Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mayweather vs Alvarez!

I cant see another thread on this fight. Who do you think will win? Im thinking Mayweather on points!

Also is there any other way of seeing this fight without having to subscribe to boxnation?

Comments

• Google 'boxingguru' on the night..
  • Mayweather on points. In his last fight that was the best mayweather performance i have seen in years. Would love to see him fight in the uk against Amir Khan.
  • Been following Alvarez for quite a while now. Really like him. Want him to win and got a feeling he will. Garcia matthysse on the undercard will be a fantastic fight
  • Mayweather and his footwork will hypnotise Alvarez, but Alvarez can bang hard so if he does catch Floyd then maybe but I cant see anything other than a dancing Mayweather totally out boxing him
  • Mayweather is so arrogant and such a cocky c*nt..............but i like him.

Just been watching the All Access pre match programmes for this fight on youtube. Usual stuff though, a new contender backed up by his family saying it's time to dethrone Mayweather and that it's their time.
    But this time Mayweather does have a genuine challenge on his hands and I can't wait for it. Mayweather on points for me.

• I was so looking forward to this fight until I realised I'd booked to go on holiday on Friday :)

Has the potential to be a cracker. MayWeather is 1 of the best of all time but Alvarez is young, hungry and has something special about him I think. Tough to call. Just hope the fight is as good as it can be
  • Can't see anything other than Alvarez following FM around the ring for 12 rounds and finding out what so many have before.......that he's bloody hard to hit.

Hope I'm wrong - but I think it will be a dull fight with FM controlling the action in a fairly comfortable points win.

• Will be probably the hardest fight Floyd has had for a long time.

Garcia/Matthysse will be the fight of the night by far though, so make sure you don't just tune in for the main event.
  • you are correct imo it will be a boring fight very little to get excited about because FM will do his thing which is to pitter patter his opponent looking real classy in doing so, but with no real ko power
  • Garcia v Matthysse fight is mouthwatering
  • Sponsored links:

• box nation are having some brilliant fights lately
  • Before Garcia v Matthysse, you've also got Ashley Theophane who is British (a spurs fan) and has just signed with Mayweather Promotions.

Ridiculously good card, it's going to be a long night seeing as Mayweather Canelo won't start until around 5am!
  • Mayweather .. best pound for pound boxer on the planet .. least he was .. will yet another long break have blunted his edge ?
  • Mayweather .. best pound for pound boxer on the planet .. least he was .. will yet another long break have blunted his edge ?

Another long break? His last fight was only 4 months ago
  • Guaranteed KO is the Garcia v Matthysse fight, question is who will get it? For me Matthysse in the 6th
  • edited September 2013

Mayweather on points. In his last fight that was the best mayweather performance i have seen in years. Would love to see him fight in the uk against Amir Khan.

Khan would get destroyed. I think he can forget about ever fighting Mayweather

I think Mayweather on points, although it will be a tough fight, he just does everything at his own pace. I'm more looking forward to Garcia v Matthyssse. I reckon Matthysse wins by KO
  • Mayweather unanimous points... Him fighting Khan after would be a bit of a farce though. Khan is not on the same level as Mayweather.
  • Mayweather KO rnds 9-12
    Garcia KO (being underestimated)
  • Fair play to Garcia wanting the fight. Clearly wants to prove he is number one, but I think Matthysse stops him inside 6!

Mayweather will be Mayweather, hard to hit and win by UD. The only doubt is that Canelo is huge, if he can find him and hit him often, it could test Mayweather. Think the 2lb will be all the difference though, Canelo already big at the weight (at 154), that two pound could kill him! I can see Floyd focusing on the body early on to slow Alvarez down later.
  • Mayweather all the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ginger and Mexican fighter just doesn't seem right.
    It's debatable whether he won his last fight, so will probably win on points.
  • the Golden boy himself Oscar wont be there after finally admitting his demons after years of suspicion and has booked himself into rehab for substance addiction

good luck Oscar you were the man
  • Croydon said:

Mayweather on points. In his last fight that was the best mayweather performance i have seen in years. Would love to see him fight in the uk against Amir Khan.

Khan would get destroyed. I think he can forget about ever fighting Mayweather

I think Mayweather on points, although it will be a tough fight, he just does everything at his own pace. I'm more looking forward to Garcia v Matthyssse. I reckon Matthysse wins by KO
    I don't disagree with you that mayweather would beat khan.However my point is Mayweather recently commented he would like to fight in the UK at some point and Khan would be the obvious choice as he is the best british fighter at that weight (imo). If khan beats Alexander it sets up that potential fight nicely.
  • Think it could be like the Mosley fight where Canelo starts very well early on, but then Mayweather adjusts and manages to pull ahead and win solidly.
  • father time will catch up with mayweather so khan would have a small chance but he should try avenge the 3 people who have already beat him, khan is a great watch he is exciting but anyone who can half hit has him in trouble i would fancy brook to do him. Garcia is unbeaten and matthysse has been outboxed a few times one being judah, great match up
  • Makes me glad I've got box nation now.
  • 'Mayweather's contract also filed and he's indeed getting all-time record $41.5 million.'

Canelo is apparently making around $12m in comparison.
  • You don't get the money nickname for nowt
  • 'Mayweather's contract also filed and he's indeed getting all-time record $41.5 million.'

And he got $32m for fighting Guerrero in May. Picking up $73.5m in the space of 4-5 months isn't bad going!
  • Particularly as he was in prison not long ago !