Also he know longer offers value for money so unless he drops his wage demands by about 60% then there is no chance of him signing anyway.

• Options
    @largeaddick I think there are very few who are advocating Fuller on the same deal as last season, reported or otherwise. He obviously has not had a rush of clubs after him, otherwise he would not be training with us, so it maybe that he does have to make do with a 60% offer either from us or someone else.

I'm in favour of him re signing but only at a price that offers us value for money which may mean a low or other player equivalent basic that is then bolstered (as equivalent to other players such as Yann) bonus structure.
  • Options
    id be pleased to see fuller re signed for another year thought he was excellent at Ipswich last season really impressed.We just cant rely on yann.
  • Options
    addick82 said:

id be pleased to see fuller re signed for another year thought he was excellent at Ipswich last season really impressed.We just cant rely on yann.

I think you mean we can't rely on just Yann. We certainly CAN rely on Yann!