Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Crossbars", Covered End.

Comments

• Options
    Len - how would people get from Crossbars to the other stands other than leave and go around the ground.
  • Options
    Very good GA!

But the season tickets they had borrowed were over £3000 each.

Henry, I think you may want to edit that. You've clearly added an extra zero on the end.
    the prices are near the back of the pdf brochure linked here.

http://www.arsenal.com/clublevel/become-a-club-level-member

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Len - how would people get from Crossbars to the other stands other than leave and go around the ground.

You raise a valid point.

I was rather assuming that most of the clientelle would sit in the Covered End Upper or Lower and I still don't see why they need to go out to come in again, particularly Covered End Upper.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

MrOneLung said:

You raise a valid point.

I was rather assuming that most of the clientelle would sit in the Covered End Upper or Lower and I still don't see why they need to go out to come in again, particularly Covered End Upper.

I think this is one of the reasons they charge and restrict numbers as the entry/exit points are through Legends and us patrons of Legends do not want too many oiks walking through whilst we are eating :-)

You have to go down the stairs, outside and enter the ground via Harvey gardens for the Covered End and the East stand, there is no internal way of entering the ground from Crossbars or Legends.
  • Options
    Is the Legends (?) restaurant still running or is it just a bar now? I'm surprised how successful the bar is.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Very good GA!

But the season tickets they had borrowed were over £3000 each.

Henry, I think you may want to edit that. You've clearly added an extra zero on the end.
    the prices are near the back of the pdf brochure linked here.

http://www.arsenal.com/clublevel/become-a-club-level-member

Am I reading that right, you have to pay £50 just to go on the waiting list to give you the chance of spending £1000's on a season ticket? Maybe the Crossbars deals not so bad after all.
  • Options
    MOG - VG members get a £25 discount; the concession price is £80.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

MrOneLung said:

You raise a valid point.

I think this is one of the reasons they charge and restrict numbers as the entry/exit points are through Legends and us patrons of Legends do not want too many oiks walking through whilst we are eating :-)

You have to go down the stairs, outside and enter the ground via Harvey gardens for the Covered End and the East stand, there is no internal way of entering the ground from Crossbars or Legends.
    I thought Crossbars was room with the double doors as you walk up the stairs to Covered End Upper. I've seen people going in and out of those doors before.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

MrOneLung said:

You raise a valid point.

I thought Crossbars was room with the double doors as you walk up the stairs to Covered End Upper. I've seen people going in and out of those doors before.
    Pass Len, all I know is when its chucking out time at 14.30 everybody in Crossbars seem to walk through Legends and down the same stairs we use to go outside to line up at a turn style.
  • Options

Thanks EiM, Len & others.
    Will try the Lib on saturday and see how it goes from there.

(I did send a tweet to @CAFCOfficial earlier asking the same questions and who should I ask at the club but got no response at all).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When my boy was mascot last season you get passes to it as part of the mascot deal. My impressions on that day was this was not something I would want to use if I had to pay extra. The benefit of such a bar would be drinking as close to kick off as possible, as that is not an option I will still use the decreasing numbers of pubs
  • Options
    On the food thing, the only club I personally have any respect for is Brighton because they take vegetarians seriously. The food catering at Charlton has always been utter chite in this respect (as it is at every ground incidentally).

All that is ever on offer are these:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268949607

Which are 1.75 for four retail, and sell at the ground for more than three quid each I understand, and anyway they are a) the only choice and b) vile.

In the past I have written to the club about having a veggie meal there and the correspondence has petered out from the clubs side. mainly because the response is something like 'oh, yeah, there is a vegetarian option, I'm sure'. When asked what it is exactly the communication died. Anyway it is only ever one choice take it or leave it, even if you try to set it up in advance of games.

Brighton have the best seats, and the best food.
  • Options
    To be fair Seth for half of last season the club would of thought that you were happy just watching the vegetables out on the pitch...

Catering is shocking at the Valley and you need a UN interpreter to order a beef and onion pie.
  • Options
    To be fair I have checked out the supposed menu for the meals, and there is now a bigger vegetarian choice than when I last enquired.
    However on the concourses the ubiquitous cheese and onion pasty (35p each retail in Tesco) is the only option.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

To be fair I have checked out the supposed menu for the meals, and there is now a bigger vegetarian choice than when I last enquired.
    However on the concourses the ubiquitous cheese and onion pasty (35p each retail in Tesco) is the only option.

Hardly fair to compare the price of a cold product bought bulk in a supermarket to a single heated product bought inside a football stadium. Once they've paid for the heating, staff wages and VAT I doubt they make very much on each one.

Agree it's overpriced shit, but there are plenty of things that need addressing before we start providing falafel burgers, in my view.
  • Options
    P

Thanks EiM, Len & others.
    Will try the Lib on saturday and see how it goes from there.

(I did send a tweet to @CAFCOfficial earlier asking the same questions and who should I ask at the club but got no response at all).

I should think @CAFCOfficial are under a bit of pressure at the moment. Might be a better idea to ask the commercial centre?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstyles.

So you pay £150 for the privilege of queueing at peak time to get back into the ground or have I missed something?
    It's a conspiracy : - ) You can leave any time you like and at 2.30 the queues aren't that long.

On the charging as AFKA says while it is busy it makes sense. If it was open to all 10k+ season ticket holders plus guest it would soon be too full for people to get served.

There is also the issue of the maximum allowed number of people which from memory is under 1000 (where's Paul Ellison when you need him) due to the council's licencing rules.

It's not ideal but is one of the issues of how the ground was built in stages and when we didn't always have a great deal of space or money to create the optimum facilities.

But when we move to the new stadium on the Makro site all will be resolved.
    I appreciate I could leave before 2:30 but, and perhaps it is just me and my unreasonable expectations for forking out an extra £150, if I've entered the ground once already why should I have to do it again?

I, being the unreasonable git I am, expect my £150 premium to allow me to drink in the exclusive bar until just before the start when I can then wander to my seat.

Just as well I am not a member and once I'm in the ground sometimes have a beer on the concourse before going to my seat rather than investing £150 for the "treat" of queueing twice.

I realise I am unreasonable in thinking in such a fashion though and should in fact be thanking the Club.
    Jesus Len. Nobody is forcing you to go in there are they? Honestly, you don't help yourself sometimes. I think you're getting worse.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstyles.

So you pay £150 for the privilege of queueing at peak time to get back into the ground or have I missed something?
    It's a conspiracy : - ) You can leave any time you like and at 2.30 the queues aren't that long.

On the charging as AFKA says while it is busy it makes sense. If it was open to all 10k+ season ticket holders plus guest it would soon be too full for people to get served.

There is also the issue of the maximum allowed number of people which from memory is under 1000 (where's Paul Ellison when you need him) due to the council's licencing rules.

It's not ideal but is one of the issues of how the ground was built in stages and when we didn't always have a great deal of space or money to create the optimum facilities.

I appreciate I could leave before 2:30 but, and perhaps it is just me and my unreasonable expectations for forking out an extra £150, if I've entered the ground once already why should I have to do it again?

I, being the unreasonable git I am, expect my £150 premium to allow me to drink in the exclusive bar until just before the start when I can then wander to my seat.

Just as well I am not a member and once I'm in the ground sometimes have a beer on the concourse before going to my seat rather than investing £150 for the "treat" of queueing twice.

I realise I am unreasonable in thinking in such a fashion though and should in fact be thanking the Club.
    Jesus Len. Nobody is forcing you to go in there are they? Honestly, you don't help yourself sometimes. I think you're getting worse.
    With respect Offy I asked a question and received a slightly sarcy response from Henry. Not an unknown phenomenon on this forum I think you will allow me to assert!

I replied in similar vein.

As it happens I am not a member but do find it surprising to learn that you get thrown out of a bar you pay £125 for the privilege of drinking in half an hour before kick off.

As this is a forum for expressing opinions I gave mine.
  • Options
    Ah, right. Carry on then Leonard. I find it hard to keep up these days.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

As it happens I am not a member but do find it surprising to learn that you get thrown out of a bar you pay £125 for the privilege of drinking in half an hour before kick off.

Except you don't get thrown out 30 mins before ko, they stop serving

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, they were urging me out at 2.30, the couple of times I was there & eaststandmike who goes to Legends every game seems to agree. (I might be wrong though).
  • Options
    Could be worse....'Cheesy Chips' at Stevenage for 4 quid...

• Options
    JT said:

Is that legit?
  • Options
    Oui
  • Options
    Yes, the nonsense is that you have to pile them up so they go flat as you neck them them before 3pm and then have to leg it down the stairs, out the back and join the queue to get back in again.The pubs might be cack but they represent relative value for money and don't yet charge to get in, although at the rate we are going it won't be long before one of them decides to cash in on the demand with an entrance fee!
  • Options
    JT said:

No way lol that's superb, can wrap a couple of chips in that and have a cheesey chip butty
  • Options
    JT said:

Oh, Jesus Christ! Now I have seen it all!

Worst thing is that it's the best selling thing on the menu!
  • Options
    That stuff at Stevenage is sickening. So too are the jaw-dropping stories about the "exclusive" bars and restaurants at The Valley. Just a mean, cynical rip-off all round, really should be boycotted.
  • Options

Yes, the nonsense is that you have to pile them up so they go flat as you neck them them before 3pm and then have to leg it down the stairs, out the back and join the queue to get back in again.The pubs might be cack but they represent relative value for money and don't yet charge to get in, although at the rate we are going it won't be long before one of them decides to cash in on the demand with an entrance fee!

The Lib charges (£1) and so did the Con.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Except you don't get thrown out 30 mins before ko, they stop serving

I've always understood the moment a pub / club etc stops serving to be colloquially known as "chucking out time" hence my use of the phrase but hey ho you're the boss!