Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peruvian drugs mules

Stitched up and forced to do it by gangsters or using it as a convenient excuse after stupidly agreeing to do it and getting caught?

Comments

• Options
    Can't imagine what they are going through, may have been forced or may have just been plain stupid. Either way no one had a gun to there head as they tried to board that plane, they should have alerted police as soon as they got into the airport and perhaps people may believe there 'forced' story.
  • Options
    Haven't made my mind up yet but veering towards the latter at the moment. One thing I do know is that I don't envy them doing time in a Peruvian jail.
  • Options
    Latter got caught out trying to make quick buck in my view. But innocent until proven etc. etc.
  • Options
    This is what i don't get, the fact they disappeared for days and didn't post anything on facebook/twitter etc leads me to think they may have been forced into it, but on the other hand as J Block says, there weren't any gangsters there making them board the plane. Why not tell the police?

Unless they can produce decent evidence they were forced to do it surely they'll be sent down or it sends a message to others, try your luck and if you're caught out just say you were forced by armed gangsters.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Almost certainly the latter, in the situation they pose as being the reality, the second I was out of their hands and in the airport I would be letting everyone in that airport know what had happened, they're Peruvian drug dealers for gods sake, its not like they are based in the UK and can harm them if they tell the police. Pretty sure their story will crumble.
  • Options
    Were they in Ibiza then went to Peru? Or did they go to Peru from the UK?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

They went from Ibiza to Peru reportedly, then made a return trip from Lima to another town in Peru, and got caught in Lima attempting to get on a flight back to Spain.
  • Options
    I reckon the latter, offered some wedge for a few days work and have now paid a serious price. How much did they say the coke was worth, 1.5m?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

They went from Ibiza to Peru reportedly, then made a return trip from Lima to another town in Peru, and got caught in Lima attempting to get on a flight back to Spain.
    Oh then they are definitely guilty. Assured of an easy job and the rest of their Ibiza season paid for and money left over!
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Oh then they are definitely guilty. Assured of an easy job and the rest of their Ibiza season paid for and money left over!
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They were in Ibiza partying it up why would they leave there to go to Peru not for a holiday or sightseeing but specifically to bring the drugs back it's a no brainer, they've just given the standard excuse that all drug mules give
  • Options
    The `excuses' are pathetic. Guilty as sin.
  • Options
    Anyone see the cocaine docu about Peru on BBC3 Monday night? They visited a few Brits in prison over there who had tried the same thing and got caught. Looked proper grotty.

If Ibiza wasn't part of this story then it would be a bit more believable, clearly been talked into doing it with the promises of a decent payday.
  • Options
    I think I see that. Was it with that stacey dooley bird.

Couldnt believe how easy it was to make coca as they call it.
  • Options
    Only slightly related but the book Marching Powder is AMAZING.
  • Options
    If you are dumb enough to do it then you havr to pay the consequences of getting caught. No sympathy here they deserve what they get! Idiots
  • Options

If you are dumb enough to do it then you havr to pay the consequences of getting caught. No sympathy here they deserve what they get! Idiots

Well yeah they deserve it but they haven't been convicted at the present time
    so spare a thought for them ( should they be innocent) and having to wait for such a prolonged amount of time to have a fair trail.
  • Options
    Report on the radio this morning said they were befriended by a 'cockney' drug dealer in Ibiza, who then 'handed' them over to South American dealers, from then on they were on a slippery slope which was always likely to end badly.
    They are what 19/20...wonder how old they will be when they get out of Peru? Assuming they are found guilty.
  • Options

Report on the radio this morning said they were befriended by a 'cockney' drug dealer in Ibiza, who then 'handed' them over to South American dealers, from then on they were on a slippery slope which was always likely to end badly.
    They are what 19/20...wonder how old they will be when they get out of Peru? Assuming they are found guilty.

I was listening to LBC yesterday and a caller, a British woman previously in Thailand (yes, different country but similar idea) was first sentenced to death, which was then reduced to life in prison over there, she spent 4 years in a Thai jail and then had her sentence moved over to Britain, she served 3 more years and was then released.

From death penalty to 7 years....
  • Options

That's about Bolivia but is an amazing read
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

That's about Bolivia but is an amazing read
    I did say only slightly related.
  • Options

Saw on the news last night it was a 'bloke from Manchester' who supplies 'drug girls' to gangs.
  • Options
    JT said:

Anyone see the cocaine docu about Peru on BBC3 Monday night? They visited a few Brits in prison over there who had tried the same thing and got caught. Looked proper grotty.

If Ibiza wasn't part of this story then it would be a bit more believable, clearly been talked into doing it with the promises of a decent payday.

yup, the Brit geezer they interviewed said he'd be paid £5k for a kilo smuggled back and if he came back with anything on top, he could do what he liked with it,. he was caught with 1.7 k's and said he stood to make £20k in total i think it was.

must admit, having watched that programme the night before and when this story broke and mentioned Peru the morning after, i immediately thought "guilty". lucky for them, i won't be on the jury.
  • Options
    As all the above states, there seems to be a legion of willing people, who for a bit of cash, will take the risk. Why risk coercing someone with threatened violence when you can pay them a pittance of the total value to do it willingly?
  • Options
    Because they are only 19 and 20 and stupid. Many years ago i knew someone who did it from Ibiza for 1500. Luckily for her she was coming into the UK and was marijuana. Hoping the 1500 would then pay for her next season in Teneriffe. Flipping stupid for that price and the shame it brought. Ridiculous in fact when i look back on it. Miserable for all her family and friends as well as her of course.

Having said that back when i was 21 i was queuing to check in at Sydney airport and a bloke in the queue behind me asked if he could feel how heavy my rucksack was. It was heavier than his suitcase. He asked me if we could swap bags as he would get done for overweight baggage but i wouldn't as i was a backpacker or some other cock and bull story. I looked at him as if he was completely mental and told the lady at the check in desk as i went on my way. weirdo.
  • Options

Agreed, great book.

Back to these girls though, the video footage is quite surprising. Considering what they face you'd expect them to at least be crying or upset. In one clip, one of the girls is smiling. Bizarre behaviour. I'm not sure i'd be smiling if i faced 10-15 years in a Peruvian prison.
  • Options
    Yes, especially if risk is understated
  • Options
    Anyone that age knows the risks of smuggling drugs.

You cannot say they are young/naive and didnt understand the consequences.

• Options
    Stupid silly girls.
  • Options
    back when i was 19 i would have done it all by the time i got to the check-in desk.