Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    I'm off to Brigg v North Ferriby tomorrow.

It's non-league day tomorrow, hopefully gates will show an increase.  Where are others going?
  • Options

It's non-league day tomorrow, hopefully gates will show an increase.  Where are others going?
    I did my bit for non league day last Wednesday at Edgeley park, saw a decent game v's the Monkey Hangers and a half decent crowd of 3,500 for a televised midweek fixture. County hung on for a much needed 2-1 win. 
  • Options

Welling v Hampton & Richmond for me
  • Options
    Steve King named as manager of Dartford. Decent appointment for them, a very good manager.
    I think that's a really good appointment for them.  Wouldn't have minded him at Ebbsfleet to be fair 
  • Options

Welling v Hampton & Richmond for me
    Hampton is a decent away trip.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet if I get the garage finished painting or Hartley Wintney as a fall back...Sorry Simmo….if the rain is heavy tomorrow Hartley maybe off though.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

• Options

I did my bit for non league day last Wednesday at Edgeley park, saw a decent game v's the Monkey Hangers and a half decent crowd of 3,500 for a televised midweek fixture. County hung on for a much needed 2-1 win. 
    I was also at the match Main Stand, Row 3 and 12 feet from Jim Gannon. The guy never stopped moaning and coaching his players and it was obvious on a number of occasions they hadn’t a clue what he expected of them. I thought ‘Pool were a little unlucky not to come away with a point.

• Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options

I was also at the match Main Stand, Row 3 and 12 feet from Jim Gannon. The guy never stopped moaning and coaching his players and it was obvious on a number of occasions they hadn’t a clue what he expected of them. I thought ‘Pool were a little unlucky not to come away with a point.

County were lucky to get a point, Hartlepool were decent. Jim Gannon is a nutter. During his first spell in charge at Stockport from 05 to 09, I’d take my then 6 six year old son to Edgeley Park to ease him in to live football and we’d sit roughly where you was sat, right behind the home dugout. Gannon was a loon, every game he’d be trying to start fights with opposition players and on more than one occasion I saw him give a visiting player a sly dig at half or full time. He’s got a real viscous streak or he certainly did back then and he never tried to hide it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    St Albans v Eastbourne today. Hopefully enough room under the limited roofing. Real cask ale at the back of the terrace is a bonus. 
  • Options
    Barrow v Dover postponed today due to a fatality on the line at MiltonKeynes.  Dover team were stuck on the train along with hundreds of others.

Don't know the full story but some of the shit coming from the Barrow fans looks very uncalled for, given the circumstances.

• Options
    Welling lost 1 0, awful game
  • Options
    Barrow v Dover postponed today due to a fatality on the line at MiltonKeynes.  Dover team were stuck on the train along with hundreds of others.

Don't know the full story but some of the shit coming from the Barrow fans looks very uncalled for, given the circumstances.

3 games called off due to this Fatality and the Bromley game was a delayed kick off for same reason
  • Options
    The new era at Dartford started with a 1-0 win at Oxford City
  • Options
    The new era at Dartford started with a 1-0 win at Oxford City
    They’ll do well under King, especially if they get through to the 1st round of the FA Cup and the money to boost their budget 
  • Options
    Welling lost 1 0, awful game
    Had few beers with @Robbo on the wing and @Cardinal Sin so not all bad
  • Options
    Saw that Alfie Doughty scored Bromley's sole goal in what was a 2-1 defeat @ Solihull Moors today
  • Options
    Whitby Town 0 v 1 Warrington Town 

Decent performance from Whitby, unlucky result, good support from  Warrington.
    Having bumped into Warrington Town fans at Stafford Rangers and Buxton it was a pleasure to stand witn them and enjoy  their company. 
    Next Warrington game for me is Warrington  v  Hyde
  • Options
    Saw that Alfie Doughty scored Bromley's sole goal in what was a 2-1 defeat @ Solihull Moors today
    Bromley's bubble seems to have burst. 13 unbeaten to start the season, but have since lost 3 out of 4. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I went to the Aldershot v Hartlepool match yesterday,Hartlepool won 3-0,also missed a penalty.The pitch held up very well in very wet conditions.The attendance was 2768 including 188 Pools fans.

• Options
    Welling Town beat Erith & Belvedere 5-1 in the FA Vase and will play Bedfont & Feltham  from Combined Counties division one in the next round at Bayliss Avenue on November 2nd. 
  • Options
    Bromley's bubble seems to have burst. 13 unbeaten to start the season, but have since lost 3 out of 4. 
    Missing Roger Johnson
  • Options
    Hamlet through to first round of FA Cup for first time in 21 years.  
  • Options
    Bromley too, along with south London's other CAFC... Carshalton Athletic.
  • Options
    That was an excellent result for Carshalton.
    Gutted really as the bloke at work supports them, and I'm not overly keen on him.
  • Options
    Maidstone and Dover make up the Kent contingent

Ebbsfleet can join them if they beat Woking in a replay
  • Options
    And Welling 
  • Options
    Bromley too, along with south London's other CAFC... Carshalton Athletic.
    South London?
  • Options
    Former Addick Aaron Barnes puts Dulwich Hamlet into the first round of the FA Cup.