Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather vs Alvarez!

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't merit it's own thread but watches the Eubank Jnr fight earlier. Looks half decent but what do people with some actual boxing knowledge think?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Doesn't merit it's own thread but watches the Eubank Jnr fight earlier. Looks half decent but what do people with some actual boxing knowledge think?

He tries to emulate his dad too much and i'm not sure if he has the chin to be that cocky. Lot of quality in his work though, just needs to tighten up the defense.
  • Options
    Theophane vs Cano - lol @ the judge giving it to Theophane by two rounds. The other two had it a bit more realistic - Cano by six and four respectively. Seriously - you have to wonder wtf some of these idiot judges are watching.
  • Options
    Going to be a long night.

3.45am and the 2nd fight hasn't even finished.
  • Options
    How the f@@k did Smith become a world champion. Shocking fight or non fight.
    Split decision ffs
  • Options

Theophane vs Cano - lol @ the judge giving it to Theophane by two rounds. The other two had it a bit more realistic - Cano by six and four respectively. Seriously - you have to wonder wtf some of these idiot judges are watching.

To be fair, it was a great contest.

• Options
    ...and another joke score - Adelaide Byrd (who has a history of turning in dogshit scores) seems to have been watching a different fight than the other two judges - scoring the fight eight rounds and seven rounds differently from them. Sigh. At least two of them had their eyes open/didn't get paid a visit by Mayweather's people in the middle of the night with a bag full of unmarked bills. Going to be pretty difficult for Alvarez anyway - but it's clear there's no way he can win on points.
  • Options

Split decision ffs

He didn't. Molina won!

Boring fight though, not sure (again) how the judges can be so far out.

(117-111 Molina, 116-112 Smith, 116-112 Molina)
  • Options
    Hard enough staying up without having to watch that fight, awful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Split decision ffs

He didn't. Molina won!

Smith was the champion.

Going for Garcia in this one. Call me crazy, just fancy a left hook landing.
  • Options

Split decision ffs

He didn't. Molina won!

Smith was the champion going in. I think that's what Absurdistan meant. Awful fight, especially after the decent opening bout. This one won't be dull, that's for damn sure! Looking forward to it immensely - both great fighters, Garcia's old man is such a twat, but maximum respect to his son, who's a great fighter. And what's not to love about Mathysse? Hope it's as good as it promises to be
  • Options
    Matthysse KO for me
  • Options
    Damn. That eye is fucked - no way this goes more than another round. Just as it was warming up too.
  • Options
    Shame the eye has probably ruined the last few rounds, he's eating left hands now.
  • Options
    What did I say. Bit unfair to blame the eye. Garcia is outclassing him and has since it started. Has a punchers chance, but Danny's to lose now.
  • Options
    Fuck me, what a last 30 seconds. Got it for Garcia by five. Slightly ruined by the eye injury.
  • Options
    Garcia is such a good boxer , made Lucas look fairly ordinary. How it took so long for Garcia to be docked that point though.

Love the way this numpty on box nation said as it was docked "that's going to have an impact" ? How when Garcia was at least 6 rounds up?
  • Options
    Garcia looks every inch a champion. Mayweather would do well to avoid him.
  • Options
    Quality boxing, beat the banger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Impressed by Garcia, bit disappointed by Matthysse though, although his eye obviously didn't help.
  • Options
    Garcia looked very good, best boxing performance I've seen from him. Shame about the eye injury because Matthysse was just starting to find his range, but I doubt it would have changed the outcome.

Hate how they mention Khan's name alongside these guys, he would get spanked by all of them! Out of his league now I think
  • Options
    Bang on the money Croydon. Old glass jaw ain't got a chance against these guys.

I like Garcia but would love someone to shut his old man's mouth up.
  • Options
    Bizarre scorecards again, 2 judges had it 114-112 so without the knock down round where Matthysse was on top, they'd have had Matthysse as the winner. No chance.
  • Options
    Now Saul time...........................ha ha
  • Options

Bizarre scorecards again, 2 judges had it 114-112 so without the knock down round where Matthysse was on top, they'd have had Matthysse as the winner. No chance.

Garcia won that by at least 6 rounds even without the knockdown.
  • Options
    It's a shame about Amir. He's talented, doesn't run from anyone and always gives value for money. Sadly, if you're chinny, there's nothing you can do about it. I wouldn't say he's out of their class, just that if he gets tagged, it's over for him.
  • Options
    Just look at Mayweather. What a bellend.
  • Options
    Pity Saul didn't enter with a mariachi band.
    Is that Bieber with Floyd?
  • Options
    How the hell do you hit Mayweather? Freakish. Going to be a log night for ginge if he stays so flat footed when coming forward.