Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Crawford for me.
  • Options
    I completely forgot Burns still had the title (a joke imo).

Needs an outstanding performance to get anything from Crawford.
  • Options
    Burns has looked well ropey last two fights

Crawford looks decent, I hope Burns turns it on but I think a curtain might come down tonight
  • Options
    Think we are watching the end of Ricky's career here.
  • Options
    Getting a going over.
  • Options
    Yep having his arse handed to him

• Options
    If this one gets scored a draw then we can categorically state that boxing is fixed!
  • Options
    Oh I dunno, a cold glaswegian word in the ear of the judges should do the trick. The last three rounds Crawford has won by a mile.

'Now that was a burns round wee man'

Seriously he needs to conjure up a knockout here
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone else noticed last night but the ref's counts were proper fast. Mind you I bet the fella Joshua beat was quite glad of the quick count.
  • Options
    Watched De Gale last night as well and he irritates the shit out of me. He won though and looks like he will get a shot at the World title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lomachenko lost by SD.
    Only the 2nd defeat of his entire boxing career.
    Attempted to win world title in his 2nd pro fight
  • Options

Lomachenko lost by SD.
    Only the 2nd defeat of his entire boxing career.
    Attempted to win world title in his 2nd pro fight

Even though he was possibly the best amateur boxer of all time going for a title in your second pro fight is a very big gamble.

@buckshee‌ yeah I thought the refs were being a bit swift too. Nothing made of it but it struck me as overly quick. Almost panicky

• Options
    That Haskins looked quite useful to me. What do others think?
  • Options
    Lee Haskins is a very tricksy slippery fighter. Can be awful to watch but is decent. My mate stopped him in the amateurs. He got stopped by a belgian last year fighting for the European title
  • Options
    Easier than starting a new thread. De Gale v Dirrell on now. Decent opening round from De Gale, could be very tight match up.
  • Options
    Wow! That was Dirrell's round all the way. Cut De Gale with a great punch. With seconds left De Gale decks him with a huge left and Dirrell is saved only by the bell. Doesn't know where he is!
  • Options
    Cagey 3rd round, but De Gale finishes stronger and should take that as well. Dirrell recovered well between the rounds, but looks like he can't take too many more of these big punches from James.
  • Options
    Flat 4th & Dirrell finally finds his feet in the 5th. Takes the round, but he was 5 points down after 3 anyway. james did finish well again though.
  • Options
    Lovely 6th by James. Great right cuts Dirrell's cheek & then some more, with a very good left towards end of round. He should be taking more advantage of his power here De Gale.
  • Options
    can someone shut Jim Watt up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

can someone shut Jim Watt up.

Been wishing that for years!
  • Options
    Dirrell is always going to be a dangerous fighter, so far DeGale's got it spot on.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Dirrell is always going to be a dangerous fighter, so far DeGale's got it spot on.

Showed it there. Has come back really well having looked like his legs had gone in the 2nd. De Gale may regret not making more of his power early on.
  • Options
    I have the last 4 rounds going to Dirrell. He's turned it right round and could be just a point down or even level. De Gale just isn't doing any work at all. Can't win a world title away from home like this.
  • Options
    For once I make jim watt right

Degale is allowing dirrell to pinch these rounds by being lazy
  • Options
    Better in the 11th from De Gale. All in the balance for the last round and that says a lot for Dirrell after those earlier rounds.
  • Options
    I think De Gale may just, only just have this, but just heard one judge had Dirrell up by 3!!
  • Options
    What fight was the Canadian watching?
  • Options
    Unanimous for DeGale. 114-112 from 2 judges and the Canadian was obviously smoking some maple leaves...giving it to James by 8! Good fight. He just about deserved it, but nearly regretted not taking advantage of his power in the earlier rounds.
  • Options
    Interested what people make of the Horn V Pac fight . Seem to be a lot saying it was a robbery , I had Horn winning by a round .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!