Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Get well March51

edited December 2014 in Not Sports Related
Welcome back @March51

Fantastic to see you posting again.

Hope you are well and on the road to recovery from everyone of us here at CL Towers

Comments

• Hiya March, welcome back.
    Its been quiet today, considering the season starts tomorrow. ;)
  • Brilliant news. Welcome back.
  • Welcome back fella!
  • WB pal
  • edited August 2013
    Gosh, thanks people, didn't expect that, very nice of you.

Things are a bit tricky as everything is blurry and I'm also now colour blind: everything is in various shades of light and dark with a tinge of light green, no real colours at all. Not to worry, things could be a lot worse and the medics say 'give it time' . Things have improved slightly in the last 2/3 weeks.. Bit tricky typing with a magnifying glass in one hand though! JiMMy85 gave me an ST as a recent birthday present and it's for the North Upper so if you see an old duffer stumbling around Block K please make sure I don't take the quick route to the North Lower. Going for a lie down now, that's worn me out. Thanks again,much appreciated, Terry P.
  • Great stuff, would love to see your Sherlock Holmes style typing !

Will try and seek you out in the stand early in the season
  • if you do fall into North Lower, can you avoid the area to the right of the goal.
  • Great news. Welcome back.
  • Good to have you back.
  • Brilliant news, welcome back.
  • Sponsored links:

• good news march really glad your on the mend
  • Good to see you back
  • Welcome home .... Come on in
  • Welcome back March
  • Go Mr March, nice to see you back, Now get that flag back up......!
  • March51 said:

Gosh, thanks people, didn't expect that, very nice of you.

Things are a bit tricky as everything is blurry and I'm also now colour blind: everything is in various shades of light and dark with a tinge of light green, no real colours at all. Not to worry, things could be a lot worse and the medics say 'give it time' . Things have improved slightly in the last 2 or three weeks.. Bit tricky typing with a magnifying glass in one hand though! JiMMy85 has bought me an ST as a recent birthday present and it's for the North Upper so if you see an old duffer stumbling around Block K please make sure I don't take the quick route to the North Lower. Going for a lie down now, that's worn me out. Thanks again,much appreciated, Terry P.

Great to see you back T!

There's a few old duffers from here who lurk in and around K Block so look forward to seeing you.
  • Go March. Go march. Go march.
  • Back just in time for the new season. Excellent. :-)
  • edited August 2013
    Glad to have you back March - if you don't mind me asking, how much magnification do you need? You can get magnifiers that you hang round your neck and prop up on your chest, so you can type 2 handed, like this: http://www.thehappycross-stitcher.com/product.php?xProd=6017&xSec=357 . The RNIB do stickers that you can put on your keyboard to make the lettering clearer and also do special large key keyboards, http://www.rnib.org.uk/shop/Pages/Category.aspx?Category=All_Keyboards although they aren't cheap, so it's probably best to wait until your sight has stabilised before forking out for one of those.
  • Welcome back March.
  • Sponsored links:

• No pissing and moaning. What a refreshing change. Well done march Bit of advice - stop having bleedin strokes!

Colur blindness may not be such a bad thing at Charlton .
  • Welcome back mate.
  • Some good news to start the season. It may be a sign. Well done March51 and fingers crossed for a speedy and fullsome recovery.
  • Top man March.
  • Welcome back...
  • edited August 2013
    Once again, thanks all: it's quite overwhelming. Good ideas Aliwibble- we'll investigate them. The larger keyboard lettering would certainly help at the moment. Any ideas for the tellie? Everything's in black and grey: makes the Test Match look very odd. Good luck for this afternoon everybody, let's get off to a flier!
  • Delighted to see you back young man.
  • March51 said:

Any ideas for the tellie? Everything's in black and grey: makes the Test Match look very odd.

Hey, Terry - telly was always black & white when you were young!

Good to hear from you again.

• Welcome back, enjoy the footie this afternoon.
  • edited August 2013
    Oggy Red said:

March51 said:

Any ideas for the tellie? Everything's in black and grey: makes the Test Match look very odd.

Hey, Terry - telly was always black & white when you were young!

Good to hear from you again.

Yes indeed, Mr.Oggy but I'm seeing twice as many Australians as I should and despite our having four batsmen out there things aren't looking too good at the moment.

(and thanks Seth and Adrian, let's hope for a good result today).