Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cyclists on the road

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Its worse when there's a big group, say 16-20 riders or more on a country lane when they leave no space for cars to pull into when overtaking.

Quite a few of these larger groups around epping and they can be a right pain because to get past you might have to do it in stages and as you state above some of the dickhead cyclists won't leave a gap for you to pull into and get all irate when you "have" to pull in cos you can't see round bends when they are 30-40 handed
    But also sometimes the dickhead car driver coming the other way can get tighter to the kerb as well to give us overtaking the cyclists a bit more room
    That's the problem with leaving the house , there are people in the outside world and some of em are just keyunts

Tour de France coming our way next year apparently
  • Options

Quite possible that his bike got nicked! Happened to a mate of mine last week - got to the station from work to find some c*** had nicked his bike. 85 quid lock destroyed, probably by liquid nitrogen or frozen air, bike gone. CCTV camera not working either.

But what was he doing with the shopping bag before his bike was nicked? Towing it?

• Options
    Late to this...

Always wear a crash helmet - got knocked off by a car 2 years ago now - it drove straight through the back of me near Grove Park, I went over her roof and off the back of the car, bicycle was attached to the front of her car as she carried on up the road..almost funny now. Landed on my arse, quickly followed by the back of my head (yes, I got severe whiplash - was lucky, paramedics thought I had broken my neck)..helmet saved me from splitting my head open. Will always wear one and think it should be compulsory.

If I'm out 'cycling' (as opposed to popping to the shops on my mountain bike) then I will wear lycra - it's the right kit for the job, keeps you cool, keeps your undercarriage 'protected' from the harsh seat and allows the sweat to wick away...it also makes you lose weight, as there are some proper sights out there...

Like John, I will ride two abreast and chat if it is safe to do so...when not, then single file it is (also depends if a training or a social ride)... Don't like cycling through London (feel safer on my Vespa, and that is saying something), but always stop at red lights and observe the laws of the road. I'll also 'have a word' with any cyclist who doesn't, as it gives us all a bad name. Instant fines for any caught not observing the rules of the road should be enforced I reckon..(easier said then done)...same goes for lights...

Safe cycling all!
  • Options
    Good luck to my nephew Alex, who is riding the London-Surrey 100 today - riding for the Cancer Research charity.
  • Options

Good luck to my nephew Alex, who is riding the London-Surrey 100 today - riding for the Cancer Research charity.

Well done Alex - he did it in 5 hours 53 minutes which was a lot faster than he expected for his first major race.
  • Options
    I see that Boris has today pronounced that he wants to make London a "cycling paradise". More hot air from the hotairmeister. London is so far behind most NW Europe cities (which is where this thread started). Prague isn't there either though. They follow the London strategy. Paint a strip of the road near the kerb red, and call it a cycle path. Fortunately soon as you get 20kms outside the city the roads are empty, and Czech drivers are generally very decent to cyclists, probably because so many of them are also cyclists.
  • Options
    Boris can feck off with his love for cyclists. Pain in the arris.