Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Options
    Seems Real Madrid pulled the plug

Wonder if the 7-3 defeat made them realise he's a bit more important than they realise / appreciate
  • Options
    I suppose at the end of the day none of the big clubs came in for him because of the wage, if they break their wage ceiling they have to pay everyone else more
  • Options

Wonder if the 7-3 defeat made them realise he's a bit more important than they realise / appreciate
    A long term injury to Asensio plus a new injury to Jovic in the past few days might have made them think twice about offloading him 
  • Options

A long term injury to Asensio plus a new injury to Jovic in the past few days might have made them think twice about offloading him 
    Or maybe we offered Dijksteel, Sarr and 15 tracksuits in exchange for him. 
  • Options
    Real Madrid are an absolute shithouse of a club.

Make the bloke a complete outsider, and then block a move when it comes up. I hope he refuses to go anywhere.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Real Madrid are an absolute shithouse of a club.

Make the bloke a complete outsider, and then block a move when it comes up. I hope he refuses to go anywhere.
    Bale has refused to go on the pre season tour with Real. Gareth is gutted because if the China deal went through he had Promised to buy Cardiff. Not the football team, the whole City.
  • Options
    Couple of lads I work with went to the same school as him in Whitchurch, he was apparently very introverted as opposed to the 2 other alumni that have done quite well in other sports, £1m a week is a ludicrous amount of money but being shoved from pillar to post could well have affected him mentally, as potentially shown by him not travelling to the next lucrative friendly. Whatever way, very poor form by the contemptible Real Madrid. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If he stays he may end up playing in Real Madrid Castilla, the reserve team who currently play in the third division. Manager this year is Real Madrid legend Raul.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he stays he may end up playing in Real Madrid Castilla, the reserve team who currently play in the third division. Manager this year is Real Madrid legend Raul.
    why would they scupper his move when initially they wanted him to go only then to throw him in the reserves?  don't make sense
  • Options
    Guess it depends exactly how much Zidane doesn't want him around. However, the paper I was reading today said they might need to keep him to cover Asensio's injury.
    Seems the main reason they want him out though is to raise money for Pogba, who is Zidane's big target.
  • Options
    Isnt that the whole point, the Chinesse team were offering Bale loads but paying Madrid hardly anything, and it was being rushed through before the deadline in China on Wednesday.

Maybe they thought actually we would get more selling to someone else so decided to go for that option
  • Options
    Isnt that the whole point, the Chinesse team were offering Bale loads but paying Madrid hardly anything, and it was being rushed through before the deadline in China on Wednesday.

Maybe they thought actually we would get more selling to someone else so decided to go for that option
    But no one is gonna pay RM loads and fork out 1m a a week!
  • Options

I’d be astonished if they can sell to a European club and get a fee without having to pay a fairly hefty % of his salary. Bale has 3 years left on a contract with a salary higher than any other European team could pay (apart from maybe City who don’t want him and PSG who can’t buy him due to FFP). 

Seems to me that Real either have to take a haircut  or play him, I’d opt for the latter but Zidane seems to have decided he doesn’t want him under any circumstances.
  • Options
    The idea that one of football's greatest minds would rate Paul Pogba above Gareth Bale says to me I am either in the wrong job or I know absolutely nothing about football
  • Options
    Not sure either party is coming out well in this

Zidane and Madrid, having given him this ludicrous contract are now trying to force him out in a nasty way. Bale on the other hand just seems only interested in keeping his massive salary by going to a retirement league, rather than taking a pay cut (which would still leave him on a ginormous salary anyway) and challenging himself in one of Europe's top leagues.

He's hardly integrated that well in Spain, after all these years does he even speak the language?
  • Options
    Zidane will have to get some pretty amazing results when the season starts or the pressure on him to leave will be immense.

I cant help but think this is just Zidane being an arsehole to Bale though. Feels personal imho.
  • Options
    The Bale situation is all a bit strange. We already know that Zidane left the first time because he wanted Bale out and Hazard in, but Perez over ruled him. So Zidane returns, gets Hazard as promised , but now we're led to believe Perez is over ruling him again. Zidane surely won't be happy at this.

As for Pogba, he's still a top quality player. And with Modric not getting any younger, Ceballos loaned out and Asensio out for months, it's no surprise that Madrid want to sign Pogba. Not to mention Perez will love his marketability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why anyone would want Pogba is beyond me, one of the most overrated players in the prem
    Because in the right team and league he's basically unplayable. English football is notoriously difficult for players who don't put a shift in and that's why Pogba can struggle. When he does bother to play though he can do it all. In Spain, where a lot of the teams can't even come close to the quality on the field the big teams have, he'll have an absolute field day. He'll pick the Eibars and Granadas of the league apart and then they will just hope that he decides to turn up against Barcelona and Atletico. He'll also be surrounded by a much better quality of player at Real. Would you rather knock a long ball over to Hazard or Lukaku? Or exchange passes with Modric and Kroos or Matic and Fred? Pogba needs everything around him to be right; conditions, players, even the fanfare has to be in the right key, which is ridiculous. If it is there though, he's a superb asset.
  • Options
    Why anyone would want Pogba is beyond me, one of the most overrated players in the prem
    Because in the right team and league he's basically unplayable. English football is notoriously difficult for players who don't put a shift in and that's why Pogba can struggle. When he does bother to play though he can do it all. In Spain, where a lot of the teams can't even come close to the quality on the field the big teams have, he'll have an absolute field day. He'll pick the Eibars and Granadas of the league apart and then they will just hope that he decides to turn up against Barcelona and Atletico. He'll also be surrounded by a much better quality of player at Real. Would you rather knock a long ball over to Hazard or Lukaku? Or exchange passes with Modric and Kroos or Matic and Fred? Pogba needs everything around him to be right; conditions, players, even the fanfare has to be in the right key, which is ridiculous. If it is there though, he's a superb asset.
    I understand completely what you are saying there but for me all of that is why he is overrated. I'd look good in that Real side! 

Look at players like Kroos and Modric and they show up consistently and carry genuine class 
  • Options

Zidane and Madrid, having given him this ludicrous contract are now trying to force him out in a nasty way. Bale on the other hand just seems only interested in keeping his massive salary by going to a retirement league, rather than taking a pay cut (which would still leave him on a ginormous salary anyway) and challenging himself in one of Europe's top leagues.

He's hardly integrated that well in Spain, after all these years does he even speak the language?
    I’m not sure if that’s fair in this particular case. I’ve read that Bale is on £600K a week at Real Madrid, with three years left on his contract. At any club that would realistically sign him in Europe I’m not sure he would even get half of that. So, assume he gets a 4 year deal worth £300K a week somewhere else (without Real topping it up) then you are asking him to take a £30M hit (£90M vs £60M). I don’t think even an ultra wealthy footballer would be unreasonable in not agreeing to write off that sort of money. 
  • Options

Absolutely mullered by John Toshack in today's Mirror.  

Toshack suggests that Bale not speaking the language after 6/7 years is an insult to the people he works for, and at £600,000 a week he should try a bit harder to give something of himself.  Toshack also reckons that Bale could get by on £150,000 a week playing for a club that had some ambition.

Tosh had two spells in charge at Real.
  • Options
    He has got a fair point and I think that has been what's caused the problem for Bale in training and with his teammates, that he won't communicate with them.
  • Options
    Didn’t the whole team plan on going for a meal and Bale didn’t go because he didn’t want to be late to bed? 
  • Options
    Didn’t the whole team plan on going for a meal and Bale didn’t go because he didn’t want to be late to bed? 
    They were probably relieved, I highly doubt Bale is the life and soul...
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    They were probably relieved, I highly doubt Bale is the life and soul...
    whats that got to do with it?  He is the consummate professional and should be lauded for it not jettisoned

I'm quite staggered that Madrid want shot of Bale who has been nothing but professional, trains and keeps in shape almost to an obsession and instead want Pogba with his stinking attitude, criticises the club in public, sulks and downs tools like a spoilt child
  • Options

Absolutely mullered by John Toshack in today's Mirror.  

Toshack suggests that Bale not speaking the language after 6/7 years is an insult to the people he works for, and at £600,000 a week he should try a bit harder to give something of himself.  Toshack also reckons that Bale could get by on £150,000 a week playing for a club that had some ambition.

Tosh had two spells in charge at Real.
    Whilst i can see Toshack's point of view and i'm sure it hasn't helped Bale integrate himself, it's not as if it affects his ability to play football.

That goal where he sprinted off the pitch and around the full back to score the late winner against Barcelona. The same year he put them 2-1 up in the CL final against Atletico. Came on as a sub when it was 1-1 and scored twice in the 2018 CL final, including an amazing overhead kick. Scored a hat trick in last years World club cup semi final.

None of this affected in any way by his ability to speak Spanish.
  • Options
    If he cannot communicate, or understand instructions in Spanish in training after six years it is an issue for the team though, and one which the manager would legitimately have an issue with.