Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Gavin Rose has got himself so entwined at Dulwich he'll never get the sack. He should've been sacked a couple of seasons ago. For the crowds/money generated Dulwich get they should be a lot better than they are.
  • Welling up to 8th after a 2-1 win at dulwich. Hard to believe for me having only seen their 2 home defeats where in both games distinctly second best but that was v Worthing and Chelmsford (on saturday) both now in the top 4.
  • Welling win 2 1
  • Good win for Dartford at Hemel. I slightly regret not going now!
  • Gavin Rose has got himself so entwined at Dulwich he'll never get the sack. He should've been sacked a couple of seasons ago. For the crowds/money generated Dulwich get they should be a lot better than they are.
    Do Dulwich want promotion though? It seems to suit them well being a NLS drinking club
  • Good point. I stopped going when I couldn't see the football because the drinking club "members" wouldn't get out of the way. Not my scene anymore, so watch the Wings when I can. Potential for Dulwich could be similar to Sutton...
  • edited August 2022
    Welling up to 8th after a 2-1 win at dulwich. Hard to believe for me having only seen their 2 home defeats where in both games distinctly second best but that was v Worthing and Chelmsford (on saturday) both now in the top 4.
    I wouldn't say Welling were second best in the Chelmsford game, hit the bar, missed a pen, and had one cleared off the line! Not to mention the Chelmsford defender punching the ball away in the penalty area in the first half. 
  • Good point. I stopped going when I couldn't see the football because the drinking club "members" wouldn't get out of the way. Not my scene anymore, so watch the Wings when I can. Potential for Dulwich could be similar to Sutton...
    Dulwich used to be my non-league team, then realised it should have been Welling all along as they're my nearest team (after Charlton). Im a regular at PVR these days when it doesn't clash with Charlton and really enjoy it. 

Great result to beat Dulwich away today, hopefully Welling can stay in the top half of the league this season. Up the Wings!
    Do Dulwich want promotion though? It seems to suit them well being a NLS drinking club
    I think this is the key issue at Dulwich.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Welling up to 8th after a 2-1 win at dulwich. Hard to believe for me having only seen their 2 home defeats where in both games distinctly second best but that was v Worthing and Chelmsford (on saturday) both now in the top 4.
    I wouldn't say Welling were second best in the Chelmsford game, hit the bar, missed a pen, and had one cleared off the line! Not to mention their defender punching the ball away in the penalty area in the first half. 
    Despite those incidents Welling seemed a bit less composed in general like they were still playing out last season desperate for points. An interesting season ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good win for the fleet. Bath at home Saturday. Was hoping to go but daughters put s spanner in the works for that.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    I wouldn't say Welling were second best in the Chelmsford game, hit the bar, missed a pen, and had one cleared off the line! Not to mention their defender punching the ball away in the penalty area in the first half. 
    Nor would I.
  • Good away win for the Stones won two on the trot now 
  • Welling up to 8th after a 2-1 win at dulwich. Hard to believe for me having only seen their 2 home defeats where in both games distinctly second best but that was v Worthing and Chelmsford (on saturday) both now in the top 4.
    I saw them against Cheshunt. They were lucky to win that one. In an amazing two or three minutes, Cheshunt hit the post, had a goal ruled out and a player given a red card that was later rescinded. Welling scored two goals close together in the first half and besides that did little.
  • Going to Welling on Saturday for the first time in many years. Got an Oxford mate who watches them occasionally and curiously is choosing this match rather than watching Oxford v Burton, despite being a season ticket holder. Must be because I'm such great company, haha. I have to say we complain at Charlton, but £15 to stand is well steep imo. UTW.
  • Wings 2 up !
  • stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    Azeez both goals  :)
  • stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
    4!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
    Make it 4
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
    4!!!
    Azeez hat trick
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
    4!!!
    Azeez hat trick
    Should come here every week. Great first half. My Oxford mate is thoroughly perplexed by it all. Apparently their defence is their strength lol. 
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Wings 2 up !
    3-0
    4!!!
    Azeez hat trick
    5-0
  • Well done welling.. ebbsfleet win too. have havant next week I think.
  • Great result today from Welling, in a different class from Oxford all over the pitch. The turnaround from last season is amazing. 
  • Darts lose 
  • edited September 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    Great result today from Welling, in a different class from Oxford all over the pitch. The turnaround from last season is amazing. 
    It's unbelievable the turnaround, haven't enjoyed a Wings game so much for years.

• MrOneLung said:
    Darts lose 
    Grim to be behind both Ebbsfleet AND Welling

The NLS is incredibly stretched already, Ebbsfleet on 21 points, while Cheshunt and Weymouth have 3 and 2 points.
  • Azeez and Payne is a great strike force at that level. Should be a good season for the Wings if both stay fit.