Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Takeover in the offing (almost official confirmation)

Comments

• Options

Massively blown out of proportion this thread, clear that Ince meant we're waiting for one.

Not clear to me. The thing is, it doesn't mean anything is imminent, just to me that something is going on. Indeed if it was imminent, Fuller may have been persuaded to hang on.
    I hope you're right but IMO it means nothing, he's probably heard the club's up for sale, that's all.
  • Options
    This has kept me very amused, people flapping over the fact Ince repeated something that's been known for months!

Christ we really have hit desperate times!
  • Options

Massively blown out of proportion this thread, clear that Ince meant we're waiting for one.

Not clear to me. The thing is, it doesn't mean anything is imminent, just to me that something is going on. Indeed if it was imminent, Fuller may have been persuaded to hang on.
    I hope you're right but IMO it means nothing, he's probably heard the club's up for sale, that's all.

Yes he's heard it's up for sale, no surprise there, but it was who he heard it from that is interesting. Not definitive but interesting.
  • Options

Yes he's heard it's up for sale, no surprise there, but it was who he heard it from that is interesting. Not definitive but interesting.

Agreed, its more facts than we normally get excitied over!
  • Options
    We feed off ANY scraps !
  • Options
    DRF said:

I personally don't get that excited over such things but then again it was me who coined the phrase "believe it when you see it on the OS"

You on the other hand seem to get very excited and I have to say creative in the way you formulate explanations which show why there is nothing at all odd or over which anyone should be concerned.

Live, love, laugh and be happy (or bib bib bibidy bob) ; - )

• Options
    DRFDRF
    edited August 2013

DRF said:

I personally don't get that excited over such things but then again it was me who coined the phrase "believe it when you see it on the OS"

You on the other hand seem to get very excited and I have to say creative in the way you formulate explanations which show why there is nothing at all odd or over which anyone should be concerned.

Live, love, laugh and be happy (or bib bib bibidy bob) ; - )

You'll be pleased to hear that I have not submitted to peer pressure (or indeed fact) and still insist on singing Bob Bob Bobbedy Bob bob.

I'm not sure excited it exactly the word I would use for myself rather then the collective in which I was inferring it, given that most of the time I am suggesting there is nothing the speculation to get excited about. Which is why I was suprised at myself in this post as I thought there was perhaps something in what was said, simply because it is so unsual for a manager to go into that kind of detail. Its normally just 'we got him, they wanted him, but couldn't afford him.' To specify a reason for not being able to afford it struck me as unsual.

But as even I appear to be swimming against the tide of opinion on CL, probably for the same reason as I insist on singing the wrong words to Red Robin. A little bit of ignorance, a lot of stubborness and a little dash of deliberate antagonism.
  • Options
    Jesus christ, get me a beer.
  • Options
    I thought this was a forum to discuss things like this. It isn't a question of getting excited- we know there have been a number of potential takeovers that have fallen by the wayside in recent times and this comment suggested that something is going on. Whether it amounts to anything - well it is right not to get our hopes up but if we don't discuss things like this we might as well shut the forum down!!!
  • Options

I thought this was a forum to discuss things like this. It isn't a question of getting excited- we know there have been a number of potential takeovers that have fallen by the wayside in recent times and this comment suggested that something is going on. Whether it amounts to anything - well it is right not to get our hopes up but if we don't discuss things like this we might as well shut the forum down!!!

Bing bang on the money post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been on a Doncaster forum and they seem to know more about our takeover then we do.

Good time to play them as they're on the verge of a mega investment! Could well happen very soon, but likely before xmas. So after then they'll have money bags players, and just before then the current bunch will be playing for their footballing season.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=241824.0
  • Options
    Dear gods I hope so. Otherwise come January we're in trouble.
  • Options
    Not new information has been written previously that takeover hopes to be complete by January, but no concrete news could still be a long way off.
  • Options
    Sounds like someone reading about us and thinking the takeover rumours are all true. Then sensationalising a bit.

Ill believe it when it happens and We sign a Brazilian
  • Options
    Might ask the wife, nearest I am likely to get to see a brazilian in the near future!
  • Options
    This mega investment story - is it the one that Reams has been talking about on In to the Valley? I'm not saying its wrong, just that it may not represent a new story thats all.
  • Options
    Late bid for Bale?
  • Options
    & Willian
  • Options
    Great thanks for the heads up, I will bookmark that site as they are obviously in the know.
  • Options
    I'll believe it when it's on their OS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are people excited about a takeover , whose to say things would be better or worse or different than they currently are?
  • Options

Why are people excited about a takeover , whose to say things would be better or worse or different than they currently are?

Hope and dreams?
  • Options

Possibly. But it is now abundantly clear that this lot want out. I don't think the future's too bright if they're still here a few months down the line.

• Options

Apparently Charlton F.C. have issued a press release stating that they are sure something will turn up!

Indeed, on the back of the previous release about finding a croc of gold at the end of the rainbow one day.
    Those bloody reptiles will eat anything! I'm still looking for the gator of gold me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Because in committing to the financial investment required, you would hope and expect new owners to know the reality of costs in the championship, to have a plan and to have the money to keeps us going.

It is of course not guaranteed, but what is.
  • Options

Because too many people are impatient and expect the five year plan to happen in three.

Also people expect a new board to have no new ideas and behave in exactly the same way as the old one, with the same members of staff and the same level of communication as the old one but with more money, which is pretty unreasonable.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Because too many people are impatient and expect the five year plan to happen in three.

Also people expect a new board to have no new ideas and behave in exactly the same way as the old one, with the same members of staff and the same level of communication as the old one but with more money, which is pretty unreasonable.
    But there is no five year plan. Slater and Jimenez never said there was and Murray confirmed this.

And yes I do expect the board to treat staff decently and if they want to move them on them make them redundant and pay them off rather than trying to make a false economy of dismissing them on bogus grounds.

As for more money, not since Kevin Cash pulled out in March 2012.

But any new owners should be put under the same scrutiny as the current board and their motives, plans and resources examined.
  • Options

Chrispy51 said:

Seeing as it's you.Source?
  • Options

Chrispy51 said:

Seeing as it's you.Source?
    Seeing as it's you, no thanks : - )

• Options
    edited August 2013
    What's good for the goose is not always what's good for the duck.