Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

huddersfield away league cup...... thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Wonder how many vg members will be 1st in line for this one?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Given that we had to play a team from below mid-table in the championship and that playing away was a 50-50 chance, at least it means we don't lose at a league 2 ground on a bad night. We're only one game away from meeting a decent team at home which would be good.
  • Options

I am immediately reminded of the F A Cup 3rd round draw at Wrexham (1980?). Travelled up there for the 6-0 pummelling and wild horses weren't going to get me back there the following week for the league fixture. We played the newly arrived Great Danes that day (Jacobsen and the other one) and I we went two-up. I remember swearing my head off that I hadn't gone because that was bound to happen. Wrexham then scored three just to remind me that it was never toning to happen. Oh, and I won't be going to either Huddersfield match on a night game. I'll settle for the three points n he league.

It was indeed 1980; Johnny Ostergaard was the name of the other Dane - marginally less useless than his compatriot Jacobsen. Johnny O apparently scored a blinder in the League game at Wrexham. He had a curious running style: his feet seemingly barely lifting off the turf, as though he was skating. Back in Denmark he was indeed an ice hockey player of some repute.

• Options
    a tie neither club would have wanted - high risk and little reward
    not a game that many addicks will attend
    we can only hope the squad for the oxford game goes and does a similar job
  • Options
    if the tickets are less then £15 for adults and Charlton do valley away, i will go
  • Options
    Thoughts currently are " To go, or not to go...that is the question "
  • Options
    fancy a cup run so maybe might make the trip - the reward could be a decent third round tie - as per another thread the club could make a few quid
  • Options

fancy a cup run so maybe might make the trip - the reward could be a decent third round tie - as per another thread the club could make a few quid

My thoughts exactly, it's my birthday on the day too so hoping for some luck!

• Options

if the tickets are less then £15 for adults and Charlton do valley away, i will go

they are a 10er and valley away is 24 and weve been given an allocation of 4000
  • Options
    Anyone here going along to this?

I shall be making the short trip across the M62. Actually hoping a lot of the development squad get to play, this is their chance to step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easy, go up there with a strong team and do our best
  • Options
    If Hamer really does have a damaged finger then rest him, at least to the bench, put DeVitte and Cort together, Sordell for Yann otherwise keep as is
  • Options
    Think we sould play a few of the side U21, the likes of poyet, piggot, pope etc the experience is a must for them who knows we might need them during the season
  • Options
    The U21's (development squad) have a game against Crystal Palace on Wendsday, so i think it will be roughly the same team as against Oxford in the last round.
  • Options
    If Vaughan starts I think we'll get stuffed, the guys on fire at the moment.
  • Options
    Would like to see a similar team to the Oxford game except maybe Pope to start.

Not overly fussed about the result as long as we don't get stuffed, would still love a win but more important for the young players to get 90minutes first team football and hopefully prove they are ready.

Good chance for Evina to put in a good performance and put real pressure on Wiggins
  • Options
    The team I think Powell will play

Hamer
    Wilson Dervite Wood Evina
    Green Hollands Stephens Cook
    Sordell Pigott
  • Options
    I think Stevo's injured
  • Options
    Vaughn's on fire, God help us.
  • Options
    I have just had a moment of inspiration or madness not sure which...

Was driving down from Scotland overnight Tuesday to Kent. Usually leave 22:00 drive with a couple of leg stretching breaks to Sidcup, 8hrs 15 mins is a personal best.

What if... I leave Scotland 15:00 ish, pull off the M6 at jct 30 onto the M61 towards Uddersfield. Go to the Uddersfield v Charlton u21 match and then continue on down (trying to find the M1) towards London?

Mad? Do I love the lads enough?

Hmmmm...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was driving down from Scotland overnight Tuesday to Kent. Usually leave 22:00 drive with a couple of leg stretching breaks to Sidcup, 8hrs 15 mins is a personal best.

What if... I leave Scotland 15:00 ish, pull off the M6 at jct 30 onto the M61 towards Uddersfield. Go to the Uddersfield v Charlton u21 match and then continue on down (trying to find the M1) towards London?

Hmmmm...

Go for it Soapster.

• Options

Hmmmm...

Do it !

As for the League Cup game. I'd play the strongest team available to us, we need momentum badly to get us going and I think picking a weakened team and a defeat is only going to make things worse.
  • Options
    A bad defeat on Tuesday is going to make the atmosphere on Saturday poisonous.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pettgra said:

Absolute Pox. Which of those muppets pulled us out. Mind you, perhaps we could come to an agreement to play our U21 sides, then we will be ok.

Just for this one or all fixtures ?

Why the moaning?

My prediction...we play Cousins, Fox, Piggot, Jordan, Pope and Poyet, win 4-0 against the Hudds first team. Powell realises this lot are all already Prem quality players.

In the last days of the transfer window we sell Wiggi and Kermy and Jacko as they are clearly now all surplus to requirements. We use the 10M raised from sales to pay off a chunk of debt improving long term viability of the club, the 'younguns' take up their rightful places in the first team and carry us to the title and also go on to beat Utd in the 4th round.

Get in, love this draw...it is the making of the club.

Wow, I hadn't looked at it like that, can i have some of what your smoking please AC?
    And me .... it has a good aroma and I don't even smoke anymore ;)
    Made me smile AC. nice one ;)
  • Options

Hmmmm...

ROADTRIIIPPPPP got to be done !!
  • Options
    Play the kids plus Wiggins and Morrison - to teach them a lesson.
  • Options
    Am in Huddersfield on business Tuesday. Having nothing to do Tuesday night , staying right by the ground and the company I am visiting has a corporate box and has invited me.

Gonna give it a miss.
  • Options
    Beat them, get a great draw in the next round.
  • Options
    Play the team that played on Saturday. It's not as if they'd be too tired.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Am in Huddersfield on business Tuesday. Having nothing to do Tuesday night , staying right by the ground and the company I am visiting has a corporate box and has invited me.

Gonna give it a miss.

Business in Huddersfield ? Are you a drug dealer ?