Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Crossbars", Covered End.

Anyone on here use "Crossbars" pre-match ?
Am thinking of joining this if the queues at The Lib and the ROD are too much before games, and was wondering how busy it gets before games. Think it costs £125 to join (?), any discounts for Season Ticket or ValleyGold ?
Also, what is the situation before kick-off ? Do you go through the inside doors or do you come out the main entrance (next to the CAFC badge) and back in again through the turnstiles ? And is it open after games ?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I would but they charge kids as well as adults to get in which I still find strange .
  • Options
    I can not believe they still charge for this, I have been saying for years to make it free for season ticket holders. Surely it makes sense to get more money behind the bar. It is where I would drink if they did not charge you to get in.
  • Options
    Thanks Beds.
    Another question: Can you "sign-in" guests if you are a member ?
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's £125 plus VAT so a "real" cost of £150.

No idea re entrance and exit arrangements I'm afraid!
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:

I can not believe they still charge for this, I have been saying for years to make it free for season ticket holders. Surely it makes sense to get more money behind the bar. It is where I would drink if they did not charge you to get in.

good idea
  • Options
    Plenty of other pubs within a 20 minute walk
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I have a feeling it's £125 plus VAT so a "real" cost of £150.

No idea re entrance and exit arrangements I'm afraid!

£75 each for my 7 and 10 year olds. £25 more than their season tickets !

Sooner or later they will come to their Senses and drop charging kids or maybe adults as well ?
  • Options

Sooner or later they will come to their Senses

I shouldn't think so mate

• Options
    Its revenue maximisation.

I have always thought the charging is a joke, but then the couple of times i have been in there it has been pretty full.

It will stay as it is until the point where they feel the current scheme isn't generating enough revenue.
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:

Completely agree. The decline of the pubs around the ground is really depressing but you'd think the club would try and pick up some of the demand. Bartrams is ok but is a bit on the small side. Perhaps converting Crossbars to a proper Sports Bar which is free to STs (and one guest or a limited number per season maybe ?).

I can't believe a season ticket to one of the bars for kids is more than their actual season ticket, ridiculous !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Last orders before kick off is something like 30 mins. I think you can use it at half time, you can go in there after the game. You have to leave and enter the ground via a rob lee.
    I did suggest many moons ago, that fans should be able to use it with a pre paid bar ticket, ie a ticket would cost £100 and you used this for paying for drinks.
  • Options

Its revenue maximisation.

I have always thought the charging is a joke, but then the couple of times i have been in there it has been pretty full.

It will stay as it is until the point where they feel the current scheme isn't generating enough revenue.

Was/Are you a member Dan ? If not, can you get a 1 day pass ? (I'd like to try it out before paying out over a hundred quid).

• Options
    It is coming to something when MOG considers abandoning The Lib !
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstiles.
  • Options

I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstyles.

So you pay £150 for the privilege of queueing at peak time to get back into the ground or have I missed something?
  • Options
    I don't think you can use it at half time
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstyles.

So you pay £150 for the privilege of queueing at peak time to get back into the ground or have I missed something?
    It's a conspiracy : - ) You can leave any time you like and at 2.30 the queues aren't that long.

On the charging as AFKA says while it is busy it makes sense. If it was open to all 10k+ season ticket holders plus guest it would soon be too full for people to get served.

There is also the issue of the maximum allowed number of people which from memory is under 1000 (where's Paul Ellison when you need him) due to the council's licencing rules.

It's not ideal but is one of the issues of how the ground was built in stages and when we didn't always have a great deal of space or money to create the optimum facilities.

But when we move to the new stadium on the Makro site all will be resolved.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

• Options
    My friend and his Dad have season tickets at Arsenal and this is the bar they use before the game (their tickets are quite expensive but they don’t pay any additional charge to use the bars in the stadium)

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jan_13/gun__1357902921_legends_bar.jpg

They serve decent food (being Arsenal the price is ridiculous) and have an onsite bookies plus a decent selection of drinks.

Something like this, that could be used FOC to STs would be a massive success at the Valley but I’m not sure if we have the internal space.
  • Options
    The prices behind that bar are eye watering.
    Tho the seats I used once there had free beer or wine at half time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I think a beer is £4 for Carlsberg £4.50 for Export. The food prices are insane (I think it's about £7 for a hotdog - which looks lovely but is still a hotdog).

Free beer at half time is good especially as you can normally sneak some back with you craftily disguised in a coffee cup !
  • Options

LenGlover said:

It's a conspiracy : - ) You can leave any time you like and at 2.30 the queues aren't that long.

On the charging as AFKA says while it is busy it makes sense. If it was open to all 10k+ season ticket holders plus guest it would soon be too full for people to get served.

There is also the issue of the maximum allowed number of people which from memory is under 1000 (where's Paul Ellison when you need him) due to the council's licencing rules.

It's not ideal but is one of the issues of how the ground was built in stages and when we didn't always have a great deal of space or money to create the optimum facilities.

But when we move to the new stadium on the Makro site all will be resolved.
    I appreciate I could leave before 2:30 but, and perhaps it is just me and my unreasonable expectations for forking out an extra £150, if I've entered the ground once already why should I have to do it again?

I, being the unreasonable git I am, expect my £150 premium to allow me to drink in the exclusive bar until just before the start when I can then wander to my seat.

Just as well I am not a member and once I'm in the ground sometimes have a beer on the concourse before going to my seat rather than investing £150 for the "treat" of queueing twice.

I realise I am unreasonable in thinking in such a fashion though and should in fact be thanking the Club.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Baron Paulo took Henry Jnr to a game at Arsenal where there were free drinks at HT. But the season tickets they had borrowed were over £3000 each.
    se9addick said:

My friend and his Dad have season tickets at Arsenal and this is the bar they use before the game (their tickets are quite expensive but they don’t pay any additional charge to use the bars in the stadium)

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jan_13/gun__1357902921_legends_bar.jpg

They serve decent food (being Arsenal the price is ridiculous) and have an onsite bookies plus a decent selection of drinks.

Something like this, that could be used FOC to STs would be a massive success at the Valley but I’m not sure if we have the internal space.

We don't and I doubt you get that in the "cheap" ie £900 ST seats behind the goal.

That is one of the reasons why Arsenal left Highbury. At the new ground you can offer that sort of facility.

I'd still prefer the Lib or another pub/club nearby

• Options
    Yes they were club level tickets Henry. Over 3k now.

I wasnt drinking beer SE9, i had a glass of wine. Expensive but i got two free pints in at half time.

Hope GH doesnt see this.

• Options
    That will be a first then : - )

• Options

But the season tickets they had borrowed were over £3000 each.

Henry, I think you may want to edit that. You've clearly added an extra zero on the end.
  • Options
    We use it and it's often very busy and drinks are very expensive. Some proppa norty people surreptitiously DIY on this one. Food is heart attack variety but plenty of people seem to like it. Main benefit to us is staying warm until just before the game starts which suits hubby's achy bones and joints very nicely.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes they were club level tickets Henry. Over 3k now.

I wasnt drinking beer SE9, i had a glass of wine. Expensive but i got two free pints in at half time.

Hope GH doesnt see this.

2 pints of wine at half time? Some things never change.
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/commercial/hospitality/

Crossbars is £125 VAT inclusive and you can pay £10 VAT inclusive per individual match it would appear.

Most prices are quoted exclusive of VAT, before the usual suspects slag me off, hence my suggesting the "real" cost was £150.

I am happy, unlike some, to acknowledge my mistakes.