Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster Rovers| Sat 24th Aug 2013| Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    The rain will help our fast flowing Barca style football, we're going to run rings round Doncaster this afternoon, Kermy and Church each with a double 4-0 and a big Chris Powell tunnel jump at the end
  • Options

Any chance of the weather intervening? Meant to be constant heavy rain all day, with some localised EXTREMELY heavy bursts according to the met office. Thinking back to Hull last year when it was as close to being called off as you could get. Has to be a consideration. Knowing our luck, we will be 3-0 up after 65 mins or something.

Damn! I haven't finished building my version of the ark yet let alone rounding up the animals.
  • Options
    Just seen some statistics - the last time we won against Donny at home was 1957...

Mind you, we've rarely been in the same division since. :-)
  • Options
    there's only ever been six meetings between us and Donny, with 4 wins against 2 defeats in our favour..no draws...so i'm going for a win 2-1
  • Options

Shaking in our boots at the prospect of Doncaster bloody Rovers....where did it all go wrong?
  • Options

The closer we get the worse i feel about this game.

Oh dear! Have some faith, SWP! We've got to set about Donny Rovers with gusto, put them on the back foot right from the off. Surely we can't play worse than against Boro!

Agree...replace Kermy with Gusto and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Cheers fellas. We won 2-0 against Hereford. I think, though may be wrong, Richie Bowman scored a penalty

I think I remember that game. I believe it was our 1st season in Division 3 & the 1st season my dad bought us S/T's.

2-0 & a sunny day. I think I recall it more, because there were photos of the game in the next programme, including one of Richie Bowman.
  • Options
    I've been thinking it will be a 2-0 loss all week. This morning I have woken in a different frame of mind. 3-0 to the boys in red without a shadow of doubt.
  • Options
    A good win today and the site will be flooded with positives!
  • Options
    Covered End - you're right, it was a very sunny day. Think we'd been in that division for a couple of seasons but went up that year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon this could be very similar to the Hull game last season due to the weather as mentioned above.
  • Options
    We haven't kept a clean sheet in 14 games at home and if we lose it is the worst start to the season for 17 years.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Just seen some statistics - the last time we won against Donny at home was 1957...

Mind you, we've rarely been in the same division since. :-)

A stat is a stat though .... 56 years of hurt, come on Charlton
  • Options
    Back from holiday, 1st game , 3-0 home win!
  • Options
    COYR's done the Holy Trinity today, We win and Palarse and Smallwall lose.
  • Options

COYR's done the Holy Trinity today, We win and Palarse and Smallwall lose.

And Church to score presumably...

• Options

Back from holiday, 1st game , 3-0 home win!

Bloody hell where have you been on Holiday?? ;-)
  • Options
    First time this season i can follow game on this site,what Chris Powell said yesterday ONLY ONE DIRECTION we will have better understanding after this game today. 1-1 draw coming from behind late on will feel like a win to us with other results not going are way drop a place or two.Sorry.
  • Options
    Result called off.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    JT said:

0-6

Hope you had money on it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

strange isn't it. Neither I or Golfie have commented and yet it's all doom and gloom. What's the matter with you lot, moany buggers ;-)

Large - Like you and Golfie, I am a Charlton realist, as well as a Charlton romantic. Yes, I know it was only against Oxford United in the League Cup, but there was a period in the second half when we were absolutely ruthless: stretching their defence, then carving them open, them battering them, all in thirty seconds. And then we did it again; it was thrillingly merciless - we had Oxford by the throat. Today, we must do the same against Donny Rovers: stamp our authority, then pass and move - quickly.

OR... Morrow can hoof it up to Kermo

;0)

What you doing up? I thought i was an insomniac.

If you

5 nil to Doncaster back in either the RO or the Lib by 4 PM.

Hey, Goonerhater! You were almost right!