Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Fight scores have collected 280 scores so far.
    Average is 115-113 to Pacquiao.
  • Options
    Watched this morning... HAd Pac by 3 rounds
  • Options
    Opinions are subjective . I can see why some may have Pac by a round or maybe even two but to say it was a robbery is a joke.
  • Options
    Best thing in boxing is Dillian Whyte's videos for IFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqgRRYbpQe4
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    buckshee said:

Opinions are subjective . I can see why some may have Pac by a round or maybe even two but to say it was a robbery is a joke.

One judge had it 117-111.

Interesting that the event started at 8am local time with the main event at 1:30pm.
  • Options

buckshee said:

One judge had it 117-111.

Interesting that the event started at 8am local time with the main event at 1:30pm.
    Whoever that judge was needs to be had a word with , it was a round or two either way at very most.
  • Options
    Haven't seen the fight, but fight stats say pac landed twice as many punches. That suggests to me the result was harsh
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    115-113 pac.

Fair play to Horn regardless.

Actually think him winning has taken all his credit from a great performance.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Haven't seen the fight, but fight stats say pac landed twice as many punches. That suggests to me the result was harsh

Stats are done by one persons opinion pressing a button , no more relevant than any other option frankly.

Those stats said Pac landed twenty more punches than Horn in the first round!

I thought the ref was terrible , he let Horn get away with excessive use of the head and to tell Horn he might pull him out after one bad round (round 9) amazed me.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ohara Davis to KO Josh Taylor @ 11/4 is where my money is invested tonight.
    On channel 5 should anyone be interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper fight this.
    Been looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Could count the number of straight shots that Ohara throw on one hand.
    Taylor is class.
    Him v Burns would be massive for Scotland. Think he'd win that too.
  • Options
    Cracking fight that
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Anyone else really excited for the Super Series to start?
    Crusierweights especially.

Super Middleweight is ok, but only have 1 world champion and without DeGale and Ramierez the winner would still need to beat them to be considered number 1 imo.

Cruiserweight on the other hand, fantastic.
    All 4 world champions signed up plus 2 former champs and Perez down from Heavyweight who I've liked for ages.
    One of these guys will end up with all 4 titles, that in itself is awesome.
    Usyk is rightly favourite, the guys a monster
  • Options
    Speaking of all 4 world titles, Crawford (WBC & WBO) v Indongo (WBA & IBF) next month, worth a mention as it doesn't happen often.
    Undisputed Light Welterwight Champion.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Davies talked the talk but did not walk the walk. Only other thing from the fight was that maybe someone should teach Howerd Foster what a low blow is , far too many on both sides.

Anyone else really excited for the Super Series to start?
    Crusierweights especially.

Super Middleweight is ok, but only have 1 world champion and without DeGale and Ramierez the winner would still need to beat them to be considered number 1 imo.

Cruiserweight on the other hand, fantastic.
    All 4 world champions signed up plus 2 former champs and Perez down from Heavyweight who I've liked for ages.
    One of these guys will end up with all 4 titles, that in itself is awesome.
    Usyk is rightly favourite, the guys a monster

What was that draw all about? Proper weird , we were told that the winner of Eubank jnr and Abraham would fight in it yet Eubank snr picked the opponent?

Hopefully this won't be like last time when Froch's fights were all PPV on some moody channel. If they're going to do PPV then why not do it one price for the whole series of fights on one broadcaster?
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see what channel take it. Obviously there is a few sky sports/matchroom fighters but Eddie Hearn said the deal is you can't pick and choose fights. You have to take all 14 (7 in each weight) or none. He's not sure if Sky want to pay for all those dates when they have enough of their own dates to fill
  • Options
    About ten mins of crowd punch ups at the Copper Box last night. Boxing is starting to replace football in that respect
  • Options

About ten mins of crowd punch ups at the Copper Box last night. Boxing is starting to replace football in that respect

I went to the last event there and didn't see a single scrap apart from those in the ring , I was quite surprised by that to be honest.
  • Options
    I see channel 5 have also got the Carl Frampton fight in a few weeks. Good to see decent boxing on terrestrial tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It takes balls to box a lot of balls.

But Ohara Davies quit last night when it got a bit hard for the first time in his career.
  • Options

But Ohara Davies quit last night when it got a bit hard for the first time in his career.

Bit harsh imo. I know he is not liked, but looked to me like had lost his vision
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Bit harsh imo. I know he is not liked, but looked to me like had lost his vision
    He is claiming a nose break I think.
  • Options
    The 8 quarter finals for the World Boxing Super Series will be on 8 consecutive Saturdays starting September 9th. Callum Smiths fight will be in Liverpool on the 16th September. Groves vs Cox will be in London, date to be confirmed.
  • Options

The 8 quarter finals for the World Boxing Super Series will be on 8 consecutive Saturdays starting September 9th. Callum Smiths fight will be in Liverpool on the 16th September. Groves vs Cox will be in London, date to be confirmed.

If BT sport really want to be taken seriously then they should look no further than getting the exclusive coverage of this. Especially seeing as how there's so much U.K. interest.
  • Options
    I really hope none of them pick up injuries, this has got the potential to be brilliant. Jamie Cox will get blitzed by George Groves but fair play to him for signing up. Same with Callum Smith.
  • Options
    So this obviously means that Smith V Dirrell for the WBC title is off then as that was set for September was it not?
  • Options
    Apparently Dirrell was trying to change the date and location after contracts signed.
    Dirrell and Smith were both offered to join the WBSS and have their fight as one of the quarter finals for the WBC. Basicallly all as agreed but for a bigger purse and the winner moves to semi final. Dirrell didn't want it.
    Smith entered as even though he lost out on the WBC fight he would get bigger purses and higher profile fights in the tournament. And if he wins, which he obviously believes he will, he comes out a champion anyway and with around $10million too
  • Options

Apparently Dirrell was trying to change the date and location after contracts signed.
    Dirrell and Smith were both offered to join the WBSS and have their fight as one of the quarter finals for the WBC. Basicallly all as agreed but for a bigger purse and the winner moves to semi final. Dirrell didn't want it.
    Smith entered as even though he lost out on the WBC fight he would get bigger purses and higher profile fights in the tournament. And if he wins, which he obviously believes he will, he comes out a champion anyway and with around $10million too

See this is what annoys me , why don't the WBC step in and tell Smith and Dirrell that the quarter is for the title like it or not.
  • Options
    Sounds like Benavidez is gonna get the dirrell shot. Benavidez looks an absolute beast. Only 20 years old as well
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!