Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dagenham away tonight 23/07

Comments

• Options
    Harriott Green Evina Kerm Cousins Hollands Stephens off
  • Options
    Cook on also
  • Options
    Morro switched to right
  • Options
    thanks for the updates redhenry
  • Options
    Charlton now passing it around better since Gower and Jacko came on
  • Options
    10 mins left. Daggers shoot but saved well by Button
  • Options

Hughes, Jackson, Gower and Pritchard (4 first team midfieders) are on the bench and we are playing well and winning. Some people just love to moan and complain.</
    agree well said

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Mike I know you go week in week out but sometimes I do question why you bother. I can't remember the last time I read a positive comment from you.

I guess going with Nathan every week is beginning to take its toll.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mike said:

Hollands, Stephens, Green and Evina don't particularly inspire me, no. Others, yes.

Those four have now left the field, can we feel inspired yet? After all they did contribute to a 2-0 winning position :0)
  • Options

Mike I know you go week in week out but sometimes I do question why you bother. I can't remember the last time I read a positive comment from you.

I guess going with Nathan every week is beginning to take its toll.

yeah might stop bothering mate cheers for the concern. Need a Bournemouth ticket?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 FT
  • Options
    how are fox and piggot playing (if on), interested to see whether they are ready for the first team or just there because we have little choice in those positions?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We're doomed!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

2-0 FT

Thanks for the updates.
  • Options
    Cheers for the updates.
  • Options
    2nd half was really poor. Other than Yann creating a chance for himself little else of note ocurred.
  • Options
    Thought cousins was our best player first half second half as a team we were poor only yann with a chance and a Prichard header near the end button looked good when he came on and wood looked solid (no pun meant there) wins breed confidence whatever kind of game it is.COYR!
  • Options
    First half good.

second half bad.

players look really, really slim.
  • Options
    my report from D&R tonight.

decent first half, although it looked at times that we were playing rush striker (instead of rush goalie) with Harriott/Hollands/ Green all trying to get on the end of Kermy's flick-ons. Evina had a solid game as did Wood. 1st half MOTM is a toss up between Kermy and Jordan Cousins, who played some lovely 40-50 yard passes and always looked comfortable on the ball.

2nd half we went back into our shell & looked worse when 4 or 5 subs were made. Very disjointed and kept giving the ball away. Last 15-20 mins consisted of a front 2 of Piggott & Smith and although they tried hard they had no real service, apart from a couple of crosses that their keeper caught easily.

I know a lot of you on here think I'm a moaner, but I dread to think how this team is going to fare this season without adding another 3 or 4 bodies - mainly strikers. I think we have a decent back 5 and with Jacko, Harriott& Pritch in midfield we have some energy and oomph. We rely SO much on Kermy and god knows what would happen if he got a long term injury as he alone is holding the top end together. It seems to me that CP now realises he ain't going to get the 2 or 3 strikers that he really needs (certainly not before Aug 31st) and is trying out this 4-5-1 formation with various players making the spare man to come up with the goals. To date this has worked, but we not played anyone of note and I can see it falling apart very quickly unless we sign someone soon.

• Options
    If obika is the answer to all our problems then we are doomed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought we looked better than the previous posters have suggested, moving the ball quickly and crisply, and keeping possession. The damage was done in the first half-hour with two neatly taken moves, the second from a long sweeping play down the right. Yes, we stepped off the gas a bit in the second period - the substitution of Green and Kermorgant left us without a cutting edge - but the Daggers looked a poor team, weaker than AFC Wimbledon last week. Job done efficiently and without fuss. Bring on the men from Inverness.
  • Options

First half good.

second half bad.

Agreed, I thought that at Wimbledon. (Probably because we can't afford to feed them :-)
  • Options

First half good.

second half bad.

Agreed, I thought that at Wimbledon. (Probably because we can't afford to feed them :-)
    If I remember rightly the fitness coach said at the fun day training session that the players have come back this pre season fitter then last pre season.
  • Options
    Was a game of two halves. First half we passed it around well, we looked sharp and were better than Daggers at everything. Second half we looked a little jaded, we sat back and let them attack us. If it hadn't been for Button, it could have been embarrassing.
  • Options
    Cousins played well when he was in midfield but after he got moved to RB he was shocking.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Cousins played well when he was in midfield but after he got moved to RB he was shocking.

Agrred he messed up few crossing opportunities.

Decent game for a PSF but we need a couple of strikers desperately. Kermo wants to play deeper and it just won't work without a striker. Piggott and Smith clearly not ready.
  • Options

my report from D&R tonight.

decent first half, although it looked at times that we were playing rush striker (instead of rush goalie) with Harriott/Hollands/ Green all trying to get on the end of Kermy's flick-ons. Evina had a solid game as did Wood. 1st half MOTM is a toss up between Kermy and Jordan Cousins, who played some lovely 40-50 yard passes and always looked comfortable on the ball.

2nd half we went back into our shell & looked worse when 4 or 5 subs were made. Very disjointed and kept giving the ball away. Last 15-20 mins consisted of a front 2 of Piggott & Smith and although they tried hard they had no real service, apart from a couple of crosses that their keeper caught easily.

I know a lot of you on here think I'm a moaner, but I dread to think how this team is going to fare this season without adding another 3 or 4 bodies - mainly strikers. I think we have a decent back 5 and with Jacko, Harriott& Pritch in midfield we have some energy and oomph. We rely SO much on Kermy and god knows what would happen if he got a long term injury as he alone is holding the top end together. It seems to me that CP now realises he ain't going to get the 2 or 3 strikers that he really needs (certainly not before Aug 31st) and is trying out this 4-5-1 formation with various players making the spare man to come up with the goals. To date this has worked, but we not played anyone of note and I can see it falling apart very quickly unless we sign someone soon.

I don't think there are too many that disagree with you Golfie. I feel for CP who is not at this point being given the resources, still there are a few days left for someone to come in and I recall that Murphy and Jeffers only joined two days before the season started.
  • Options
    I make it we are still unbeaten so far this 'season' .. is that right?
  • Options
    Mike said:

Mike said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 9m
    Charlton: Hamer, Solly, Evina, Cort, Wood, Green, Harriott, Cousins, Hollands, Stephens, Kermorgant. (IL) #cafc
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 8m
    Charlton (subs): Button, Hughes, Jackson, Gower, Cook, Morrison, Dervite, Pigott, Fox, Pritchard. (IL) #cafc

rather uninspiring.

Yeah the squad that finished 9th last year and worked their bollocks off. Very uninspiring.
    Glad you agree. Green, Hollands, Stephens, Cousins and Evina did play a huge part in us getting 9th.
    Actually they did bar Cousins.
  • Options
    First half was good, green was quite poor. Harriott was good. Was impressed with Cousins, lost the ball a couple of times, but constantly offered himself for a pass, some great long cross field balls. Solly has added an attacking aspect to his game. I know there's not much choice, but I don't think Yann should be up front on his own, he likes to come deep and get the ball.

we played the last 15 mins with a 3-5-2 formation. Morro, Dervite and Wood at the back. Pritch and Fox as wing backs. Hughes, Gower and Jacko in the middle with Cook playing just off Piggott. Not sure Cook is a striker really, more of a winger. Pritch and Fox both looked very fit and were involved in both attack and defence, definitely could be an option.

decent burger