Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Mcdonald.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Couple of blokes having a fight out of what 31000 that day!!, it's people like you lot that try & tarnish the whole club.

We wernt the naughty little boys letting off flares at the den last season was we.
  • Options
    Thats it, jmp, its everyone elses fault. That should be the millwall motto
  • Options

jakecafc said:

Yeah cos all 7000 fans make a lot of noise in the den don't they..all jkust 16-20 year olds living off the Millwall name it's pathetic.

Where does the 7,000 number come from? Average was about 10k, taking off away fans makes it 9k. & all these are 16-20 year olds?

The atmosphere certainly isn't as good as it was in years gone by, but have you travelled the country following Charlton? Most other grounds are woeful. Opposition fans still comment regularly on our decent atmosphere home & away, we may not take the biggest numbers but it's silly to suggest we like many others.

You also forget that to create a good atmosphere it needs a bit of spark from the opposition fans. You generally don't provide that so it's no surprise our games never have a great atmosphere. For instance at The Valley, barely any of you sit in any of the blocks close to the away end. Your primary atmosphere is created in the opposite stand where away fans can barely see you, let alone hear you. It hardly creates an opportunity for a decent noise.
    Yeah that's true we need more fans in the East close to the away fans as the North Uppers noise travels out of the ground, but also I think Charlton are always loud whenever we go away.
  • Options

Zzzzzzz boring now mate.

Like I said I'm only on here as I googled "Millwall" & it's keeps bringing me here.
  • Options
    JMP said:

M

JMP said:

Mate I'd take the den & bermondsey over that soulless place you call the valley.

More atmosphere in an air tight container

I would say that most Charlton know how bad the atmosphere is at the valley.

its hilarious that millwall fans still think the den is tough to go to. Very, very quiet last season. Yet you lot still delude yourself that you are noisey. When are you noisey?

Trust me, JMP, the only people who take millwall seriously are millwall fans. The rest are just amused or disgusted by your behaviour.
    Mate, no one like us, we don't care.

We are the biggest small club in the world & EVERYBODY knows us.

Anyway no need to all get mean & nasty I'm only here because the abundance of Millwall related threads.

As you were.

I've heard this said by a couple of Millwall fans before but what does it even mean as from what i can tell you're not even the biggest small club in london. What exactly is your criteria for this category?
  • Options
    JMP said:

Zzzzzzz boring now mate.

Like I said I'm only on here as I googled "Millwall" & it's keeps bringing me here.
    Can give and start the banter but can't take it.
  • Options

JMP said:

Zzzzzzz boring now mate.

Can give and start the banter but can't take it.
    Why can't I?

I'm here in peace, mean no offence, just having a read of the latest Millwall news.
  • Options
    Is this JMP chap the fella who wrote in the newshopper trying to slip his way back in on a new ipad or something

Let's face it I've been to a squillion derbies v the scum and I'd say there's been so many idiots that follow them spoiling for trouble at most of those games no matter what the result and this is fact

And not in any other club fixture v Charlton does this sort of agg occur as frequently

I have plenty of millwall fan mates who have given up on going down there cos of the vermine that follows them and yes charlton do have vermine support but percentage wise we're not in your league
    And I also know plenty of millwall fans who still go and they're some of the nicest people you could know but had millwall inflicted on them by their fathers

As quoted by someone else millwall are our cunt filter but some do slip through
  • Options

As quoted by someone else millwall are our cunt filter but some do slip through

I believe it was "Scum" filter but I prefer the way you worded it.
  • Options
    I leave words like "scum" for nonses & child killers.... Not football supporters.

Sad, sad people.

I was having some good banter until you started getting uptight.

Terrible thing jealousy, I wouldn't mind but its only a few free players & you'll hopefully have Hulse signed up soon.

Cheerio
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An answer would be nice JMP...................
  • Options
    Millwalll's Signings sound good but the manager could be out by Christmas , if they don't start the season well.
  • Options
    JMP said:

I leave words like "scum" for nonses & child killers.... Not football supporters.

Sad, sad people.

I was having some good banter until you started getting uptight.

Terrible thing jealousy, I wouldn't mind but its only a few free players & you'll hopefully have Hulse signed up soon.

Cheerio

No doubt you will be back.
  • Options
    JMP I hope the scum jibe was not addressed to you. Without warranting it, scum is a wee bit too strong - please note I'm not criticising anyone atm.

Scum or pond life are at every football club, and personally I've been most welcome at Millwall matches though I don't sit in the hotbed seats. There is however a larger element of fans who are pathologically critical above almost any fans I've ever met. Misguided violence is fairly often meted out to fellow fans who transgress against the pitch invasion rules. Morons can be found everywhere we have a fair few at Charlton. I always looked forward going to the New Den when Jackett was there. I hope Lomas does well, it's interesting acquisitions, if a little to one sided towards mature pros way below their best forms.
  • Options

JMP said:

M

JMP said:

Mate I'd take the den & bermondsey over that soulless place you call the valley.

More atmosphere in an air tight container

I would say that most Charlton know how bad the atmosphere is at the valley.

its hilarious that millwall fans still think the den is tough to go to. Very, very quiet last season. Yet you lot still delude yourself that you are noisey. When are you noisey?

Trust me, JMP, the only people who take millwall seriously are millwall fans. The rest are just amused or disgusted by your behaviour.
    Mate, no one like us, we don't care.

We are the biggest small club in the world & EVERYBODY knows us.

Anyway no need to all get mean & nasty I'm only here because the abundance of Millwall related threads.

As you were.

I've heard this said by a couple of Millwall fans before but what does it even mean as from what i can tell you're not even the biggest small club in london. What exactly is your criteria for this category?
    It's based on our worldwide infamy, much more known around the world than any other comparable club, primarily due to our actions off the pitch. But we get mentioned, referenced, quoted, featured etc in many more articles, films etc than any other club our size. Generally tongue in cheek but quite amusing when Muirfield gets compared to Millwall or no one likes us is used in political columns or voted as one of the top 20 slogans of all time by a media & marketing magazine.
  • Options
    JMP said:

On paper we have a better squad, but you have better strikers at the moment.

I'm not sure about that at all. If you were to pick a matchday squad I'd say it'd be a fairly equal split between the two.

I'd take Solly, Kerm and Jackson as definites, but surely Forde, Shittu & Lowry would take the other positions, other centre half up for grabs.

Midfield would include Jackson, but Henry would take right midfield...probably argue the rest of the midfield.

Morison & Kerm up front?

Trotter when fit & in the right position is definatly better.

Going by last seasons squad & not the recent signings.

Forde
    Shittu.
    Beevers.
    Shane "the 35 yarder" Lowry.
    Henry.
    Trotter.
    What do you prefer...up to Shittu or into Beevers?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Has he gone? Missing him already...
  • Options
    wtf is this thread on a CAFC site