Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Debut for a CAFC player?

Comments

• Options

Tony Caig?

Correct, well done, have a badger.

Tony Caig?

Bit harsh. Cant remember him being that bad
    He was answering me. Honestly think his performance was overlooked because we won the game and didn't concede. Curbs never let him near the net again.
    Must be my bad memory as i dont recall him anything good or bad in the 2nd half of that game. To be fair it would have taken a bloody good keeper to dislodge Deano at the time
  • Options
    Simon Webster had a ropey debut against Swindon but very quickly became a hero.

Tom Hovi on the other hand....
  • Options
    Alonso was not very clever, Brentford in the JPT I believe
  • Options

Alonso was not very clever, Brentford in the JPT I believe

Don't remember seeing him again.
  • Options
    I remember Frank Noubles debut I think it was against Brentford at home he was laughable to watch
  • Options
    Quite funny, I don't remember El Khalej from the Leeds game, my memory is of Geoff Horsefield completely tearing him one playing for Birmingham in a 2 nil defeat, truly shambolic.
  • Options
    Yep and doing Charlton Live the following night was one exercise in self restraint. For me Stannard, El Khallegh, Hovi, Pouso and those two Danish pastries Nelson signed due to our "link" with Hvidore.
  • Options

CH4RLTON said:

Eggert Jónsson worst performance think he touched the ball about twice in the first 20 minutes he was on the pitch

Good call, for some reason I had completely forget about him! I remember a Wolves fan saying he was the worst player he had ever seen.
    He was an absolute yolk

• Options
    3 0 at Luton 81/82 when Mullery took over. 2x Phillips, Ferns, McAlister, Lansdowne, Harrison. How to dismantle a good side in 90 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kenny Achampong.
  • Options

Quite funny, I don't remember El Khalej from the Leeds game, my memory is of Geoff Horsefield completely tearing him one playing for Birmingham in a 2 nil defeat, truly shambolic.

That's right, Horsfield spun him and left him for dead in the style of Christiano Ronaldo.
  • Options
    Scott Sinclair what crap he was and still is
  • Options
    Lee Cook at Blackpool didn't exactly cover himself in glory that season either.
  • Options
    Eggert Jonsson is possibly the most non-descript player we've ever had.
  • Options
    Robbie Mustoe?
  • Options
    Lawrie Wilson had a stinker on his debut. Gave away a pen, kept giving the ball away and missed a pen in the
  • Options

Mike Small or Steve Dowman.

Agreed!

Steve Dowman at Brentford in the Milk Cup 1983. Hardly headed a ball.

Mike Small at Millwall. If somebody had said he was a pub player being thrown in, it would have made perfect sense....
  • Options

Tom Hovi played once for us at home to Derby I think. Hi sole contribution was slicing a clearance up into the air in his own box that was pounced on and scored by Gabbiadini.

I thought he made his debut away at Bolton. Anyone got a Valiant 500 to hand?

Tom played two games (both sub)....away to Bolton 1-5 and home to Derby 3-4.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Tony Caig?

Bit harsh. Cant remember him being that bad
    Tad harsh. 2nd half sub in goal v Derby at home, which we won 2-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can you forget Frank Nouble?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Tom Hovi played once for us at home to Derby I think. Hi sole contribution was slicing a clearance up into the air in his own box that was pounced on and scored by Gabbiadini.

Was at the Bolton game. Kins scored our goal.

• Options
    I might be wrong but didn't Darren Randolf fumble the ball into the net on his debut?
  • Options
    I seem to remember Maurice Setters having a nightmare start but it may have been his first home game
  • Options

I might be wrong but didn't Darren Randolf fumble the ball into the net on his debut?

Yep he did indeed.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

Kinsella scored in the 1-4 defeat against them in 1997. Whyte scored for us in the 1-5. Plenty of goals conceded away at Bolton during that period!
  • Options

Simonsen said:

Kinsella scored in the 1-4 defeat against them in 1997. Whyte scored for us in the 1-5. Plenty of goals conceded away at Bolton during that period!
    That's right. 1-5 was played on a soaking pitch. Game was nearly postponed. Whyte equalised with a close range volley and then we fell apart. Mind you...Bolton were good in those days.
  • Options
    Mark McCammon has to go on this list surely! He was as bad a player for us as I can remember!
  • Options

His debut was vs Liverpool where he was great!

• Options
    E-cafc said:

Mark McCammon has to go on this list surely! He was as bad a player for us as I can remember!

Good call. He looked awful on his one and only appearance.