Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashes: Fifth Test

Comments

• Options
    english not aussie
  • Options
    No ball and a 4!
  • Options
    Worried that the umpires are gonna call this off at the end of the over...
  • Options
    Light meters on. This is gonna be a draw.
  • Options
    Prior could be the match winner here.
  • Options
    206-5. Bell run out.

21 runs needed from 4 overs. Probably irrelevant...
  • Options
    Light looks v iffy. But at least it's not rain!! I don't this very often, but fair play to Australia for making a one-dayer
    out of it
  • Options
    Game has been called off. Draw.
  • Options

Prior could be the match winner here.

Ah, no he couldn't. Going off. Daft.
  • Options
    Imagine if you had 4-0 England on a bet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    why this sport will never be a worldwide loved sport
  • Options
    Ah, well, a 3-0 Ashes win will do!
  • Options
    didn't do enough to win that test

some moody action on betfair england getting backed in while they were still batting in their first innings hmmmmm

someone knew the aussies would set a gettable target
  • Options
    Blame the ICC for a daft rule. If they don't change it now after this, they never will
  • Options
    nolly said:

why this sport will never be a worldwide loved sport

Agree. I like a bit of cricket, but it's stuff like that what's just happened that will always make people think "what the f**k?"

Ful house, game nicely poised - bang, all over. Ridiculous, whoevers "fault" it is.

• Options
    The Australians wouldn't wanted to lose - bit like wanting a game to be abandoned when you are 1-3 down?!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's a bit more like abandoning a football match after 85 minutes and calling it a draw.
  • Options
    Such a shame not to put their noses in it.

That last man who came in was well up for it - Ashes or Test debut ?

Does The Oval not do night matches ?
  • Options

pietersen got the fastest ashes test fifty in history off 36 balls

Cant be right. Thought gilchrist got century against us off about forty balls?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Not quite that fast! Gilchrist got a ton off 57 balls in Perth 2006.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2013
    Over the 5 days, a draw is a fair result. Australia could have easily batted on a bit to ensure the draw. They created a situation for a result. Watched the highlights on 5 and the listened on the radio - 5Extra. Unexpectedly there was some great batting, bowling and batting. The Pieterson 62 was brilliant. Australia just did enough in the end with getting Pieterson and Trott out when they did.

Its part of the eccentric charm of cricket that on the last day of the series, so close to a result that bad light stops play. I can see how some people will see that as bad. Overall the result of this match was a fair one given all the innings. England still won the ashes 3-0. The team delivers when under pressure and has great spirit. It makes a change to see the Aussies get their cricketing arses kicked so comprehensively.
  • Options
    Was fair I guess. Australia didn't need to make a game of it. Had to risk losing to have chance to win Anything like giving the opposition a 3 goal start, but when you don't need to! At least the umpires have light meters and the decision isn't down to someone's judgement
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

i read that on bbc website but it must have been fastest English fifty
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

i read that on bbc website but it must have been fastest English fifty
    Gilly's 100 is the second fastest Test hundred in history.

The fastest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWOzoqxTC0

The Master Blaster, naturally!
  • Options

Was fair I guess. Australia didn't need to make a game of it. Had to risk losing to have chance to win Anything like giving the opposition a 3 goal start, but when you don't need to! At least the umpires have light meters and the decision isn't down to someone's judgement

Agreed. Michael Clarke made a very generous declaration. He did seem to want to put on a show for the crowd.Its a pity some of them booed him. Not his fault
  • Options
    After a series in which umpiring decisions and DRS were centre stage, it was somehow fitting that it ended with the umpires again :-)
  • Options

Imagine if you had 4-0 England on a bet

Yep that was me
  • Options
    Not only have we pissed all over the australians this some, apparently we have pissed all over the oval pitch too...
  • Options

Not only have we pissed all over the australians this some, apparently we have pissed all over the oval pitch too...

Was that Monty as well?
  • Options
    Kudos to Clarke for making a game of it and trying not to settle for a bore draw. Very exciting finish to the series.