Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wiggins to be sold?

Comments

• Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but Mort's excellent doggy gif just about sums it up for me!
  • Options
    I would have been 2 when she worked here so no on that one.
  • Options
    Large aDDICK WITH SMALL BRAIN. cHRIS pARKS IS cafc SECRETARY
  • Options
    I reckon he's a pharmacist.

And using his own pills.
  • Options
  • Options
    pardon?
  • Options
    really strange.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I went to school with Laurie Parks, Chris Parks older brother.

who are they?
    Chris Parks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyss_(wrestler)

• Options
    iF i WAS A QUALIFIED PHARMACIST I WOULD HAVE SAID EXACTLY THAT. A CHEMIST IS NOT A PHARMACIST
  • Options

no, you have the small brain. Chris ParkEs is the Charlton secretary. I have no idea who this Chris Parks is though. Before you insult people perhaps you should get your facts straight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Totty then?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

rikofold said:

If you'vbasicallye supported Charlton for as long as I have, you just accept that our top players move on. It's been that way since Bonds, Bailey and Hinton in the 60s. Even during our "glory days" in the Premiership, when the big boys came calling, we couldn't hold on to Parker. And will stay that way until I win £120 million on a Euromillions jackpot and buy the club!

Will be disappointing, of course, if Wiggins leaves but the thing is, as in the past, there will always be someone to step into a departing players shoes. Think Robinson for Robert Lee, Barness for Minto, Iwelumo for Darren Bent (OK maybe not that one!).

Sad but that's the reality of supporting Charlton and not someone like Moan Utd.

Now it seems the same board may be starting to dismantle this squad and asking SCP to continue to succeed with those he brought in as second choices.
    How exactly have they started to dismantle the squad?? The only suggestion that Wiggins is to be sold has come from someone who quite clearly hates the current board.
    This.

There is no concrete evidence that one player is gonna be sold, yet people are already waving their white flags.
    Why is this a thread in its own right and not part of the rumours one? Fair enough if and when it comes true but it strikes me as just more speculation

Because AB said it and we all know on Charlton Life his word is gospel despite him basically being formerly in charge of the ticket office and not chief executive.

No doubt he's heard something and good on him for sharing what he's heard, but a few people need to take a deep breath and ask themselves why he would have any better inside knowledge than a number of other people on this site. After all he's now just a fan with a few a friends working at the club and its pretty clear very few of those friends are in high places.
    That is a pathetic remark and you ought to be bloody ashamed of yourself. Assuming you are not a post Premiership plastic fan, that is..

What an incredibly condescending post and alienating anyone who started supporting the club post 1998 will really help the trust's cause won't it? You do realise it's possible to have been born too late to have any recollection of Selhurst or a three sided Valley yet still be old enough to vote? But of course if you don't have the Selhurst badge of honour you're not proper Charlton are you?

I do not know his official job title but AB was basically in charge of the ticket office along with a few other commercial things when he left the club so why on earth should I be ashamed of pointing it out?

My point is AB was most recently a middle manager in a relatively small organisation. I'm sure he heard snippets of info on the grape vine but I'm also pretty sure he didn't have a bat phone to the board room or get to sit in on transfer and contact negotiations.

I'm aware of his history with back to the Valley/the Mercury etc and I'm sure he has a number of Charlton related contacts but I don't think it's unreasonable to question why a man who is now outside the organisation, in active dispute with it and has himself said he hardly ever saw or spoke with the executives currently in charge of it would currently have the inside scoop on what is clearly a controversial piece of information, especially as the board keeps its cards very close to its chest. I'm afraid it doesn't add up to me.

AB's information  is second or third hand and therefore potentially comes with an agenda from source even if AB is playing with a straight bat, which given some of his recent highly critical comments is open to question if we're being objective about things.

Whatever AB has or hasn't done in the past does not buy him diplomatic immunity from question or criticism and I don't like that way anyone who dares do it gets shouted down and told AB does not need to justify himself because we all need to justify ourselves.

I do not know AB personally so this is in no way meant as an attack on his character but I am questioning the perceived wisdom on here that he is somehow beyond reproach.
  • Options

rikofold said:

If you'vbasicallye supported Charlton for as long as I have, you just accept that our top players move on. It's been that way since Bonds, Bailey and Hinton in the 60s. Even during our "glory days" in the Premiership, when the big boys came calling, we couldn't hold on to Parker. And will stay that way until I win £120 million on a Euromillions jackpot and buy the club!

Will be disappointing, of course, if Wiggins leaves but the thing is, as in the past, there will always be someone to step into a departing players shoes. Think Robinson for Robert Lee, Barness for Minto, Iwelumo for Darren Bent (OK maybe not that one!).

Sad but that's the reality of supporting Charlton and not someone like Moan Utd.

Now it seems the same board may be starting to dismantle this squad and asking SCP to continue to succeed with those he brought in as second choices.
    How exactly have they started to dismantle the squad?? The only suggestion that Wiggins is to be sold has come from someone who quite clearly hates the current board.
    This.

There is no concrete evidence that one player is gonna be sold, yet people are already waving their white flags.
    Why is this a thread in its own right and not part of the rumours one? Fair enough if and when it comes true but it strikes me as just more speculation

Because AB said it and we all know on Charlton Life his word is gospel despite him basically being formerly in charge of the ticket office and not chief executive.

No doubt he's heard something and good on him for sharing what he's heard, but a few people need to take a deep breath and ask themselves why he would have any better inside knowledge than a number of other people on this site. After all he's now just a fan with a few a friends working at the club and its pretty clear very few of those friends are in high places.
    That is a pathetic remark and you ought to be bloody ashamed of yourself. Assuming you are not a post Premiership plastic fan, that is..

What an incredibly condescending post and alienating anyone who started supporting the club post 1998 will really help the trust's cause won't it? You do realise it's possible to have been born too late to have any recollection of Selhurst or a three sided Valley yet still be old enough to vote? But of course if you don't have the Selhurst badge of honour you're not proper Charlton are you?

I do not know his official job title but AB was basically in charge of the ticket office along with a few other commercial things when he left the club so why on earth should I be ashamed of pointing it out?

My point is AB was most recently a middle manager in a relatively small organisation. I'm sure he heard snippets of info on the grape vine but I'm also pretty sure he didn't have a bat phone to the board room or get to sit in on transfer and contact negotiations.

I'm aware of his history with back to the Valley/the Mercury etc and I'm sure he has a number of Charlton related contacts but I don't think it's unreasonable to question why a man who is now outside the organisation, in active dispute with it and has himself said he hardly ever saw or spoke with the executives currently in charge of it would currently have the inside scoop on what is clearly a controversial piece of information, especially as the board keeps its cards very close to its chest. I'm afraid it doesn't add up to me.

AB's information  is second or third hand and therefore potentially comes with an agenda from source even if AB is playing with a straight bat, which given some of his recent highly critical comments is open to question if we're being objective about things.

Whatever AB has or hasn't done in the past does not buy him diplomatic immunity from question or criticism and I don't like that way anyone who dares do it gets shouted down and told AB does not need to justify himself because we all need to justify ourselves.

I do not know AB personally so this is in no way meant as an attack on his character but I am questioning the perceived wisdom on here that he is somehow beyond reproach.
    Agree.
  • Options
    Soooooooooooo......

Any news on Wiggins?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I apologise for my second sentence. But not the first. If you had the made the points you now make, that would have been fair enough.Especially if you had formed them directly to Airman so that he could reply. But you implied that Airman's role at Charlton was some jobsworth admin role, and that he had no access to the Board nor any understanding of the club's business or financial strategy. For most of his time at the Club he did have such access and understanding. He was effectively the marketing manager.

I do not take Airman's every word as gospel, and neither do a lot of other people who nevertheless have become very pissed off with the personal attacks on him, and have said so on here. As Large said the other day, he deserves more respect.

Also why did you bring the Trust into it? I am not on the Trust exec, although I'm a big supporter. It is run by a younger crowd, exactly to avoid the criticism that it is another product of a Selhurst era clique
  • Options

By the way I have not just post about TJ or Rick (AB) ? Read other threads. Many on here could not investigate their way out of a paper bag let alone note the obvious. Look at the mes many clubs are in. The cause. Players wages. Compare them with what you get for actually still doing what we all did at ten. Then look t the cause. The Premiership. More clubs have folded liquidate reformed because of it and being in it than ever before. AND look at the ticket prices now. When I started. 3/0d adults 1/6d boys. for idiots 15p adults 7.5p boys on any terrace. I know it is all seated now so 5/0d adults 2/6d boys seating. You can all now convert this to £ and p yourselves Girls never went. Now look at our under 1 and under 18 season tickets But look at the cost just turning up. Still want the Premiership ticket cost? of course you do. Put it this way would WR on £250,000 be on hat anywhere else in any job anywhere in the UK. No. I am just a fan who can still afford to go. nothing more. I don't care what league we are in to the same extent as you do. I just love following Charlton. Hope people like TJ MS or who ever can afford to subsidise me and you. Players aren't worth £300,000 a year let alone a week. But football fans can't mostly see that. Just as Liverpool and now Arsenal fans forget a certain player cheated Ghana and Mansfielld oof glory racially abused a fellow player and has two attempts at being a vampire.Yet Parkinson subbed the club and most people moaned at him. I know who I would rather share a beer with or have at Charlton. Both he and CP are decent blokes. Perhaps maybe the board is. Remeber MS is a Blue moon not an addick. suppose he just buggered off and invested in City. Oooops

I wonder how far Cash's Slater's £12m a month would get him at City?
  • Options

I love hate love hate love Airman
  • Options

rikofold said:

If you've supported Charlton for as long as I have, you just accept that our top players move on. It's been that way since Bonds, Bailey and Hinton in the 60s. Even during our "glory days" in the Premiership, when the big boys came calling, we couldn't hold on to Parker. And will stay that way until I win £120 million on a Euromillions jackpot and buy the club!

This.

• Options

I do not take Airman's every word as gospel, and neither do a lot of other people who nevertheless have become very pissed off with the personal attacks on him, and have said so on here. As Large said the other day, he deserves more respect.

+1

• Options

I live miles away but feel the need to lock the doors very securely tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

MICK 1950. I HAVE TO SLOW DOWN ON CAPS LOCK. I WEAR BI FOCALS AND ON A MINI SCREEN ON A PHONE MISS TYPE . SIMPLES. PS I HAVE A DEGREE THAT I OBTAINED BEFORE THEY WERE DUMBED DOWN SO ALLOW IDIOTS TO STUDY GRASS GROWING OR WAXING 'AIRY ARSES AS A LIVING. SO PLEASE DON'T DEDLUDE YOURSELF TO BEING A SUPERIOR MIND TO MINE. AND AS I AM HERE WHY NOT ADDRESS ME DIRECTLY AND NOT TALK TO ANOTHER ABOUT ME AS IF I WAS NOT HERE. THAT IS CALLED MANNNERS SO IF 1950 IS YUR DOB YOU SHOULD HAVE ENCOUNTERED THESE.

Did they teach you how to turn caps lock off before degrees were 'dumbed down.' Or that there are 2 n's in manners, not three? Or how to spell delude? Or your for that matter?
  • Options

I apologise for my second sentence. But not the first. If you had the made the points you now make, that would have been fair enough.Especially if you had formed them directly to Airman so that he could reply. But you implied that Airman's role at Charlton was some jobsworth admin role, and that he had no access to the Board nor any understanding of the club's business or financial strategy. For most of his time at the Club he did have such access and understanding. He was effectively the marketing manager.

Has there been personal attacks on him?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Churchills bleeding Butler. When we had the 'five year season ticket appeal' whilst playing at Upton Park prior to our return to the Valley I got a quote for a new roof on my gaff. Armed with the quote, and a persuasive manner I went to the Halifax. They increased my mortgage, and paid over the money for the roof quote, which I promptly took and used to buy a five year season ticket, and the roof remained as it was.
    I (yes I paid it off eventually) did indeed put money in. Sorry to disappoint you my friend, there are plenty of other ways you can attack me, but the one you chose was a fail I'm afraid.

Seth f-ck my financial consultant I will consult you in future
  • Options

The usual snidey Charlton Life style drip, drip, drip that his comments not endorsing the Board stem from bitterness at losing his job.

Some might construe such remarks as personal attacks.

I am of the school that a man of his historic "previous" deserves more respect when he expresses his concerns, regardless of whether or not I agree with him, but then I increasingly feel something of an anachronism on here too these days so it's probably just me.
  • Options

I thought Exiled Addick's comment was personal for example, (though I should not have snapped as I did, and apologise again. Its bloody hot out here ). I thought he was implying that Airman didn't really have a very important role in the Club and therefore was over -trading on it. Its not true, and is bloody unfair also because of the sheer amount of work the guy did. Then there is Arthur, above, with a masterclass in snide

"But he did invent different prices for different games and coach travel to games before any other club had ever done it.
    And no one else could possible run valley express without his experience.

Which he started with Err.... No previous experience.

Bless

It will be water off Airman's back but if you know the guy your natural reaction is to spring to his defence.

But I understand your own take on things Gary.

• Options
    Please REveaL youRSelf Mr. Butler. You are TJ are you not??
  • Options

I thought Exiled Addick's comment was personal for example, (though I should not have snapped as I did, and apologise again. Its bloody hot out here ). I thought he was implying that Airman didn't really have a very important role in the Club and therefore was over -trading on it. Its not true, and is bloody unfair also because of the sheer amount of work the guy did. Then there is Arthur, above, with a masterclass in snide

"But he did invent different prices for different games and coach travel to games before any other club had ever done it.

Bless

It will be water off Airman's back but if you know the guy your natural reaction is to spring to his defence.

I was just asking thats all. I hadnt seen Arthurs comment. From what ive read on different threads, people that dont agree with AB have gone about it in the right way.

• Options
    Seth Plum. You committed a fraud by obtaining monies by deception. So you went to footie leaving family with a leaky roof and a bucket. Hope your kids appreciated your selfishness. My point proved AGAIN
  • Options

Bless

I was just asking thats all. I hadnt seen Arthurs comment. From what ive read on different threads, people that dont agree with AB have gone about it in the right way.

It is said that there are people on here who have just 'taken against the Board', and I guess there are also some people who have "taken against" Airman.

Anyway something seems to have happened to Churchill's Butler in mid sentence, so maybe its time to think footie

• Options
    For me what ever one does of great merit it does mean you are totally wonderful. Maybe we should go after Henry Irving instead or ME.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!