Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Debut for a CAFC player?

Comments

• Options

Tahar El Khalej

That was the name that came to my mind when I saw the title of the thread.
  • Options
    "Sweaty" Balmer:
    2 OG's in his 1st 3(?) games.
  • Options

also special mention to Sasa Ilic for his West Ham debut.

Good shout! Didn't he get substituted for Bywater? Poor guy was never the same after his injury at Chelsea.
  • Options

Tom Hovi played once for us at home to Derby I think. Hi sole contribution was slicing a clearance up into the air in his own box that was pounced on and scored by Gabbiadini.

I thought he made his debut away at Bolton. Anyone got a Valiant 500 to hand?

• Options
    edited August 2013

Tom Hovi played once for us at home to Derby I think. Hi sole contribution was slicing a clearance up into the air in his own box that was pounced on and scored by Gabbiadini.

I thought he made his debut away at Bolton. Anyone got a Valiant 500 to hand?

Yes thanks.

Tom Hovi not in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Henning_Hovi

{Edit: Also says Sweaty scored 2 OGs in his 1st 6 matches}.

• Options
    For me it has to either be Pouso or Alonso... Both terrible!!
  • Options
    Special mention for Llera against Welling (hope this counts?) - I don't think he got his laces on any ball that day.....his ankles and shins must have been battered by half time.
  • Options
    El Khalej was simply woeful, the only surprise was he was worse on his second performance
  • Options
    Can't recall his name but fat keeper who only played a half for us and had a shut out, but looked dreadful. Came from Blackpool, washed up at Hibs. His glory night was against derby at the valley. They had no shots but the goal seemed under constant threat.
  • Options
    Tony Caig?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eggert Jónsson worst performance think he touched the ball about twice in the first 20 minutes he was on the pitch
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Eggert Jónsson worst performance think he touched the ball about twice in the first 20 minutes he was on the pitch

If his debut was the game away at Burnley then THIS !!!!!
    So shit its unreal and im being polite.
  • Options
    He had made two late substitute appearances already the season before, but when Scott Wagstaff made his first start (against Yeovil in the League Cup), he was truly diabolical and rightly taken off at HT.
  • Options

Tony Caig?

Bit harsh. Cant remember him being that bad
  • Options

CH4RLTON said:

If his debut was the game away at Burnley then THIS !!!!!
    So shit its unreal and im being polite.

He had made two late substitute appearances already the season before, but when Scott Wagstaff made his first start (against Yeovil in the League Cup), he was truly diabolical and rightly taken off at HT.

Just don't remember this fella at all.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20121207-jonsson-531094.aspx
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Steve Harrison full back 1982 was dire, ex Watford went on to be a respected coach and right hand man to Steve Mclaren.

Sacked by Millwall for pooping into a cup from on top of the lockers

• Options
    Francis Jeffers.

Not because it was bad, but because it was good, and made me think he was going to take us places. That feeling was soon crushed.
  • Options
    Yes I was at the Bunrley game and although we won he looked completly lost and unfit
  • Options
    That bloke who was on loan and played at Burnley (WHY?) is definitely a candidate. Egbert somebody. Was way out of his depth and I have no idea why CP played him.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Good call, for some reason I had completely forget about him! I remember a Wolves fan saying he was the worst player he had ever seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to recall that Mike Walker had an absolute nightmare on his one and only match in goal on loan from Colchester.

Anyone remember the score ?
  • Options
    JIM STANNARD.

Charlton 1-4 Cardiff
    5/3/84

The End.
  • Options

Tony Caig?

No - I was trying to think of the keeper Mortimertician was thinking of. That was Tony Caig, wasn't it?
  • Options
    Josh wright or a fullback called Michael Paye who played in the 80s.Both were hopeless.
  • Options

JIM STANNARD.

Charlton 1-4 Cardiff
    5/3/84

The End.

Already beat you to that F1!
  • Options

I seem to recall that Mike Walker had an absolute nightmare on his one and only match in goal on loan from Colchester.

Anyone remember the score ?

From Valiant 500:

v. Plymouth Argyle (A) 3/3/73

"Walker's one match for Charlton was memorable for the wrong reasons because apart from conceding five goals (none of them his fault), his collision with big Dave Shipperley resulted in Charlton being reduced to 10 men....(64th minute)".

Walker went on to play for Colchester, "he made 310 consecutive appearances for the Essex club (Feb '77 - Jan '83)".
  • Options

Tony Caig?

No - I was trying to think of the keeper Mortimertician was thinking of. That was Tony Caig, wasn't it?
    Yes it was Tony Caig Damo. I think he came on as sub for Deano after he saved a pen against derby. Sorry for the misunderstanding
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

RedChaser said:

Steve Harrison full back 1982 was dire, ex Watford went on to be a respected coach and right hand man to Steve Mclaren.

Sacked by Millwall for pooping into a cup from on top of the lockers

Ha ha nice one Kap don't remember that, he's gone back up in my estimations at least he was only crap for us whereas he sh*t all over the Spanners :0)
  • Options
    chazza said:

Mike Small - Millwall away

Can't look beyond this one. Felt sorry for the fella, but he looked like he'd barely played the game.
  • Options

Tony Caig?

Correct, well done, have a badger.

Tony Caig?

He was answering me. Honestly think his performance was overlooked because we won the game and didn't concede. Curbs never let him near the net again.