Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Mcdonald.

Cant help but think we missed the boat on this one. He run our defence in circles at the valley last season,scored as well. Must have been wprth ago on a free.

Comments

• Options
    One of the highest earners at Boro. As was Bailey.
  • Options
    We have no money unfortunately
  • Options
    Im shocked that mcdonald would be on more money than adamo.
  • Options
    You don't think Boro and Celtic pay more money than Debrecen?
  • Options

Im shocked that mcdonald would be on more money than adamo.

McDonald cost 3.5m only a few years ago, he would have been on mega wages at boro
  • Options
    true enough.
  • Options
    Isn't he the guy that was supposed to be on £40k a week at 'borough
  • Options
    Not worth the wages. Never scored for Australia, fact. Millwall are assembling a very good squad, it's either a very good season or an implausible meltdown. Personally if Lomas reckons Mick Harford is a league coach then he's probably in trouble. We'll see, but reckon even an average season for them, will result in Berylson re-assesing their ten million loss this season.
  • Options
    Apparently he was on 30k a week since his move from Celtic. Pretty ridiculous and I'd be surprised if we're prepared to offer any of these unattached players more than 3/4k a week.
  • Options
    Was on 30k at Boro, I believe it is now half that at Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a bargain
  • Options
    Fuller was on £12K (i was told) and that was to much for us.
  • Options
    can't believe Millwall are paying anyone £15k a week
  • Options

can't believe Millwall are paying anyone £15k a week

nor me ...seems very unlikely
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Not worth the wages. Never scored for Australia, fact. Millwall are assembling a very good squad, it's either a very good season or an implausible meltdown. Personally if Lomas reckons Mick Harford is a league coach then he's probably in trouble. We'll see, but reckon even an average season for them, will result in Berylson re-assesing their ten million loss this season.

I met Harford years ago at the valley when he brought along the Wimbledon reserves. He was then the manager of that team. We got chatting about football. He is a VERY knowledgeable man about the game and his appreciation of 'the finer points' belied his reputation as a rough tough broken nosed thuggish centre forward.
    He'll keep the Millwall players on their toes alright and perhaps teach them a thing or two.
  • Options
    We was paying Henderson £16k a week last season so paying £15k a week for Morison & McDonald doesn't seen too bad!

What you all need to know is that our chairman has been preparing for the FFP for the last 2 years & apart from Henderson our average wage is £4k a week.

All players we've signed we're free so what you save in transfer fees you can make up with bigger wages.

Also no player has been handed longer than a 2 year deal.

Hopefully no repeat of the tail end of last season.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

ColinTat said:

I met Harford years ago at the valley when he brought along the Wimbledon reserves. He was then the manager of that team. We got chatting about football. He is a VERY knowledgeable man about the game and his appreciation of 'the finer points' belied his reputation as a rough tough broken nosed thuggish centre forward.
    He'll keep the Millwall players on their toes alright and perhaps teach them a thing or two.
    Similar to Dowie then Lincs.............I'll get my coat :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ColinTat said:

Similar to Dowie then Lincs.............I'll get my coat :-)
    Never met Dowie so I can't comment
  • Options
    Boro fans that I have spoken to were not impressed with McDonald at all - and remember this isn't a fantastic Boro team we're talking about. I don't think we've particularly missed out here.
  • Options

Boro fans that I have spoken to were not impressed with McDonald at all - and remember this isn't a fantastic Boro team we're talking about. I don't think we've particularly missed out here.

But alot of them have also said that they never played to his strengths.

With the World Cup next year, hopefully he'll be looking to impress.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morison will be the stronger player for you, I've no doubt about that.
  • Options
    Their strikerforce certainly looks a lot better than ours.

Morison, McDonald, Keogh and Easter.
  • Options
    * strikeforce
  • Options
    Quality signing for them in fairness.
  • Options
    I would chuffed if we signed him.
  • Options
    We are chuffed.

Think N'Guessan will leave now, if you want him we'll drop him off?
  • Options
    I wonder if all those who announced that they wouldn't be going to a game whilst that "West ham c*nt is in charge" will be having second thoughts now they've seen some of his pretty decent signings
  • Options
    Ex West Ham player as our manager, not ideal but they have an ex Millwall player as theirs, ironic I suppose.

Our chairman knows what sort of manager we need & I believe he has found the right man, West Ham c#*t or not.

He plays fast, attacking football so hopefully he's management skills can live up to the quality of hes signings.
  • Options

I wonder if all those who announced that they wouldn't be going to a game whilst that "West ham c*nt is in charge" will be having second thoughts now they've seen some of his pretty decent signings

Reckon they'll average 7,500 this season and good on em.
  • Options
    Scratching my head at some of these signings, not quite sure how we've pulled them off. Could work out very well this year or if it all goes tits up we'll be in trouble with some big earners!