Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:

Not happy about this although this section of his after signing interview interested me.

"I'm looking forward to playing as soon as I'm fit enough, or as soon as the manager sees me as ready enough to do my part."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8871753/transfer-news-blackpool-sign-striker-ricardo-fuller

perhaps ... sometimes ... maybe ... never
  • Options
    Well he's not had a pre-season anywhere.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. I wished we could of keeped him but life goes on i guess thanks for some greats goals
  • Options
    sorry lads, but I for one am glad he is gone,didnt do enough for me,and wages miles to high
  • Options
    doronron said:

sorry lads, but I for one am glad he is gone,didnt do enough for me

I know what you mean, I asked him to cut my grass on several occasions but he never bothered doing it. Good riddance to the lazy git.

• Options
    doronron said:

sorry lads, but I for one am glad he is gone,didnt do enough for me,and wages miles to high

I agree

• Options
    Would have

doronron said:

sorry lads, but I for one am glad he is gone,didnt do enough for me

I know what you mean, I asked him to cut my grass on several occasions but he never bothered doing it. Good riddance to the lazy git.

Haha, quality!
  • Options
    I was quite glad to see him arrive here, but it seems quite a few Pool fans don't agree with me. Am happy to wait and see how he does. Apparently the legend that is Gary Taylor Fletcher has been training at Sparrows Lane? Now that would be an interesting move...
  • Options
    He scored 1 Amazing goal against Peterborough and thats All I will remember him for, Don't rate him at all.
  • Options
    Good luck Ric and thanks for the memories especially the cracker at home to Posh last year and the great solo effort away at Palarse which I had the pleasure to witness, shame we never done them that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to him for carrying on still, that level he must be paying his own subs ! 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Fair play to him for carrying on still, that level he must be paying his own subs ! 
    Blimey that is impressive - paying someone every game to come on for you!
  • Options
    The goal against Peterborough will always stand out for me, just came from absolutely nowhere.
  • Options
    Fair play, obviously just loves playing football
  • Options
    Nice to see him playing just for the love of the game
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Who remembers the cracker he scored and him doing his hamstring in the process?
    Think that was Danny Haynes who done that.
    Actually you might be right, was it against Peterborough?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Haynes one was against Derby, I think. IIRC Peterborough were well on top and Fuller pulled out an absolute worldy out of nowhere. I think Yann also scored in that game.
  • Options
    Yes, they were killing us and it was a reminder of the value of players who can shoot from range to get you out of jail.
  • Options
    Danny Haynes one was against Derby, I think. IIRC Peterborough were well on top and Fuller pulled out an absolute worldy out of nowhere. I think Yann also scored in that game.
    My favourite part of that game was it was the match where Yann was coming back from a broken ankle so Powell didn't want to start him. After half time Yann started warming up right next to Powell, like you used to do when you were a kid to show your Sunday league manager you wanted on. Absolutely hilarious.
  • Options
    Resurrection of a thread 7 years after the previous post. Is this a record?

• Options
    Signing a contract in what from the carpets looks like the local Wetherspoons. Proper football that. 
  • Options
    Nothing but respect for the journeyman that had their day at the top but still carry on playing till the legs pack up.  (I mean, there’s probably a few that do it cos they’re skint, but generally I doubt it.)
  • Options
    Weren’t it just before the millwall game that season, which makes sense cos we’ve never ever had a full strength attack against them.
  • Options
    I remember him playing a blinder as a triallist in the reserves at Welling, and we couldn't afford to sign him.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hal1x said:
    I remember him playing a blinder as a triallist in the reserves at Welling, and we couldn't afford to sign him.

Is that the reason we didn't sign him? I seem to recall a question mark following a medical about his back being a bit fragile.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Hal1x said:

Is that the treason we didn't sign him? I seem to recall a question mark following a medical about his back being a bit fragile.
    that's right! Forgot that