Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I blame Jimmenz and Slater 75% the rest Powell.

Comments

• Options

Oh, and I blame them 100% not 75%

ITotally agree, sadly if we as a group of supporters do not vocalise our disapproval soon, it will be far too easy for them to remove powell, think its got to be time to make them feel uncomfortable and quite frankly, at total fault!!

I'm more concerned with the future of Charlton than whether Powell keeps his job. CP is not Charlton Athletic however much I like him.
  • Options

ITotally agree, sadly if we as a group of supporters do not vocalise our disapproval soon, it will be far too easy for them to remove powell, think its got to be time to make them feel uncomfortable and quite frankly, at total fault!!

The problem is if they have no money for investment and cannot attract a new investor or a buyer, then what can we do?
  • Options
    Drop the price of the club and sell it to real owners with money.
  • Options
    I imagine that sweat is breaking out on Slater and Jimenez's fizogs as we speak. They are between a rock and a hard place. Relegation would be financial curtains but no money to strengthen. Popcorn at the ready peeps.
  • Options
    Apparently, under pressure from charity groups Tesco have been forced to withdraw their latest halloween costume:

• Options
    Ross said:

The problem is if they have no money for investment and cannot attract a new investor or a buyer, then what can we do?
    If these rumours turn out to be true, apparently we had lots of interest but we are asking a price that turn these interested people away.
  • Options

Yes. Despite the success of the past this is now getting desperate. I too would be gutted if the board, who don't attend games, say it is time for Powell to go when they have no idea about the on pitch matters.
    The board could take some action, but getting them to do anything is like trying to get a teenager out of bed in the morning.
    In a minute they say, just another half hour mum, yeah I'm getting up now zzzz, errrm mum where's my breakfast at 4.30pm? Tsk, mum its all your fault, I'm hungry!
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Drop the price of the club and sell it to real owners with money.

At this end of the table the club has nil value! Because it has 0% chance of promotion to the Premier League
    The irony is that finishing 9th and only a few points off the play-offs was the perfect platform to build on... get the right players in to keep up the momentum and let contracts run down for those who don't figure...
    It is going to cost a lot more to put this right now or in January with/without Powell and shooting Powell / giving money to his successor sounds familiar!
    Ross said:

The guy who has just bought 50% of Sheffield utd for a tenner reportedly looked at CAFC and turned away from the price asked... I think anyone looking at taking on 50% and investing fresh capital / absorbing 50% of the losses is watching the price come down every week!

For the sake of the club and not just this season lets hope that a deal is done soon

• Options
    Murray should not have sold to those clowns.
  • Options

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in my eyes! Calls all week for Cousins and Stewart to play and to change the formation. Still slated.

This. Some of you lot need to get a bloody grip....
    Understand that the man has a weakened squad on 12 months ago and stop expecting miracles. If Powell had 10 million to spend, he would spend it. He has nothing to spend and is obliged to reduce the wage bill...

Come up with better suggestions or shut up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is the asking price for the club though? Is it £40m? Or is it £20m plus another £20m to cover all of Slater's and Jimenez's debts? They clearly don't want to walk out of this club in debt.
  • Options
    I understand the people who are anti Chris Powell. they are Charlton fans, and like all of us they are hurting at the moment. Blaming Chris Powell is their outlet and they are not morons for doing so. I fundamentally disagree with them, but they care about Charlton as much as anybody else.
    My personal worry is that the voices of enough anti Chris Powell people will give these absent owners a platform for action, and then we really will be finished.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    SLATER AND JIMINEZ - GO!
  • Options
    When you let people like haynes, fuller etc go, players who on their day on match winners, this is what happens, who got the winner at burnley last season. They need to sell the club at a realistic price, or face the fact we may have to sell Solly to keep our championship status
  • Options
    Even selling solly would not keep us up,we need big investment.
  • Options
    Worth pointing out that since Powell was appointed in Jan 2011, he has signed 50 senior players (including loans). Over the same period the club has had cumulative operating losses of approx £15m.

I am filtering a complex situation down to two simple numbers but I am not sure on what basis one could claim Powell has not been 'backed', except perhaps relative to our Championship rivals.
  • Options

When you let people like haynes, fuller etc go, players who on their day on match winners, this is what happens, who got the winner at burnley last season. They need to sell the club at a realistic price, or face the fact we may have to sell Solly to keep our championship status

Kermorgant out injured... both Haynes and Fuller gone and no loan replacements ... except Sordell... no strengthening of midfield in two seasons and it only gets easier because we have Forest and Blackpool next up
    Enjoy!
    I think Powell is in an interesting place right now and all we can do is give him our support!

• Options
    seth plum said:

I understand the people who are anti Chris Powell. they are Charlton fans, and like all of us they are hurting at the moment. Blaming Chris Powell is their outlet and they are not morons for doing so. I fundamentally disagree with them, but they care about Charlton as much as anybody else.
    My personal worry is that the voices of enough anti Chris Powell people will give these absent owners a platform for action, and then we really will be finished.

Always remember that the darkest hour is just before the dawn... but I'm afraid it is probably going to get a tad darker first!
  • Options

Worth pointing out that since Powell was appointed in Jan 2011, he has signed 50 senior players (including loans). Over the same period the club has had cumulative operating losses of approx £15m.

I am filtering a complex situation down to two simple numbers but I am not sure on what basis one could claim Powell has not been 'backed', except perhaps relative to our Championship rivals.

You're being absurdly bias there. Powell's signings have virtually all been freebies.

He's performed miracles so far. Can he continue to perform them ?
  • Options
    edited September 2013

He was backed to get us promotion to the Championship and achieved it. Apart from a few minor changes the backing then stopped and we have had to rely on pretty much the same first team from League 1 and indeed we have a weaker squad as a whole. We achieved survival last season comfortably in the end but I don't think anyone (apart from our clueless about football owners) would realistically think that we did anything than over achieve and that we were good enough for anything other than survival again this season.
    he has had some backing, mainly with loans which haven't appeared to work out and Powell has to accept responsibility for those bad signings. But if the backing was there to go after players who are a step up from the players we have then I think we would have seen more changes.So I'd argue the backing has indeed stopped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The heart has been allowed to go out of this club.

It's being run on a drip.

Players, Manager and staff all out of contract in 7 months bar a few kids and someone with a dodgy knee.

Run it like shit, the as sure as shit, it starts performing like shit.

I genuinely struggle to see an upside. If people genuinely think if we change the manager for some desperate failure out of work, with no change to the player situation and everything would suddenly improve, well I'd love to see how you can explain how you can expect that to happen.

Sinking fast

Agree and I blame Jimenez and Slater.

The mantras of "it's OK, we finished 9th", "don't care about the boardroom, it's what happens on the pitch that matters" and "there are no problems, it just people with agendas stiring" were wrong in the summer and wrong now.

We may just stay up as there are some other poor teams but their boards will invest, ours won't.

Just accept it Tony, you've failed. Cut your losses, sell at a decent price and let someone who cares try and rebuild the team and the club.

• Options

I agree, the board got us out of L1 and I remember Slater and Jimenez being part of a big love in by most on here. Very short memories indeed. Yes, things have changed since then, the fans were promised more investment but that hasn't materalised now for reasons we don't know. We just gotta get on with what we have right now and get behind the club, that means the manager, the team and the board.
  • Options
    Most signings at this level are loans and freebies....
  • Options
    Loans and freebies still cost signing on fees and wages though.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    If your run on margins this tight a spate of injuries can do a lot of damage, let alone the morale-contract issues
  • Options
    I don't know how many posters on this thread were at the match today but I was.

We aren't that bad, nor that good, there is ability and desire in the team but like any team at the bottom a total lack of confidence. There is no point blaming the board as it won't make any difference, we need to support our manager who is not being supported from above and help him instil some confidence in the team.

Now if you weren't there just shut the f!!k up and get down to the Valley on Tuesday and support CP and what ever team he decides to put on the field.

Sometimes I do get a bit annoyed with the moaning minnies
  • Options
    Anyone who blames the board instead of powell is a bloody tit
  • Options
    i agree totally also has anyone seen any post match comments from powell?? worst thing that could happen is powell being sacked
  • Options
    I genuinely think there is just as much chance he will resign at some point.
  • Options

Anyone who blames the board instead of powell is a bloody tit

I am a bloody tit.