Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Takeover in the offing (almost official confirmation)

An interesting quote from Paul Ince as Blackpool announced Fuller's signing....

"Speaking to Chris Powell, they wanted to sign him but they are waiting for a takeover to take place so he was disappointed to lose him, but it's a chance for him to come and show what he can do"

http://mobile.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/ince-fuller-just-what-we-need-993860.aspx?pd=635121805600000000

Comments

• Options
    Why is he opening his trap and putting it at risk? Pratt
  • Options
    Waiting doesn't mean it'll happen soon...
  • Options
    Good spot. Well done.
  • Options
    We're all waiting for a takeover, doesn't mean that it's gonna happen soon.
  • Options
    Great spot.
  • Options
    Powell to be suspended for breach of confidentiality?
  • Options
    I would interpret that as recognising that Charlton 'need' a takeover not that one is imminent.
  • Options

I would interpret that as recognising that Charlton 'need' a takeover not that one is imminent.

Yup - waiting to happen, not waiting to be completed

• Options
    Could be referring to the one that collapsed in June but interesting all the same.

• Options
    What the hell does Ince know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    That was aimed at CP and PI by the way and not people talking on here.
  • Options
    Ince misheard what CP said.
    What he actually said was he would love to have Fuller back but the transfer budget wouldn't even pay for a takeaway.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

What the hell does Ince know?

Probably what Powell told him I'd guess?

• Options

Ince misheard what CP said.
    What he actually said was he would love to have Fuller back but the transfer budget wouldn't even pay for a takeaway.

Pmsl
  • Options
    Powell and Ince their A licence together in June. Could be based on a discussion they had at that time?
  • Options
    Interesting how ince seems to feel the need to justify why we didn't keep him - presumably to answer to any fans who might look at his scoring record/injury record from last season and not be impressed.
    It's all game playing - if a takeover was imminent, I can't imagine Powell potentially raising N'guessans hope (rumours thread) with a potential move from smallwall - I'd hope he'd have better targets.
    Unless of course we're that screwed financially that a new investor might be needed to just keep us afloat and not invest in better players than N'guessan - who knows!
  • Options
    More likely what Powell told Fuller, or what Fuller has heard, and has then told his new boss. Why would Powell tell Ince? He wouldn't have even been involved in the move and said the other day he hasn't heard from Fuller in weeks.
  • Options
    Well unlike the million other takeover rumours, the administration, the threat of extinction and Powell leaving, I think this will definitely happen.
  • Options
    Ince probably asked Fuller why we're we not keeping him and he probably said

"They can't afford me, until there's a takeover, but I can't wait that long"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 - Paul Ince is a fucking idiot. Seriously - have you ever heard him speak? He makes Jonathan Woodgate sound like Stephen Fry

2 - Even if what he says is true, it might just be a case of Powell telling Fuller he can't afford him under the current regime (not exactly a secret that we're cutting costs) and unless we're taken over that means he'd have to find another club.
  • Options

"Speaking to Chris Powell, they wanted to sign him but they are waiting for a takeover to take place so he was disappointed to lose him, but it's a chance for him to come in a show what he can do."

I'd say that clearly implies that Ince and Powell talked directly no?
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

"Speaking to Chris Powell, they wanted to sign him but they are waiting for a takeover to take place so he was disappointed to lose him, but it's a chance for him to come in a show what he can do."

I'd say that clearly implies that Ince and Powell talked directly no?

It IMPLIES that, sure. But, see point 1 in my last post.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    "Dem cyaan afford I-yah, 'cah de money gwaan way until de new boss reach. But mi nah wait long-time, so haffi cum ya, seen?"
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

"Dem cyaan afford I-yah, 'cah de money gwaan way until de new boss reach. But mi nah wait long-time, so haffi cum ya, seen?"

Never knew Fuller was Welsh
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

LoOkOuT said:

Never knew Fuller was Welsh
    lol

• Options
    We've been waiting for a take over for 18 months...
  • Options
    Still a very strange thing for both Ince and Powell to have said.
  • Options

Not in the slightest.

Powell hasn't the funds to sign Fuller

Fullers agent touts him round clubs

Ince is keen, phones up Powell for the usual sp (is he fit, how does he train, what sort of character, why you not resigning him etc)

Powell said he wanted to, but there's no funds, waiting for a takeover etc)

• Options

Not in the slightest.

Powell hasn't the funds to sign Fuller

Fullers agent touts him round clubs

Ince is keen, phones up Powell for the usual sp (is he fit, how does he train, what sort of character, why you not resigning him etc)

Powell said he wanted to, but there's no funds, waiting for a takeover etc)

Plausible way of seeing things but I just think the term takeover is an odd one to use if you actually think it could be now or never. Why not say "we wanted to sign him but there's no money" why put takeover into the sentence. It's odd.