Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gareth Bale

Comments

• edited July 2019
    To be fair, getting super stars in is a great way of building interest in order to increase the quality of the youth set up, I totally understand what they are trying to do!

Also, her arse would be getting worked into the ground even if there was no football team, that's just the Asian work ethic, it's even worse in Taiwan and Japan!
  • A question for you all....  If he cant speak Spanish after 6 bloody years, what chance to do you give him learning Mandarin?
    So...there's no chance he'll end up in China.  No chance.  I'm fairly certain of that.

Bale has got 3 years left on his contract at £600k a week.  Thats Real Madrid's problem, not Bale's.  He holds all the aces.  If he wants to sit there and earn £600k a week he can.  The only way Real Madrid will get him out is if he agrees to go AND Real Madrid are willing to cut a deal to make him affordable.

I was told on good authority that Bale was coming back to Spurs just before the 2018 CL final and before Ronaldo decided he wanted to go to Juventus which killed it off.
    That good authority hasnt heard anything to say that is is in the pipeline this time around as I think everyone is well aware of what our transfer targets were/are in Ndombele, Lo Celso from Real Betis and the Sessegnon twins from Fulham but it really wouldn't surprise me if Levy was working on a deal to bring him back.

• At least Bale’s golf handicap should be in the single figures. And Let’s hope he doesn’t get a backache from counting up his money every day. 
    There is only so much money that can be counted. I just don’t understand his mindset wanting to apply his trade in China when there are many European clubs wanting his signature. I don’t mean to disrespect China but as some posters have said he should be at his peak to continuing playing on the big stage. 
  • To be fair, getting super stars in is a great way of building interest in order to increase the quality of the youth set up, I totally understand what they are trying to do!

Also, her arse would be getting worked into the ground even if there was no football team, that's just the Asian work ethic, it's even worse in Taiwan and Japan!
    The latter point, true. But re the football.... clubs here have been doing this for many years. But our national football has gone significantly backwards compared to say 15 years ago, including the youth football. We used to do well in the Toulon tournament and underage world cup tournaments etc. but in recent years we've been so poor. The money hasn't helped one iota. Public interest is only in those super stars.
  • Solidgone said:
    At least Bale’s golf handicap should be in the single figures. And Let’s hope he doesn’t get a backache from counting up his money every day. 
    There is only so much money that can be counted. I just don’t understand his mindset wanting to apply his trade in China when there are many European clubs wanting his signature. I don’t mean to disrespect China but as some posters have said he should be at his peak to continuing playing on the big stage. 
    I can give you a million reasons a week. He will also be worshiped as a god out there
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    A question for you all....  If he cant speak Spanish after 6 bloody years, what chance to do you give him learning Mandarin?
    So...there's no chance he'll end up in China.  No chance.  I'm fairly certain of that.

Bale has got 3 years left on his contract at £600k a week.  Thats Real Madrid's problem, not Bale's.  He holds all the aces.  If he wants to sit there and earn £600k a week he can.  The only way Real Madrid will get him out is if he agrees to go AND Real Madrid are willing to cut a deal to make him affordable.

I was told on good authority that Bale was coming back to Spurs just before the 2018 CL final and before Ronaldo decided he wanted to go to Juventus which killed it off.
    That good authority hasnt heard anything to say that is is in the pipeline this time around as I think everyone is well aware of what our transfer targets were/are in Ndombele, Lo Celso from Real Betis and the Sessegnon twins from Fulham but it really wouldn't surprise me if Levy was working on a deal to bring him back.

How on earth would Spurs afford the transfer fee and his wages?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    A question for you all....  If he cant speak Spanish after 6 bloody years, what chance to do you give him learning Mandarin?

You don't need to speak Chinese to live in China, trust me.
  • edited July 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:

He doesn't need to speak Mandarin to live a nice life here in China. He would have personal translators and assistants. Things like this would be well arranged for him by the club. 

(Stu just beat me to it.)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Madrid would let him go for a 'relatively' low fee to get him off the books. Bale also must understand that no other team (outside of China it would appear) will pay him anything like the money he is on at the minute.
  • edited July 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:

Madrid would let him go for a 'relatively' low fee to get him off the books. Bale also must understand that no other team (outside of China it would appear) will pay him anything like the money he is on at the minute.
    Exactly.  They want him off the books.  If they are that desperate for him to get him off the books, what lengths will they go to?  Put it this way, Man City paid Adebayor £120k per week while he was playing for Spurs.  Real Madrid could feasibly pay Bale £150-200k per week for the remaining 3 years of his contract while Levy could match Kane's £250k per week salary for a 3 year contract..  All of a sudden, Madrid have got £400-450k per week off of their books and he's out of Madrid.  

There are ways and means to get a deal done but Bale still holds all the aces and will control his own destiny.  It depends on how much he wants to play football!

Re: learning Mandarin, that was a bit tongue in cheek tbh as Bale DOES speak Spanish ;)

• Sponsored links:

• all depends how much he 'wants' to play top European football.....he's not even 30 is he yet ?

the money/wages are just absolutely insane
  • Can see him going Munich.

They have just lost Ribery and Robben and I think Bale would be a good fit there
  • edited July 2019
    cafctom said:
    Hang on, lot of assumptions being made here - people saying he’s only about the money, doesn’t want a challenge etc.

Is there actually evidence that he is planning to move to China? Just because there’s a rumour that a Chinese club is willing to offer him that deal doesn’t necessarily mean he wants it. I’m sure he would prefer to stay at Real Madrid, if it were not for the manager who quite blatantly wants him out.
    He's apparently told Zidane that if he doesn't want to play him he'll happily sit on the sidelines and work on his golf game until his contract expires, so I don't think he's too bothered about a challenge at this point
  • cafctom said:
    Hang on, lot of assumptions being made here - people saying he’s only about the money, doesn’t want a challenge etc.

Is there actually evidence that he is planning to move to China? Just because there’s a rumour that a Chinese club is willing to offer him that deal doesn’t necessarily mean he wants it. I’m sure he would prefer to stay at Real Madrid, if it were not for the manager who quite blatantly wants him out.
    He's apparently told Zidane that if he doesn't want to play him he'll happily sit on the sidelines and work on his gold game until his contract expires, so I don't think he's too bothered about a challenge at this point

Is that a Typo or is he playing Jenga with bullion bars? 
  • He'd have a field day in the Bundersliga, perfect place for him 
  • Story in the press that Zidane actually wanted to get rid of Bale and sign Hazard at the end of the 17-18 season, but then Bale scored that amazing goal in the Champions league final and Perez decided that he had to stay. Zidane quit in disgust and Bale ended up staying.

Zidane agreed to come back but only on the proviso that Hazard was signed, and Bale had to leave. This is why Bales agent said in the press months ago that Zidane's return was bad news for Bale.
  • edited July 2019
    Story in the press that Zidane actually wanted to get rid of Bale and sign Hazard at the end of the 17-18 season, but then Bale scored that amazing goal in the Champions league final and Perez decided that he had to stay. Zidane quit in disgust and Bale ended up staying.

Zidane agreed to come back but only on the proviso that Hazard was signed, and Bale had to leave. This is why Bales agent said in the press months ago that Zidane's return was bad news for Bale.
    That's pretty much on the money and that was part of the reason why Ronaldo upped sticks for Juventus.
  • We don't see what happens day to day, Bale might be a poor trainer, doesn't interact with his teammates etc and have a poor attitude in general
  • Solidgone said:
    At least Bale’s golf handicap should be in the single figures. And Let’s hope he doesn’t get a backache from counting up his money every day. 
    None of the top European clubs will match his existing wages due to his injury issues. There's also the fact that buying out the rest of his Madrid contract would cost the best part of one hundred million sodding quid!! It's absolutely bonkers!
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a shame he doesn't want to continue to play at a high level and cement himself as one of the greats of this generation but at the end of the day, it's up to him. Real Madrid decided to pay him a ridiculous amount and have treated him badly recently. I would happily train with the kids every day and then have every weekend off if I was getting paid the reported 600k a week for another 3 years. Chinese clubs will still want him in 3 years time
  • Rizzo said:
    Solidgone said:
    None of the top European clubs will match his existing wages due to his injury issues. 
    39 appearances in 17/18
    42 appearances in 18/19

Blimey, what injury issues are you talking about?
  • Crazy that what a Chinese club are prepared to pay him in 10 months is what it'd cost to buy our entire club!
  • Think it's definitely time for him to leave but he should do so with a lot of pride - four Champions Leagues and many decisive goals and it has been a great achievement. Zidane obviously doesn't rate him, probably because he doesn't interact with the rest of the squad and I guess he's the boss so should be able to decide what his team is. But Bale should be very happy with what he has achieved and most Real fans I know recognise what a good player he has been for them.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Rizzo said:
    Solidgone said:
    None of the top European clubs will match his existing wages due to his injury issues. 
    39 appearances in 17/18
    42 appearances in 18/19

Blimey, what injury issues are you talking about?
    https://talksport.com/football/468466/real-madrid-gareth-bale-injury-record/

• Ah ok.  Fair enough.  I'd hardly call missing 10 games a season on average injury prone though.

Christ, he's no Jack Wilshire or Darren Anderton.

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Ah ok.  Fair enough.  I'd hardly call missing 10 games a season on average injury prone though.

Christ, he's no Jack Wilshire or Darren Anderton.

Wiltshire and Anderton have nothing on Lewis Page! 
  • Seems like it's the transfer fee rather than the wages which could be the stumbling block for a move:

https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/22/football/1563819883_123325.html
  • I’d love to be paid half a million a week and do nothing