Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashes: Fifth Test

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations to Smiffy .. he is now unrecognisable from the rabbit who started the tour
  • Options
    Coming up on 400 in the first innings at the end of day 2 and with day 3 likely to be lost due to rain I cannot see anything but a draw.

What a strange game where you can play too well!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

What are Panesars personal issues? I know he got pissed up and had a slash somewhere but is that it? Seems a bit harsh.

His marriage has ended and that seems to have a knock-on effect on his form - he's averaged 40 this season against an average of ca 30 for the last two seasons. The incident at the night club seems to have been another consequence of the marriage break up. More troubling from a career perspective is that according to rumours he's argued with the powers that be at Sussex, apparently on occasions he's refused to bowl, at other times that he doesn't want to be taken off when he's bowling etc. Consequently they've sent him out on loan and by mutual agreement have ended his contract.

• Options
    Australia declare on 492-9.

• Options
    230-4 if anyone interested. Boring, boring England.
  • Options
    With the forecast weather, it's going to be even more boring for those of us there tomorrow ;-(
  • Options

With the forecast weather, it's going to be even more boring for those of us there tomorrow ;-(

See the Drinking Near The Oval thread. They do let you out & back in. That's if you bother to go in in the first place :-)
  • Options
    Thanks C E. Just one problem - I'm boringly teetotal.
  • Options

Thanks C E. Just one problem - I'm boringly teetotal.

If there's little prospect of play, it's worth exiting/ not going in in the first place.

Some years back, we left The Oval went to Chinatown had a lovely meal & got back for start of play about 3pm.

Many there were moaning when we got back, about being cold, wet & fed up :-)
  • Options
    Slow slow day at the oval today, but that's test cricket for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I pondered this morning on Facebook, that with the terrible weather today, it was a much better day for football than cricket.

It turns out I wasn't entirely correct...
  • Options
    Going to be no play today either at this rate - chucking it down.
  • Options
    Woakes = not an international standard player.
  • Options
    Hope we bat all day and Bell and Prior get tons. Just 4 runs to avoid the follow on.
  • Options
    Pah ! Super_horns, Leroy and bollox (A firm of dodgy solicitors ?).

We got bowled out, aussie's (aussies' ?) bat, and declare.

Give us 227 to chase off (minimum) 44 overs.

Go for it ?
  • Options
    Play a "one day game" ?

227 off 264 ?
  • Options
    Just don't put Trott back in as he'll try and bat for 3 days...
  • Options
    Gonna be a good finish here. 105-2

England need 122 runs from 20 overs.

Trott 42*
    Pietersen 17*
  • Options
    Fair play Clarke for dangling the carrot, absolute top decision for the crowd and spectacle, gonna be close this come on England
  • Options
    139-2. 88 needed from 16 overs.

Pietersen 45 from 30 balls
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarke didn't think we'd go for it, a calculated risk that didn't take into account that this situation was tailor made for KP. He'll be relishing every second.
  • Options
    Got his half century just as I hit send. 4-0 is better than 3-0 :)
  • Options
    Momentum going into the next lot in Nov, will be a very series that id say
  • Options
    163-3. Pietersen caught in the deep for 62.

64 needed from 9.5 overs.
  • Options
    170-4. Trott lbw for 59.

57 needed from 8.3 overs.
  • Options
    Might settle for a draw now. See if bell and Woakes fancy it
  • Options
    Well played all. Only England v Oz could turn a dull damp test into a exciting 20/20
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    36 needed from 6 overs, with 6 wickets left.
  • Options
    33 needed from 5 overs. Australia have started bowling down leg side on purpose.
  • Options
    pietersen got the fastest ashes test fifty in history off 36 balls