Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

huddersfield away league cup...... thoughts

Comments

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Erghh. Crap tie.

Huddersfield -again-. A bit like last year where we had the most boring match known to man at the valley, then a few weeks later we had them in the Cup again in January. Tosh.

Was thinking about those games this morning and specifically hoping we wouldn't get them!

We'll probably end up losing this uninspiring tie, meaning that glorious, historic Tuesday night at the Valley that was nailed on to live long in the memory will have been for nothing. Rats.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, check you lot out.

Most of you wouldn't have gone no matter who we'd been draw against away from home. Given the seeding, etc, just what were you expecting - Barcelona away?
  • Options
    I reckon we might take about 55 to this one!!!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Can anyone think of a positive spin to put on this one ?

It will enable the club to meet it's legal requirement to play Huddersfield at least three times per season. Thus avoiding a massive fine.
  • Options
    Get in!! Well happy with this!! Another midweek away day!! Can't wait for this one now!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Most of you wouldn't have gone no matter who we'd been draw against away from home. Given the seeding, etc, just what were you expecting - Barcelona away?

No! I am way too 'fair weather' to make that kind of trip. Barcelona at home please?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I won't be going. Had we of drawn a more local side away from home I would of. Can't understand why they don't regionalise the first 3 rounds of the League Cup. Increases chances of local derbies, easier for people to travel and might boost attendances.
  • Options
    Shit draw shit cup got raving strop over this!
    I really need to grow up!
  • Options
    Doesn't look like they're too enthused either. Although they have the positives of it being winnable and at home. What's the comment about Simon Church's wife about?

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/85540/capital-cup-round-2-charlton?page=3
  • Options
    Chance for revenge after last years cup exit. I'm up for it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You're going ?
  • Options
    Could have been worse .... on second thoughts - no it couldn't.
  • Options
    Exclaimed aloud "God damn it" when I saw it. 88 away fans I'm going for.
  • Options

Can't we play them on X-Box and put the petrol money towards another midfielder..?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Is their unbeaten run still going?

i never got how people said that their unbeaten run went on that long, didn't they lose in the play offs, how was that not a league game. anyways, im extremely dissapointed. i wanted an easy tie, like accrington. i think we will snatch a win
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You're going ?
    No. Just trying to inject a bit of positivity into this thread!
  • Options
    Demand might outweigh tickets on this one. Hope the club put on sensible restrictions
  • Options

Thoughts - what a load of shit !

This! F*cking poor!
  • Options
    Shag said:

Don't think I'll be flying home from Portugal for this one.

me neither
    I don't think ill be getting off my sofa!
  • Options
    Operation Northern Hole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Can anyone think of a positive spin to put on this one ?

It's a step up in the quality of opposition for the likes of Pigott, Cousins and any other younger player who's involved to play against?

That's all I've got..

Agree.

• Options
    me neither
  • Options
    Worst tie ever.
    Would do a northern away midweek, but just not hudds.
  • Options
    What are the other fixtures? Not on bbc yet.
  • Options
    Someone keep Seb company for Christ sakes !
  • Options
    I'm going! It's on my birthday so don't want to be stuck indoors doing nothing.
  • Options
    Also, would rather do this than the league game 3 weeks later as it'll probably work out a lot cheaper for me, and I think we'd have more chance of winning!
  • Options
    on sale tomorrow. season ticket holders can apply for a maximum of 1,000 tickets each.
  • Options
    Jackson on Twitter has dished out a straight red to whoever made the draw.
  • Options
    Probably the worst tie on offer