Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Get well March51

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

Hope now they have some idea what it is they can deal with it.

Best wishes

Can only echo this.
    Seconded.

• Hope you will both be back, sitting side by side, at the Valley soon.
  • edited December 2014
  • Excellent
  • Glad he got it before Xmas (and it came out ok in print!)

Stay strong Terry, missing a decent tram story.
  • Big hug
  • Nice pyjamas, Terry.

Best wishes!

• Sponsored links:

• It's really cool to see that CL really is one big family.

I hope you get back to full strength soon March.
  • Here's wishing you all the best.
  • All the best, get well soon.
  • Same from me March get better soon mate
  • good to see you back, hope you're now fighting fit.
  • If this does turn out to be what jiMMy fears it could be (and lets hope not) there is a drug that has worked for a bloke i have spoken to and three and a half years on he is playing golf again off a reasonable handicap. This stuff is all very new and wasn't even around two or three years ago. Want to talk about it at all then please send me a PM - its not really for the forum but wishing March all the best with this.
  • Wishing @""JiMMy 85"‌ and @March51‌ a happy Christmas wherever they spend it, football is a load of bollocks compared to family trauma wishing @Redmidland‌ a swift passage back to full health too. Stay tough redmen
  • I hope the diagnosis is a good one and that you are back on your feet soon.
  • Get well soon March.
  • Hello all. Had a couple of people ask for an update so here it is. I'm not going to sugarcoat this; time is slipping away from us.

Dad has a brain tumour that's affecting him in two key ways; personality and swallowing. The latter caused pneumonia which was treated by tube feeding. Once his chest cleared they put him back on food but that was a stupid f*****g idea and he immediately got a chest infection again. This caused breathing issues, which affected sleep - he has vivid dreams anyway - and led to lots of medication. All of that combined means he is not himself anymore, and his chest hasn't really improved anyway.

We hoped he would come home for palliative care, but that now seems very unlikely. Sitting by him right now is pretty heartbreaking. He occasionally cracks a funny one liner, which is something, but his chest sounds so bad...

He did seem to react to the Chelsea score just now - he always liked Parkinson - but didn't seem bothered about the Wolves result! I don't know how much longer we have here, I suspect days or weeks rather than months. All we can do is go along with it, help him function and try to make him feel loved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thoughts with you Jimmy mate.
    Good luck March, rooting for you against the odds
  • Love to your Dad, Jimmy. Thinking of you.
  • Sorry to hear that Jimmy. Stay strong.
  • I don't know what to say other than my thoughts are with you and your Dad, I hope he can beat and survive this nasty disease.
  • Stay strong Jimmy
  • Very best thoughts with both of you xx
  • Sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and your Dad.
  • Our thoughts are with you and your family.
    Ray
  • So sorry Jimmy. Have been through this as well.
  • Words are sometimes difficult to put together. Stay strong Jimmy and thoughts are with you all.