Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peruvian drugs mules

Comments

• Options

WTF was she thinking? Disguising yourself as Mickey Mouse was never going to work.

the next question is WOULD YA

Before or after 15 years in a Peruvian prison?
    I'd say about halfway through their sentences, they'd be gagging for it.
  • Options

I just don't understand the economics of it all. You're not meant to take cocaine BACK to South America, especially when you could get an absolute packet for it in Ibiza.

They were caught at Lima airport boarding a flight to bring it into Spain.
    Suddenly this all makes far more sense.
  • Options
    They were probably told that the chances of being caught were very low - but that doesn't make them innocent. If they had been coerced at gunpoint, they could have spilled the beans whilst on the plane. That is what any of us would have done in that situation.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    if you can sell a Kilo of coke for 44k roughly i would have tought about 3-4 grand a Kilo is thew going rate VG so if they are getting 10k then its a fair few kgs coming in
  • Options
    I wouldn't have the arse to attempt it, no matter how skint I was. Midnight Express did it for me.
  • Options
    I think they chanced their arm based on the lefty look after the crooks attitude we have.Know they will find out how it should be done!
  • Options
    Two less Chavs cluttering up Ibiza this summer.........................................
  • Options
    They were coerced into going to Peru, apparently. Where they collected from is a town full of young, impressionable backpackers, many of whom will be indulging in a bit of jazz salt and in doing so dealing with shady characters.

Why then, would an organised crime syndicate pay for 2 return flights from Europe when they can nab some gap year wanker who's staggering around Cusco pissed after two beers because of the altitude? There would be hundreds, maybe a couple of thousand potential targets in a concentrated area.

In short, sod 'em.
  • Options

Midnight Express did it for me.

This

• Options
    Addickted said:

Midnight Express did it for me.

This

Yeah, but he escaped :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But he had a bottom like a battered old wind sock.
  • Options
    My theory is that they had had a summer of freebies off a dealer who wanted his money back and this was the easiest way to do it.
  • Options

My theory is that they had had a summer of freebies off a dealer who wanted his money back and this was the easiest way to do it.

More likely that they were two muppets who thought that a summer in a holiday resort doing bar work was a lot harder than they anticipated and that this get rich quick scheme seemed like a good idea and would fund their fun for another few months. Like many criminals they either didn't think that they would get caught or were prepared to take the risk.

• Options
    Or just imagined that a flaky excuse would convince the authorities
  • Options
    Or are just thick as pigshit in general
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Pretty much everybody that goes to do a Season in Ibiza will end up selling drugs. Easiest way to make money on the Island.
  • Options
    True say
  • Options

Only slightly related but the book Marching Powder is AMAZING.

Seconded - a cracking read.
  • Options
    Now maybe people will see his true colors?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done the job as they thought it'd pay for another day in paradise
  • Options
    Will they get away with it in the end? It's against all odds in my opinion.
  • Options
    still, it's nice and warm out there so no jacket required
  • Options
    It's understandable that they didn't know what was happening. Peru is a land of confusion
  • Options
    Being that this will end in court I suppose we should hear Both Sides of the Story.
  • Options

Pretty much everybody that goes to do a Season in Ibiza will end up selling drugs. Easiest way to make money on the Island.

Not at all, most people who do a season will end up doing it, most don't ever sell it
  • Options
    When they finally get released, I understand they are staying for one more night.
  • Options
    They were going to be let out on remand but the judge said you'll have to stay one more night.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    J BLOCK said:

Not at all, most people who do a season will end up doing it, most don't ever sell it
    90% of workers i met out there, the last 5 years ive been, are able to get you drugs and will take money for it.
  • Options
    Drug dealers and smugglers, scum of the earth. Wish the punishments were heavier.