Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Mcdonald.

Comments

• Options
    Taken time to warm to Lomas.. he's been there a month. You Millwall fans are full of shit honestly, remind me how many goals Ronald McDonald scored last season? We'll see when we play you but it's a marathon not a sprint and I'd be a lot happier finishing 9th than 20th.. you finished 2 points above relegation we finished a win off the play offs.
  • Options

Could turn that the other way though and say if you hadn't got Chris Wood on loan you'd have gone down

But yes we definitely would not be happy if Freedman was our manager!

Maybe we could have gone down but I'm sure KJ had someone else lined up if he failed to sign Wood.

Injuries played a big part to the downfall as the whole team up to December had found form, especially during our 13 game unbeaten run.

Also the fact they fucked Henderson of for feigning injury.
  • Options
    We had loads of injuries too.. not just you what's your next excuse then?
  • Options
    jakecafc said:

We had loads of injuries too.. not just you what's your next excuse then?

Not an excuse, merely giving my thoughts as to why we finished were we did.

• Options
    B
    JMP said:

Could turn that the other way though and say if you hadn't got Chris Wood on loan you'd have gone down

But yes we definitely would not be happy if Freedman was our manager!

Maybe we could have gone down but I'm sure KJ had someone else lined up if he failed to sign Wood.
    Yeah: Rob Hulse.

;-)
  • Options
    JMP said:

Jesus JMP, Decent Wall' fans to exist then :P ?

We Millwall are all decent!

Just difference in opinion, we like pie & mash and signing at games whereas you like train spotting & bringing a packed lunch!
    He's obviously not tasted our catering has he!

Do you have to do signing cos you're all deaf then?
  • Options
    jakecafc said:

Taken time to warm to Lomas.. he's been there a month. You Millwall fans are full of shit honestly, remind me how many goals Ronald McDonald scored last season? We'll see when we play you but it's a marathon not a sprint and I'd be a lot happier finishing 9th than 20th.. you finished 2 points above relegation we finished a win off the play offs.

Personally think that many fans are getting a bit carried away with these signings. None have had an impressive last 12 months. On form previous to that they look very good players for us and after the past few seasons with little direction Lomas seems to have given us a bit of drive & purpose.

I've supported us too long to get overexcited and would rather approach the season with caution and see where we are in 3 months before getting carried away!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    JMP said:

So would you be happy if you was told your new manager was Dougie Freedman?

Would you fuck.

It's taken time to warm to Lomas but he's honest & too the point which goes down well.

Yes he's signed some good players but he will be judged on results so were not getting to carried away yet.

I am certain that.

1: we will take 4-6 points from you this season.

2: Finish above you (not that I really care about that)

And

3: that Morison & McDonald will score more goals than Fuller IF you resign out of desperation & that kermit geezer.

You know as well as I do that if the Chris Wood situation had gone our way we would have not been anywhere near the bottom last season.

1) Probably
    2) Maybe (Don't kid yourself that we aren't a big game for you)
    3) Maybe, and as for that Kermit geezer, I'd rather have him that either of your forwards.
  • Options
    Scott Macdonalds & Morrison are a good pair up front and should do well, possibly score more then Kermo & whoever who knows, depends if the other pulls their weight. Kermo is better then both of your signings, regardless whether they outscore him...

Other signings dont look too bad and if they work well together well done you, but its all if's and buts its still far too early even though we have a weekish left

On paper we have a better squad, but you have better strikers at the moment. If we were not to sign anyone it wouldn't suprise me if we were both 10-14th, but if we do make a couple of signings we should be looking for playoffs

Shame Scumwall didn't get relegated last season, but i do feel you are being a tad optimistic thinking that Millwall will get 4-6 points against us this year (although most years its the case) and finish above us etc, bottom line is as has been said we were 3 points of playoffs, you less to get relagated so you are playnig catch up
  • Options
    JMP said:

So would you be happy if you was told your new manager was Dougie Freedman?

Would you fuck.

It's taken time to warm to Lomas but he's honest & too the point which goes down well.

Yes he's signed some good players but he will be judged on results so were not getting to carried away yet.

I am certain that.

1: we will take 4-6 points from you this season.

2: Finish above you (not that I really care about that)

And

3: that Morison & McDonald will score more goals than Fuller IF you resign out of desperation & that kermit geezer.

You know as well as I do that if the Chris Wood situation had gone our way we would have not been anywhere near the bottom last season.

The fact you call him "that kermit geezer" shows that you have a total lack of knowledge in this debate.

I would of been happy with the signings you made but don't get out of your little deluded millwall pram about how good you are. We finished a long way further up the table to you last season so its actually more a case of little old millwall trying to catch up with its PROVEN (over 46 games) better neighbours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Scumwall" why do some people have to lower the tone.

And as for you having a better team on paper...... Na, no way.

As for that Kermit bloke, strikers are judged on 1 thing. Goals.

We needed fresh ideas in our team more than anything & hopefully that's what Lomas will bring.

Makes me laugh.... I remember your boys at the Den last season, spoilers just ruined a local derby by staying in there own half couldn't string a pass.
  • Options
    I have to smile every time I'm on the train going up to London Bridge. In Bermondsey, you pass the waste processing plant that is emblazoned with a banner proclaiming "Recycling London's Rubbish". And then, immediately next to it, is the Spanners' ground. Says it all, really.
  • Options
    Mate I'd take the den & bermondsey over that soulless place you call the valley.

More atmosphere in an air tight container
  • Options
    Yeah cos all 7000 fans make a lot of noise in the den don't they..all jkust 16-20 year olds living off the Millwall name it's pathetic.
  • Options
    JMP said:

Mate I'd take the den & bermondsey over that soulless place you call the valley.

I would say that most Charlton know how bad the atmosphere is at the valley.

its hilarious that millwall fans still think the den is tough to go to. Very, very quiet last season. Yet you lot still delude yourself that you are noisey. When are you noisey?

Trust me, JMP, the only people who take millwall seriously are millwall fans. The rest are just amused or disgusted by your behaviour.
  • Options
    I like Pie & Mash and singing at games......does that make me a Millwall wannabe then? Also atmosphere? Wow when I've been to the Den the only noise I hear is Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, did you forget the rest of the team name? It's boring, and that certainly isn't an atmosphere!
  • Options
    Our ground is soulless?
    Is that because we don't have as many teenager from Sidcup giving cut throat gestures as you do? What a shame.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:

Yeah cos all 7000 fans make a lot of noise in the den don't they..all jkust 16-20 year olds living off the Millwall name it's pathetic.

Mate our 7000 would out sing 26000 happy clappers.

Don't need numbers to create an atmosphere.

Its All them day trippers from Kent that keep your numbers up anyway.
  • Options
    M

JMP said:

its hilarious that millwall fans still think the den is tough to go to. Very, very quiet last season. Yet you lot still delude yourself that you are noisey. When are you noisey?

Trust me, JMP, the only people who take millwall seriously are millwall fans. The rest are just amused or disgusted by your behaviour.
    Mate, no one like us, we don't care.

We are the biggest small club in the world & EVERYBODY knows us.

Anyway no need to all get mean & nasty I'm only here because the abundance of Millwall related threads.

As you were.
  • Options
    You need our happy clappers to fill your ground JMP, remember you only fill the place when we're present, bless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    JMP said : 'Makes me laugh.... I remember your boys at the Den last season, spoilers just ruined a local derby by staying in there own half couldn't string a pass'

you are right there
  • Options
    That's all your fans ever say about people from Kent. Might have been in the Prem not now we regularly get 18000 you sell out once in the whole year and remind me again who that was against? Oh yeah your 'trainspotting' neighbours.
  • Options

On paper we have a better squad, but you have better strikers at the moment.

I'm not sure about that at all. If you were to pick a matchday squad I'd say it'd be a fairly equal split between the two.

I'd take Solly, Kerm and Jackson as definites, but surely Forde, Shittu & Lowry would take the other positions, other centre half up for grabs.

Midfield would include Jackson, but Henry would take right midfield...probably argue the rest of the midfield.

Morison & Kerm up front?

• Options
    JMP said:

M

JMP said:

Anyway no need to all get mean & nasty I'm only here because the abundance of Millwall related threads.

As you were.
    that they do

• Options

I'm not sure about that at all. If you were to pick a matchday squad I'd say it'd be a fairly equal split between the two.

I'd take Solly, Kerm and Jackson as definites, but surely Forde, Shittu & Lowry would take the other positions, other centre half up for grabs.

Midfield would include Jackson, but Henry would take right midfield...probably argue the rest of the midfield.

Morison & Kerm up front?

I'd agree with you a lot on that Sparrows. I think Harriott our centre back Morrison and Wiggins would definitely be in the team though. Probably an equal split.
  • Options

Morison & Kerm up front?

Forde, Shittu, Henry, Trotter maybe, one of Morison and McDonald
  • Options
    JMP said:

M

JMP said:

As you were.
    Ha ha ha ha. Another hilarious millwall doughnut surfaces.
  • Options

Morison & Kerm up front?

Trotter when fit & in the right position is definatly better.

Going by last seasons squad & not the recent signings.

Forde
    Shittu.
    Beevers.
    Shane "the 35 yarder" Lowry.
    Henry.
    Trotter.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:

Where does the 7,000 number come from? Average was about 10k, taking off away fans makes it 9k. & all these are 16-20 year olds?

The atmosphere certainly isn't as good as it was in years gone by, but have you travelled the country following Charlton? Most other grounds are woeful. Opposition fans still comment regularly on our decent atmosphere home & away, we may not take the biggest numbers but it's silly to suggest we like many others.

You also forget that to create a good atmosphere it needs a bit of spark from the opposition fans. You generally don't provide that so it's no surprise our games never have a great atmosphere. For instance at The Valley, barely any of you sit in any of the blocks close to the away end. Your primary atmosphere is created in the opposite stand where away fans can barely see you, let alone hear you. It hardly creates an opportunity for a decent noise.
  • Options
    Strange that as I'll bet I've been to the New Den more times than you've ever looked at the Valley, whenever I go the atmosphere is pathetic for 9 out of 10 matches..... unless of course a middle aged Millwall moron takes exception to a youthful yoik running on the pitch and get's excited enough to whack him round the head. When I went to the Old Den I grant you the atmosphere was often charged.

The New Den's atmosphere flys out the chocolate box uniform tiers without troubling the opposition fans in their upper tier. I do hear copious amounts of moronic fans turning on their own players, such as Henry when his form is average; notwithstanding that his crossing is one of your most dangerous weapons regardless of form. Of course you do get very excited when a ginger, or fey blonde haired player turns up stirring your cliched unique toddler tantrums.

Considering the point of a well designed ground is to keep the atmosphere in, your analogy of an air tight container is a good one, if your asinine logic fails you. The Valley is asymmetric, and keeps the angles of the original ground. The seating is excellent in the corners, and the viewing angles much better than the New Den. Yes with the expansion in fan numbers during the Prem years a lot of atmosphere was lost. But frankly the atmosphere in big games absolutely blows away anything Millwall are capable: the Swindon play off semi-final was full of decibels and passion, and regardless of the score 90%+ was positive, something Millwall find difficult to achieve. You are able to pressure cook yourselves into a lather, in your micro-climates of stupidity, with your much loved inter moronic-rivalry.

Personally I enjoyed going to The New Den under Jackett, which when he got it right was some of the most invigorating lower league football I've seen. The only thing I've seen change quicker than your form after a judicious loan signing, was your fickle fans bickering at their own players. I think I've heard the most uniformed home player focused moaning at Millwall, more for me than anywhere in the country. Hardly what you could call atmosphere.