Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Mcdonald.

Comments

• Options
    Jesus JMP, Decent Wall' fans to exist then :P ?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, cracking signings fella.
    Reckon you'll get promotion.....
  • Options

We Millwall are all decent!

Just difference in opinion, we like pie & mash and signing at games whereas you like train spotting & bringing a packed lunch!
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Oh yeah, cracking signings fella.
    Reckon you'll get promotion.....

I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post Jarman?
  • Options
    JMP said:

Just difference in opinion, we like pie & mash and signing at games whereas you like train spotting & bringing a packed lunch!
    And we like blankets when it gets à bit chilly.
  • Options

JMP said:

And we like blankets when it gets à bit chilly.
    Sorry forgot about that
  • Options
    It should still be quite warm when we play you so might not need the horrible cardigan. If it rains then i will get the anorak out.
  • Options
    JMP said:

Oi, oi! Cheeky! I'm more of a bus-spotter than a train-spotter, meself.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Scratching my head at some of these signings, not quite sure how we've pulled them off. Could work out very well this year or if it all goes tits up we'll be in trouble with some big earners!

You've done okay with the signings for Millwall but Bywater was our reserve keeper, Chaplow is always injured, Bailey and Macdonald jury will and should be out on both of them and they couldn't wait to get rid of them at Boro', makes you wonder really, Leeds fan said Morison was just woeful for them and Martin has seen better days, don't know about Easter.

Like I said you've done well for Millwall.

• Options
    Millwall are signing players from teams that finished below us apart from Chaplow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Millwall are signing players from teams that finished below us apart from Chaplow!

Did chaplow get a game last season?

• Options

Did chaplow get a game last season?

According to Wiki, he made 6 apps for the Saints last season, 3 of which were in the League Cup. Also, 4 apps on loan for the Spanners.

• Options
    Chaplow played against us at the Valley i think
  • Options
    Personally JMP on paper I think there's some very good signings there. Having said that every single one of them will be way over 4 grand a week. It's a massive outlay and must be a good 3 plus million loss straight on wages and signing costs: prob a lot more. Add that to your already yearly debt of around 5 million in your 2012 results, that's nowhere near FFP.

It is the usual narrative of excellent manager who operated without this finance, replaced by a novice in their league who get's more than the previous ever saw. Berrylson supported Jackett, and seemed always willing to make that extra loan signing or indeed get Henderson: though I was told Sheffield United paid a fair bit of his wages in the first season.

Much as I like the signings on paper, I don't think I'd make any of them bar Morrison on loan. They have all proven themselves to be either not championship players in the case of Easter, or players who are nowhere near the quality of the transfer fee and wages previously paid for them. One or two players like that added to your squad, but I'd rather see the Mkandawire's, Taylor's, Lowry's, Kane's and Wood's signings along with a few champ veterans. Harford as a manager has never performed beyond the capability of his teams, and Lomas is an unknown in English football. Hopefully for you Lomas has some talent.
  • Options
    Easter is not a good player at this level. I genuinely would not want him, even in our current situation. I'd rather play any of our kids, including the under 9s
  • Options
    He's barely reliable in league one, and on the pitch an awful man: fair enough if off the pitch he's a nice guy. It's a tragedy that someone like that get's paid a couple of hundred grand a year.
  • Options

Scratching my head at some of these signings, not quite sure how we've pulled them off. Could work out very well this year or if it all goes tits up we'll be in trouble with some big earners!

You've done okay with the signings for Millwall but Bywater was our reserve keeper, Chaplow is always injured, Bailey and Macdonald jury will and should be out on both of them and they couldn't wait to get rid of them at Boro', makes you wonder really, Leeds fan said Morison was just woeful for them and Martin has seen better days, don't know about Easter.

Bywater is our reserve goalkeeper (I think he's useless)

Martin I have no idea about, not sure about that signing as Malone is looking better in pre-season, Feeney is improving and Henry is one of the better wide men in the division.

Chaplow is a risk injury wise, but if it pays off he is a decent player.

Quite a few 'Boro seem to be gutted with McDonald leaving. He certainly has a better pedigree than many of our other strikers, so it's an improvement.

Morison never wanted to be at Leeds in the first place, he's scored goals at this level with us before, good signing I think.

I think Bailey has been signed a few years too late, but we need his type in the middle.

They are the sort of signings we don't normally make, so as you say, it's good for us.
  • Options
    Bailey
    morison
    chaplow
    McDonald .

Good signings imo
  • Options
    Easter is hard working & a general pest. Never a 20 goal striker but a good back up for Keogh.
  • Options

Made their first goal :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bailey
    morison
    chaplow
    McDonald .

Good signings imo

Ours are may be better.
  • Options

Made their first goal :-(
    Which Easter finished...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Morison and McDonald, a very good Championship pairing, BUT I'd rather have Yann and Fuller for another season IMHO.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Morison and McDonald, a very good Championship pairing, BUT I'd rather have Yann and Fuller for another season IMHO.

There probably isn't much in it when all fully fit.
  • Options

I think I'd actually have money on that!!
  • Options

Bywater is our reserve goalkeeper (I think he's useless)

Martin I have no idea about, not sure about that signing as Malone is looking better in pre-season, Feeney is improving and Henry is one of the better wide men in the division.

Chaplow is a risk injury wise, but if it pays off he is a decent player.

Quite a few 'Boro seem to be gutted with McDonald leaving. He certainly has a better pedigree than many of our other strikers, so it's an improvement.

Morison never wanted to be at Leeds in the first place, he's scored goals at this level with us before, good signing I think.

I think Bailey has been signed a few years too late, but we need his type in the middle.

They are the sort of signings we don't normally make, so as you say, it's good for us.
    Fair assessment from Sparrows

Sadly I think we'll be recllaiming the South London wooden spoon from them next season
  • Options
    JMP said:

I think I'd actually have money on that!!
    Money on what?
  • Options
    That their strike force of McDonald and Morison would be better than Yann and Fuller when fully fit. The players they've signed played for teams that finished below us. Millwall had to strengthen and it's normal for a new manager to come in and be backed with a bit of cash. I'm not to worried about them. Funny how a lot of their fans have changed their views about secret agent Lomas because of his signings...
  • Options
    So would you be happy if you was told your new manager was Dougie Freedman?

Would you fuck.

It's taken time to warm to Lomas but he's honest & too the point which goes down well.

Yes he's signed some good players but he will be judged on results so were not getting to carried away yet.

I am certain that.

1: we will take 4-6 points from you this season.

2: Finish above you (not that I really care about that)

And

3: that Morison & McDonald will score more goals than Fuller IF you resign out of desperation & that kermit geezer.

You know as well as I do that if the Chris Wood situation had gone our way we would have not been anywhere near the bottom last season.
  • Options
    Could turn that the other way though and say if you hadn't got Chris Wood on loan you'd have gone down

But yes we definitely would not be happy if Freedman was our manager!