Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BEN HAMER

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS HE NEEDS TO SIT DOWN!???

Comments

• Options
    Cocky but hasn't got the skill to back it up
  • Options
    I'm certainly not the only one that thinks you need to pipe down.
  • Options
    YOU'RE A MUG, A FEW DECENT SAVES HERE AND THER AINT ENOUGH FOR THIS LEVEL
  • Options
    Didnt he race up at the end of the Huddersfield match to try and add numbers in their box for a final corner....Not the sign of someone who doesnt care about playing for the club

Apart from the horrible deflection he made some good saves in the match and was never threatened!!
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Hamer
  • Options
    Nobody said he doesn't care about playing for the club - saying he needs to sit down, have alnwick starting give him something to work towards and push him in his confidence
  • Options
    Good Champs keeper.

No probs with him.
  • Options
    Hamer is a decent keeper but arrogant and complacent far beyond his ability level. He needs to be dropped and fight back for his place. He also needs to train hard to become a better keeper because right now he is below average for the Championship.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Posted this on another thread but I think he's become too arrogant and cocky to continue his development. His distribution and kicking were at first a strength but he has become sloppy and careless. Seems to lack concentration and wants to blame everyone but himself. Still good shot stopper but shot stoppers are two a penny. His all round game has gone backwards. He needs a spell out of the team and a dose of humility.
  • Options
    LET'S ALL TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But what mistakes did he make today and tuesday for that matter to be dropped?

Yes he conceded three goals but Football is a team sport, the fault belongs to the strikers / midfielders AND defenders just as much as the Goalie!!
  • Options
    What was he beard about today, looked like a homeless person had wondered into a goalkeeper top
  • Options

LET'S ALL TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS

IM A MUG, YOU'RE A MUG, WE ARE ALL MUGS
  • Options
    THANKYOU!!!! someone with a bit of sense other than people sounding like 12 year olds wearing thier keeper jerseys knocking one off to thier free 2011 programe ben hamer poster
    Davo55 said:

Hamer is a decent keeper but arrogant and complacent far beyond his ability level. He needs to be dropped and fight back for his place. He also needs to train hard to become a better keeper because right now he is below average for the Championship.

• Options
    His kicking was crap but the rest of his game was fine. Dropped nothing and stopped what came at him except for a deflected shot. He's a good keeper at this level and should keep his place.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It does feel better to stroke one out wearing a pair of sondico's
  • Options
    today he made some good saves, the goal was not one that any goalie would have saved, his kicking wasn't great but then we have been blessed with other keepers who had dodgy licks.
    So let him continue and improve the midfield so that there is not so much pressure on Hamer and the defence.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    People are saying his kicking is letting him down but on another note in Dean Kiely we had a class Goalie yet every goal kick we got nearly always became a throw-in for the opposition, I dont remember people shouting for him to be dropped (nor did he ever keep a record number of clean sheets for us)
  • Options
    I think hamer has reached a point where he needs to think more about his distribution and work on it

He gave the ball away and slowed us down at times and played the ball too fast in other situations

He done everything else fine and to have an arrogant keeper is good
  • Options

I think hamer has reached a point where he needs to think more about his distribution and work on it

He gave the ball away and slowed us down at times and played the ball too fast in other situations

Not if it stops him developing because he thinks he's already there. That's what I get of BH lately.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

People are saying his kicking is letting him down but on another note in Dean Kiely we had a class Goalie yet every goal kick we got nearly always became a throw-in for the opposition, I dont remember people shouting for him to be dropped (nor did he ever keep a record number of clean sheets for us)

Didn't he equal the club record for clean sheets in the rip roaring 99/00 season?
  • Options
    I think hamer is miles away from thinking he is already a top keeper shg

He is cocky and arrogant but also a player who is a big thinker who knows what he has to do

Its a mask his arrogance
  • Options

Didn't he equal the club record for clean sheets in the rip roaring 99/00 season?
    Didnt think so, wasnt it number of consecutive victories that season?

To be honest 13 years ago is a very long time for me (13minutes is pushing it lol!)
  • Options

Not if it stops him developing because he thinks he's already there. That's what I get of BH lately.

Agree with SHG
  • Options
    It's a bit chicken and egg Hamer's distribution.

If players don't move for him he can't distribute quickly. We see the same at throw ins when the likes of Stephens hide.

Hamer is one of our better players and there are others who need replacing before him!
  • Options
    Stephens hides? Rubbish. He was showing all the time when our CBs had the ball. Played the pass of the match to Wiggins. It didn't work all the time for him today but no way did he hide.
  • Options
    Bull crap, most the time Stephens pops the ball straight back to said centre back
  • Options
    Stephens plays for 45 minutes (on a good day) and hides much of the rest of the time.

There was a blatant example in the second half. Wilson was looking for options at a throw in and looked at Stephens who promptly stood behind a Millwall player!

I couldn't believe it he (and others) are normally a bit more subtle about it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hamer is channelling swing your pants era Trevor and Simon with that beard