Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Crossbars", Covered End.

Comments

• Options

P

MOG - VG members get a £25 discount; the concession price is £80.

Thanks EiM, Len & others.
    Will try the Lib on saturday and see how it goes from there.

(I did send a tweet to @CAFCOfficial earlier asking the same questions and who should I ask at the club but got no response at all).

I should think @CAFCOfficial are under a bit of pressure at the moment. Might be a better idea to ask the commercial centre?
    Sorry, wasn't thinking (as usual).
    Will do AB, Thanks.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstyles.

So you pay £150 for the privilege of queueing at peak time to get back into the ground or have I missed something?
    It's a conspiracy : - ) You can leave any time you like and at 2.30 the queues aren't that long.

On the charging as AFKA says while it is busy it makes sense. If it was open to all 10k+ season ticket holders plus guest it would soon be too full for people to get served.

There is also the issue of the maximum allowed number of people which from memory is under 1000 (where's Paul Ellison when you need him) due to the council's licencing rules.

It's not ideal but is one of the issues of how the ground was built in stages and when we didn't always have a great deal of space or money to create the optimum facilities.

But when we move to the new stadium on the Makro site all will be resolved.
    I appreciate I could leave before 2:30 but, and perhaps it is just me and my unreasonable expectations for forking out an extra £150, if I've entered the ground once already why should I have to do it again?

I, being the unreasonable git I am, expect my £150 premium to allow me to drink in the exclusive bar until just before the start when I can then wander to my seat.

Just as well I am not a member and once I'm in the ground sometimes have a beer on the concourse before going to my seat rather than investing £150 for the "treat" of queueing twice.

I realise I am unreasonable in thinking in such a fashion though and should in fact be thanking the Club.
    Jesus Len. Nobody is forcing you to go in there are they? Honestly, you don't help yourself sometimes. I think you're getting worse.
    As it happens I am not a member but do find it surprising to learn that you get thrown out of a bar you pay £125 for the privilege of drinking in half an hour before kick off.

As this is a forum for expressing opinions I gave mine.
    Except you don't get thrown out 30 mins before ko, they stop serving

Yes you do, they pull the blinds down so you cannot see the pitch at 14.30 and it's "everybody out", we have still had wine on our table at 14.30 and been asked to drink up and leave.............pronto!
  • Options
    I've never once been asked to leave, but maybe they just feel sorry for us older winos.
  • Options
    Maybe you were just too drunk to remember?
  • Options

Yes you do, they pull the blinds down so you cannot see the pitch at 14.30 and it's "everybody out", we have still had wine on our table at 14.30 and been asked to drink up and leave.............pronto!

think all grounds have to do that tbf.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

I've been in there a couple of times and it was pretty busy. They start asking you to leave about 2.30 & you exit by the big badge & have to go back in through the turnstyles.

So you pay £150 for the privilege of queueing at peak time to get back into the ground or have I missed something?
    It's a conspiracy : - ) You can leave any time you like and at 2.30 the queues aren't that long.

On the charging as AFKA says while it is busy it makes sense. If it was open to all 10k+ season ticket holders plus guest it would soon be too full for people to get served.

There is also the issue of the maximum allowed number of people which from memory is under 1000 (where's Paul Ellison when you need him) due to the council's licencing rules.

It's not ideal but is one of the issues of how the ground was built in stages and when we didn't always have a great deal of space or money to create the optimum facilities.

But when we move to the new stadium on the Makro site all will be resolved.
    I appreciate I could leave before 2:30 but, and perhaps it is just me and my unreasonable expectations for forking out an extra £150, if I've entered the ground once already why should I have to do it again?

I, being the unreasonable git I am, expect my £150 premium to allow me to drink in the exclusive bar until just before the start when I can then wander to my seat.

Just as well I am not a member and once I'm in the ground sometimes have a beer on the concourse before going to my seat rather than investing £150 for the "treat" of queueing twice.

I realise I am unreasonable in thinking in such a fashion though and should in fact be thanking the Club.
    Jesus Len. Nobody is forcing you to go in there are they? Honestly, you don't help yourself sometimes. I think you're getting worse.
    As it happens I am not a member but do find it surprising to learn that you get thrown out of a bar you pay £125 for the privilege of drinking in half an hour before kick off.

As this is a forum for expressing opinions I gave mine.
    Except you don't get thrown out 30 mins before ko, they stop serving

Happened to me once in Floyds (before the renaming!), at closing time (think it was a night game) one of the Goldrange lot came in and took a half full pint straight out of my hand, I asked about drinking up time just got a stare back. Hardly ever drink in there now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This cat passes quite happily from Crossbars to the concourse stairway when he gives the steward standing next to the door his season ticket match stub.

• Options

That stuff at Stevenage is sickening. So too are the jaw-dropping stories about the "exclusive" bars and restaurants at The Valley. Just a mean, cynical rip-off all round, really should be boycotted.

Ah, wait until you get to the peninsula and we're catering for the City gents who will flood in on the Jubillee......Could see Jamie Olivers twenty quid steak sandwich.

• Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

This cat passes quite happily from Legends to the concourse stairway when he gives the steward standing next to the door his season ticket match stub.

Grass :-)
  • Options
    We should sack the events / catering manager if it is all that bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grass?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

On the food thing, the only club I personally have any respect for is Brighton because they take vegetarians seriously. The food catering at Charlton has always been utter chite in this respect (as it is at every ground incidentally).

All that is ever on offer are these:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268949607

Which are 1.75 for four retail, and sell at the ground for more than three quid each I understand, and anyway they are a) the only choice and b) vile.

In the past I have written to the club about having a veggie meal there and the correspondence has petered out from the clubs side. mainly because the response is something like 'oh, yeah, there is a vegetarian option, I'm sure'. When asked what it is exactly the communication died. Anyway it is only ever one choice take it or leave it, even if you try to set it up in advance of games.

Brighton have the best seats, and the best food.

Are you advocating moving to a brand new pupose-built stadium...?
  • Options
    Nah. Our seats are fine. But concourse food is diabolical.
    Anyway the Valley is the dogs, nowhere can compare.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Maybe you were just too drunk to remember?

You promised not to tell!

• Options
    Anyone else get their crossbars letter today? New TV screens, bar open at half time, no more loitering on the concourse with the great unwashed. Happy days.
  • Options
    Apparently a Vietnamese company are taking over the catering at the Valley in October.

The company has promised that the food really will be the dogs bollocks.
  • Options

Apparently a Vietnamese company are taking over the catering at the Valley in October.

The company has promised that the food really will be the dogs bollocks.

Shocker.

• Options
    couple of quick questions:

- how busy does Crossbars get before games these days?
    - can you get food in there?, i.e just go up and order/buy when there?
    - looking at a fair crowd of us just buying day passes for the Blackpool games for a few pre-match beers and bit of grub for my old mans birthday

cheers
  • Options
    I was in there for watford game and it was pretty empty . You can just queue up and order grub seperately from the bar , food aint bad as it goes . The bar staff were nt too clever though , it's meant to be 25% off booze as well if you're in there early enough. enjoy mate
  • Options

JT said:

Could be worse....'Cheesy Chips' at Stevenage for 4 quid...

Oh, Jesus Christ! Now I have seen it all!

Worst thing is that it's the best selling thing on the menu!
    Be careful....... this might give someone the idea that this could be vegetarian 'option?'......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's ok for a beer plenty of room , the food well personally I think it's shocking .
  • Options
    boogica said:

It's ok for a beer plenty of room , the food well personally I think it's shocking .

You only had the food once I assume ?
  • Options
    boogica said:

what food do they do in there?, the pie n chips variety?
  • Options
    Ageist!!!
  • Options

Ageist!!!

I'm really sorry that you didn't qualify for Club 1905, but congratulation on reaching your 109th birthday.
  • Options
    Not for myself actually, I was thinking about digging up some dead relatives but if they won't be allowed in then the club really have shot themselves in the foot!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    A good idea tbh. As it's a 12.15 KO, it makes sense to do an offer to the locals.

It says SE7 people are invited, but doesn't say by what means they have been invited.

Is it simply on the OS and that's it ?

Also, I shouldn't think the complimentary refreshments will cost much. You probably have to leave by 11.45, so if you get in there at 11.15, you might just have time for something small.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PL54 said:

boogica said:

You only had the food once I assume ?
    I go in crossbars every home game the food was better before they changed it all about , and the answer to your question is yes had it once at that was enough it is shocking .
  • Options

boogica said:

what food do they do in there?, the pie n chips variety?
    Yes mate they do pies and chips , pies are normally cold and they do sausages and mash not for me I'm afraid , but some people like em .