Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller

Comments

• Options
    Very disappointed if he doesnt come back. He offered something very few players can in this division.
  • Options
    Looks like a done deal to Blackpool as others have said very disappointing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2390605/Blackpool-keen-snapping-Ricardo-Fuller.html

Blackpool keen on snapping up Fuller after former Stoke striker undergoes medical

Blackpool are in talks over a deal for former Stoke City striker Ricardo Fuller.
    The 33-year-old had a medical yesterday ahead of discussing a one year deal with an option of an extra year.

Fuller scored five goals in 31 games for Charlton last season, and has won 77 caps for Jamaica.
    He left Stoke on a free transfer last summer after six years of service for the Potters, scoring 50 goals.

• Options
    the bracing sea air will aid ol' Ric's fitness regime .. all the best to him .. EXCEPT against us
  • Options
    revered at Stoke but his goalscoring record there was hardly amazing. Easily pleased I suppose ;-)
  • Options
    It's a shame but he's now a year older and more fragile so best to move on.
  • Options
    Can understand why we haven't been able to resign him, but his departure leaves our squad without a player capable of producing something from nothing. Not just about the goals, but the impact he has on opposition defenders who have to remain wary at all times.

Harriott is the closest player we have to providing that, but it's a lot of pressure to have on one inexperienced player.

• Options
    Can just imagine us needing points in last game of season v Blackpool away...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Probably the reason the Obika story came up on Sky Sports yesterday, Powell would've known Fuller wasn't coming back, shame as he is a big impact player when he's on his game and it's something we'll miss
  • Options
    Fuller is quality and you need to look beyond the number of goals he scored. He made things happen and the ball often seemed glued to his foot such was his control. In addition, the extent of his injuries is exaggerated. He played 31 games and was often not selected when fit including the final game of the season. I think it's already clear how much we miss him. I'm sure if money wasn't a problem Chris Powell would have signed him up again well before the end of last season.
  • Options

Don't

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil said:

Fuller is quality and you need to look beyond the number of goals he scored. He made things happen and the ball often seemed glued to his foot such was his control. In addition, the extent of his injuries is exaggerated. He played 31 games and was often not selected when fit including the final game of the season. I think it's already clear how much we miss him. I'm sure if money wasn't a problem Chris Powell would have signed him up again well before the end of last season.

Good point, did not realise he had played 31 games.
  • Options
    Just to add to what Phil said, he worried opposition defences just by being on the pitch. I don't think we have anyone now who would have that effect. It's not easy to evaluate objectively what bearing that had on any particular game, but it did make a difference.
  • Options
    Big loss for us I think. Money talks.
  • Options
    5 goals in 31 games is well poor imo.i think sordell or chuch will score more than 5 in less than 15 games.i rather obika than fuller.fuller was a good footballer in his day but came to us a season to late.plus i love the obika song
  • Options
    So you think Sordell or Church will get nigh on 20 this season? With our midfield supplying them I doubt it - though if they did, it should go a long way to helping us safe.

Need to get the goals from somewhere, as have a feeling that Jacko will struggle to have the same impact this season.
  • Options
    I personally think that we will miss fuller more than what people think. Ok, he wasn't everyones cup of tea but every time he got the ball it did create panic within the opposition, especially when in the penalty area
  • Options
    Fuller was one of those players who would get half of his goals without too much midfield contribution. The goals against Barnsley, Peterborough, Ipswich, Palace for example.

He is a one man wrecking machine on his day. When he has it at his feet and he is driving at defences, he would always be favourite to come away with the ball.

I genuinely think we have slipped up here by not signing him. If it had been a matter of sacrificing one of Sordell, Church or Gower (probably Gower) to get him in then we should have done it IMO.
  • Options

So you think Sordell or Church will get nigh on 20 this season? With our midfield supplying them I doubt it - though if they did, it should go a long way to helping us safe.

Need to get the goals from somewhere, as have a feeling that Jacko will struggle to have the same impact this season.

Doubt they will get 20 between them.

• Options
    Of those 31 quite a few were subs and he played alone upfront when Yann & Dan were injured. As others have said his presence worried the bejesuz out of defenders and made space for midfielders to get in on goal.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Fuller was one of those players who would get half of his goals without too much midfield contribution. The goals against Barnsley, Peterborough, Ipswich, Palace for example.

He is a one man wrecking machine on his day. When he has it at his feet and he is driving at defences, he would always be favourite to come away with the ball.

I genuinely think we have slipped up here by not signing him. If it had been a matter of sacrificing one of Sordell, Church or Gower (probably Gower) to get him in then we should have done it IMO.

Agree with most of what you say about Fuller .. I think (or rather I guess) that it is just a question of money and, to a lesser extent, his fitness for a full season .. Fuller is possibly the type of man who would sooner not play than sell his services for less than what he perceives as his own worth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013

True, can just see him scoring and us missing out on winning the title. still second place finish would be reasonable I guess.
  • Options

True, can just see him scoring and us missing out on winning the title. still second place finish would be reasonable I guess.
    It's Blackpool, not Carlisle. ;-)
  • Options
    Having a medical at Blackpool.
  • Options
    AlexC said:

Ince n Fuller out on the town .. the beast n the boss !!!
  • Options
    AlexC said:

Good luck with that AlexC.
    ;-)

• Options
    Phil said:

Strongly agree. Several notches higher than anyone in the current squad in terms of quality, experience and impact.

Will be sorely missed.

• Options
    If he was on anything like what I've read then we probably couldn't afford him even if we released three players. Remember that we heard, recently, that the signing of Church and Sordell was to be funded from the sale of one occur best players. If that is the case we might not have had the money to keep Fuller (when he can command what Blackpool are going to pay him) even if we wanted to.
  • Options
    @SkySportsPeteO: Blackpool have confirmed the signing of Jamaica international striker Ricardo Fuller. #BFC #CAFC
  • Options
    I'd have rather kept him than signed any of the others but never mind..
  • Options

Not happy about this although this section of his after signing interview interested me.

"I'm looking forward to playing as soon as I'm fit enough, or as soon as the manager sees me as ready enough to do my part."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8871753/transfer-news-blackpool-sign-striker-ricardo-fuller