Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

huddersfield away league cup...... thoughts

Comments

• Options

on sale tomorrow. season ticket holders can apply for a maximum of 1,000 tickets each.

lol
  • Options

Also, would rather do this than the league game 3 weeks later as it'll probably work out a lot cheaper for me, and I think we'd have more chance of winning!

How do you work that one out ?
  • Options
    FFS zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    withdraw from the Cup with immediate effect.

you wanna feck us around, we'll screw your whole Cup competition, you tossers.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Also, would rather do this than the league game 3 weeks later as it'll probably work out a lot cheaper for me, and I think we'd have more chance of winning!

How do you work that one out ?
    Well I'm hoping that the tickets will be cheaper than the league game and I'm hoping Huddersfield decide to play a weakened squad for the cup. I know we probably will too but going by that game against Oxford we probably played better with our reserves than we would have done with the starting XI against Bournemouth.
  • Options
    disappointing .. but one we can win
  • Options
    It does just feel as though whatever we do, whether it be challenge for League One promotion or advancing in a cup - Huddersfield are ALWAYS lurking. So so bored of playing them over the past 5 years.
  • Options

I suppose it is, at least, winnable. It gives some of our fringe players another game, and against similar opposition (same division).

At home might have been better, although with the sub 5k gate for Oxford I doubt we would have made any money.

I would like to think we will beat them and then get a cracking away draw to one of the really big clubs. Then we can make a little money and go out gracefully - and have a fun away trip!

This - except we need a home tie ... if it's away you can imagine the sub standard turnout as their fans think why are we going to watch Big Team Utd beat little 'ol Charlton. I would really like a decent 3rd round home tie - reminiscent of the 70s with mid week games vs QPR, West Ham and Chelsea - give our younger fans a taste of a really big game
  • Options
    I don't disagree with your logic, but I'd like a day out at one of the big clubs, personally.

• Options
    cafctom said:

It does just feel as though whatever we do, whether it be challenge for League One promotion or advancing in a cup - Huddersfield are ALWAYS lurking. So so bored of playing them over the past 5 years.

I'd imagine they feel exactly the same way about us mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No cup run, well ,not until F.A. Cup. .....endof dot com
  • Options

cafctom said:

I'd imagine they feel exactly the same way about us mate.
    Possibly, but at least they get a night out in London when they come down our gaff
  • Options
    Only an hour or so drive for me but even I'm a bit 'meh'. Still, I should go and fly the flag.
  • Options

on sale tomorrow. season ticket holders can apply for a maximum of 1,000 tickets each.

Is there any priority for Valley Gold?
  • Options
    Such a disappointment. A team in our league, away, who we played in the FA Cup (and lost to) last year. Couldn't be much worse
  • Options

Such a disappointment. A team in our league, away, who we played in the FA Cup (and lost to) last year. Couldn't be much worse

Who we are also playing away on a Tuesday night again 3 weeks following...
  • Options

Off_it said:

Bloody hell, check you lot out.

Most of you wouldn't have gone no matter who we'd been draw against away from home. Given the seeding, etc, just what were you expecting - Barcelona away?

I won't be going. Had we of drawn a more local side away from home I would of. Can't understand why they don't regionalise the first 3 rounds of the League Cup. Increases chances of local derbies, easier for people to travel and might boost attendances.
    Very good point. Far too good for the idiots who run English football.

• Options
    I'll be there.
  • Options
    Why the moaning?

My prediction...we play Cousins, Fox, Piggot, Jordan, Pope and Poyet, win 4-0 against the Hudds first team. Powell realises this lot are all already Prem quality players.

In the last days of the transfer window we sell Wiggi and Kermy and Jacko as they are clearly now all surplus to requirements. We use the 10M raised from sales to pay off a chunk of debt improving long term viability of the club, the 'younguns' take up their rightful places in the first team and carry us to the title and also go on to beat Utd in the 4th round.

Get in, love this draw...it is the making of the club.
  • Options

Why the moaning?

My prediction...we play Cousins, Fox, Piggot, Jordan, Pope and Poyet, win 4-0 against the Hudds first team. Powell realises this lot are all already Prem quality players.

In the last days of the transfer window we sell Wiggi and Kermy and Jacko as they are clearly now all surplus to requirements. We use the 10M raised from sales to pay off a chunk of debt improving long term viability of the club, the 'younguns' take up their rightful places in the first team and carry us to the title and also go on to beat Utd in the 4th round.

Get in, love this draw...it is the making of the club.

Wow, I hadn't looked at it like that, can i have some of what your smoking please AC?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Revenge time. COYR's
  • Options
    A dull draw for us but an even duller draw for them cos they'll have to go and see it
    We'll do well to bring 5% of what Bradford took there the other night
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Good luck Huddersfield in the 3rd round...
  • Options
    ...........Thoughts

Winable
  • Options
    I am immediately reminded of the F A Cup 3rd round draw at Wrexham (1980?). Travelled up there for the 6-0 pummelling and wild horses weren't going to get me back there the following week for the league fixture. We played the newly arrived Great Danes that day (Jacobsen and the other one) and I we went two-up. I remember swearing my head off that I hadn't gone because that was bound to happen. Wrexham then scored three just to remind me that it was never toning to happen. Oh, and I won't be going to either Huddersfield match on a night game. I'll settle for the three points n he league.
  • Options
    Cup games are a big no no for me unless it's for a new ground.
    Don't even bother with the homes....sorry
  • Options
    My thoughts - CP will play the reserves so a good opportunity to play a first team game away from home. On paper we are about the same as Huddersfield so it'll be a good test for the players who aren't first choice starters and an opportunity for them to demonstrate that they can cut it at Championship level.
  • Options

A dull draw for us but an even duller draw for them cos they'll have to go and see it

Target for Huddersfield Cap One Cup. 197 fans to make 5% of what Bradford brought!

• Options

Target for Huddersfield Cap One Cup. 197 fans to make 5% of what Bradford brought!

Lowest away turnout this season without doubt