Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

iainment said:

Vincenzo said:

Kap10 said:

Hamlet win 2-1 on their home coming to Champion Hill

Attendance was 3002. Quite incredible for sixth tier football.
    2900 there today to see them get beat 1-0 by Slough.
    Worst ref I've seen in decades redeemed only by the fact he wasn't partial to either side. Unbelievably fussy.
    Rebels!!!
    Poor game! Agree about the ref, will probably be at the valley tomorrow!
    As long as he's not the ref when we play on Tuesday.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

iainment said:

Vincenzo said:

Kap10 said:

Hamlet win 2-1 on their home coming to Champion Hill

Attendance was 3002. Quite incredible for sixth tier football.
    2900 there today to see them get beat 1-0 by Slough.
    Worst ref I've seen in decades redeemed only by the fact he wasn't partial to either side. Unbelievably fussy.
    Rebels!!!
    Poor game! Agree about the ref, will probably be at the valley tomorrow!
    As long as he's not the ref when we play on Tuesday.
    Wow talk about recycling I literally made the same joke 2 posts and almost 12 hour ago
  • Options
    Jints said:

Was at Hamlet. Dreadful game until the last 20. Was surprised at the lack of atmosphere too given bug crowd and the fact it was the first game back

It's a nice problem to have in terms of bringing desperately-needed cash in, but Dulwich's first matches back have had 1500 people who are Dulwich fans or there to watch a game of football. Which is brilliant. (And Slough brought loads on Saturday, which is also brilliant.)

Then there's another 1500 who are on a chinless wonders' jolly, giving everyone around them a non-stop loud commentary on the current Premier League scores/ what their posh friends from university are doing/ their holiday plans for 2019, so they can boast about having been to "the Hamlets" when they return to their jobs creating content or whatever. Which is a pain in the arse, especially when they're hovering behind you or blocking your view. This is nothing new, but the spell away at Tooting & Mitcham has shown just how many are really there for the day out to yell "stick it in the mixer!" because that's what they think people do at non-league.

It's going to be an issue for as long as Dulwich keep doing relatively well, but hopefully the tourism element will settle down in the coming weeks...
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Jints said:

Was at Hamlet. Dreadful game until the last 20. Was surprised at the lack of atmosphere too given bug crowd and the fact it was the first game back

It's a nice problem to have in terms of bringing desperately-needed cash in, but Dulwich's first matches back have had 1500 people who are Dulwich fans or there to watch a game of football. Which is brilliant. (And Slough brought loads on Saturday, which is also brilliant.)

Then there's another 1500 who are on a chinless wonders' jolly, giving everyone around them a non-stop loud commentary on the current Premier League scores/ what their posh friends from university are doing/ their holiday plans for 2019, so they can boast about having been to "the Hamlets" when they return to their jobs creating content or whatever. Which is a pain in the arse, especially when they're hovering behind you or blocking your view. This is nothing new, but the spell away at Tooting & Mitcham has shown just how many are really there for the day out to yell "stick it in the mixer!" because that's what they think people do at non-league.

It's going to be an issue for as long as Dulwich keep doing relatively well, but hopefully the tourism element will settle down in the coming weeks...
    I understand what you are saying about the floating/non Dulwich support, but I am sure virtually the entire non-league circuit would like to have the 'problem' Dulwich have.

I have attended a lot of Sussex League games this season, at this level you are averaging around 60 people. Once you take away friends and family of the players it would be frightening to see what the attendance is of 'other' supporters.

Unfortunately with non-league football increased attendances will always be limited as I am sure 99% of any attendance in the professional games sees that that fans do not attend a single non-league fixture in a season.
  • Options

Jints said:

I was there to see Slough.
    You're right about the Dulwich supporters though. Definitely 2 crowds amongst them - the old timers and the new "Hamlets" fans.
    Neither of whom showed much passion or noise. But if they stay, the new ones will probably change.
    As said a fantastic problem for the club to have.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    shirty5 said:
    I heard this from a friend of mine who supports Sutton United. Sutton United always seem to manage to beat Bromley somehow. I suspect they will beat Bromley tonight in a strangely timed evening kick off at Hayes Lane.
  • Options
    Good result for the darts 1-0 win v Welling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ebbsfleet now in 2nd gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Torquay took 2.7k to their away match against Truro City.

The match was played at Torquay’s ground as Truro play all home matches there.
  • Options

Good result for the darts 1-0 win v Welling

L'Ghoul going off injured early in the game was a major blow to Welling.
  • Options

I thought Truro were now back at their own ground.
  • Options

shirty5 said:
    I heard this from a friend of mine who supports Sutton United. Sutton United always seem to manage to beat Bromley somehow. I suspect they will beat Bromley tonight in a strangely timed evening kick off at Hayes Lane.
    It's live on BT.
  • Options

shirty5 said:
    It's live on BT.
    Going are you mate?
  • Options

I thought Truro were now back at their own ground.
    Nope.
  • Options
    Very happy with Dartfords win against Welling. After a deserved defeat at Park View Road, we needed a win today. Sadly I think Welling have a better set up this year - Dartford seem to be constantly having loanees come and go. But for tonight we have a local derby win to savour, to go with Charltons win agsinst Walsall.
  • Options

shirty5 said:
    It's live on BT.
    Going are you mate?
    Nope.
  • Options
    One for the oldies.....Scott McGleish played 90 mins for Hendon v Chesham yesterday....at centre-back! (He's 44).

Ricky German has gone from Hendon to Crawley on a 3 year deal. We'll miss his goals (21 in 28 games) but not his constant whining......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

One for the oldies.....Scott McGleish played 90 mins for Hendon v Chesham yesterday....at centre-back! (He's 44).

Ricky German has gone from Hendon to Crawley on a 3 year deal. We'll miss his goals (21 in 28 games) but not his constant whining......

Big step up for German

McGleish at CB, that's novel!
  • Options

Simonsen said:

Big step up for German

McGleish at CB, that's novel!
    Saw him play at centre-back a while ago for Wealdstone and was decent. He reads it well and is a great communicator. He's at Hendon as a coach but we've got no centre-backs due to injury.
  • Options
    Bromley chucked out of the FA Trophy for fielding an illegible player.
  • Options

Bromley chucked out of the FA Trophy for fielding an illegible player.

Should have used block capitals
  • Options
    Wings 3 up
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Wings 3 up

Have only been able to make 1 of the last 3 games at PVR. Today? No, Boxing Day win against Dartford? No, the 1 0 loss against Concord? Of course.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Wings 3 up

4 now
  • Options
    Now 4 1, sounds a great game
  • Options
    5 1
  • Options
    5 3 bloody hell!