Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I blame Jimmenz and Slater 75% the rest Powell.

Comments

• Options
    Two players Nicholas not with us and an agent I know, plus coaches at spurs that I see atleast once a week and they ask me if what they are hearing has truth
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    Not a chance of Powell being sacked.
  • Options

Two players Nicholas not with us and an agent I know, plus coaches at spurs that I see atleast once a week and they ask me if what they are hearing has truth

I did
  • Options
    If Derby offer Powell the job I wouldn't blame him one bit if he took it - if only to walk away from the basket case of a club we now are.
  • Options
    Apologies didn't see the post cheers.

• Options
    redsek said:

If Derby offer Powell the job I wouldn't blame him one bit if he took it - if only to walk away from the basket case of a club we now are.

TJ will probably demand 40m in compensation.

• Options
    Let's all bury our heads in the sand ah
    Powells not going anywhere
    Get real its a results business
    And our owners are in it for££££ not for the love of cafc I'm afraid
  • Options
    My only critism of Powell is that he keeps picking Stephens. He also needs to be brave and drop Wiggins for Evina, but I feel he sees Wiggins as a valuable asset and if he's not playing his value goes down.

As for tactics he doesn't tell the team to go out play crap and play the long ball but when we play against better teams we get outplayed and that's just what the players resort to.

I also don't believe we will go down this season. We only need to get a bit of luck and if we win a couple of games we will be mid table - look at Millwall.
  • Options
    curb your anger people. No one is to blame. if you want to blame someone, blame yourself. anyone questioning powell are stupid. my coach said not to make an excuse for something. i wanted to previously blame jiminez and slater but i don't anymore. i blame no one. tbh its not even october and we are not in a terribel position. this is the time we need to stick together and show support for the team, manager and board, coem out in your thousands and show unity. if we don't we will go down. i see no one at yeovil complaining. jiminez and slater in. powell in. so what we lost to burnley, we will stay up, well be fine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I don't get is if the players are all supposed to be right behind Powell why are they not busting a gut for him, or are they fed of hearing him asking to buy more players and not believing that they are good enough. Or If the players are unhappy with their contract situation they can't be doing their careers any good playing shit, why not play their bollocks off and if they are not offered a contract come May another team will. Play like cocks get relegated and half of them will be lucky to get picked up by teams next season leaving them in a worse position then now.

Like I said on a previous post out of the 16 odd players that are on 1 year contracts how many do we really want to renew, Solly is done and at the min there is only 3 or 4 that actually deserve a new contract and the rest have to prove they are still good enough.

Obviously there is problems behind the scenes with regards to bringing in new investors, but the players and managers should just get on with their own jobs and that's to play football and try and win games.

• Options

Worth pointing out that since Powell was appointed in Jan 2011, he has signed 50 senior players (including loans). Over the same period the club has had cumulative operating losses of approx £15m.

I am filtering a complex situation down to two simple numbers but I am not sure on what basis one could claim Powell has not been 'backed', except perhaps relative to our Championship rivals.

Just to clarify I am not suggesting he should go (let's not forget how well we finished last season), but the staunch pro-Powell camp can't have it both ways. When we did well it wasn't all down to him and when we do badly it's not all down to the Board. The truth as ever lies somewhere in between.

I suspect Derby will ask to speak to Powell and if offered the job then I am sure he will go - indeed I wonder if he has already been sounded out?
    NYA

I guess you'd agree that there's a correlation between the budgets - both for transfers, and more importantly below the FAPL, for wages; and results; although not an exact one, football being what it is. In League One, Chris Powell, took us up as runaway champions. His budget for playing squad wages was 50% less than that of Huddersfield, who scraped up through the playoffs (Source: CAFC board director). Furthermore, Powell did this on a salary of 150K basic (allegedly what Parky was on, and well below the going rate, apparently) plus a huge unspecified bonus for promotion. (Source: someone socially close to Slater, not a CAFC fan).

I have no salary data for last season. Neither, it seems do you. However the stars of last season were largely the same as the stars of the 2011 season, plus some emerging youngsters. We bought Lawrie Wilson, other players were frees, and only Fuller seems to have been expensive on salary.

The truth may lie somewhere in between, but it aint 50:50. More like 90:10 in Chris's favour, in my book.

• Options
    Mate maybe they know that sooner or later there is going to be a change, the players are behind Chris Powell from what I have heard, not all of them maybe but name me a club where all the players are

the biggest issue is that for whatever reason CP cant get them going to change it round nad if he cant then I don't believe anyone can

maybe they also think that the gaffer aint going to be around much longer
  • Options

curb your anger people. No one is to blame. if you want to blame someone, blame yourself. anyone questioning powell are stupid. my coach said not to make an excuse for something. i wanted to previously blame jiminez and slater but i don't anymore. i blame no one. tbh its not even october and we are not in a terribel position. this is the time we need to stick together and show support for the team, manager and board, coem out in your thousands and show unity. if we don't we will go down. i see no one at yeovil complaining. jiminez and slater in. powell in. so what we lost to burnley, we will stay up, well be fine

I think we'll be ok too in this league you just need to put a run together & we'll climb the table. Surely we can't expect anything more than mid to bottom finish with the current squad any way. Millwall hurt for obvious reasons but today we lost away to a team that are in second place. Get behind the team & the manager & not just when we're winning
  • Options
    Well this is what happens when budgets are cut, and I am absolutely gutted for one of best guys in non league football.this is a man who has had a bench of 17 year olds all season.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/craywands/news/jenko-departs-cray-wanderers-1054723.html
  • Options
    I didn't think he would go steve especially after what you were saying on Saturday, id have Jenko at Enfield town all day long
  • Options

Worth pointing out that since Powell was appointed in Jan 2011, he has signed 50 senior players (including loans). Over the same period the club has had cumulative operating losses of approx £15m.

I am filtering a complex situation down to two simple numbers but I am not sure on what basis one could claim Powell has not been 'backed', except perhaps relative to our Championship rivals.

Just to clarify I am not suggesting he should go (let's not forget how well we finished last season), but the staunch pro-Powell camp can't have it both ways. When we did well it wasn't all down to him and when we do badly it's not all down to the Board. The truth as ever lies somewhere in between.

I suspect Derby will ask to speak to Powell and if offered the job then I am sure he will go - indeed I wonder if he has already been sounded out?
    NYA

I guess you'd agree that there's a correlation between the budgets - both for transfers, and more importantly below the FAPL, for wages; and results; although not an exact one, football being what it is. In League One, Chris Powell, took us up as runaway champions. His budget for playing squad wages was 50% less than that of Huddersfield, who scraped up through the playoffs (Source: CAFC board director). Furthermore, Powell did this on a salary of 150K basic (allegedly what Parky was on, and well below the going rate, apparently) plus a huge unspecified bonus for promotion. (Source: someone socially close to Slater, not a CAFC fan).

I have no salary data for last season. Neither, it seems do you. However the stars of last season were largely the same as the stars of the 2011 season, plus some emerging youngsters. We bought Lawrie Wilson, other players were frees, and only Fuller seems to have been expensive on salary.

The truth may lie somewhere in between, but it aint 50:50. More like 90:10 in Chris's favour, in my book.

Going by the work of Swiss Ramble CAFC are bang in the middle of the division for wages, attendances and losses... last seasons finances will not be filed by anyone for another few months but clubs will not have shifted much from 2011/12 and the Trust projections for 2012/13 have since proved to be correct.

Since the end of last season CAFC have NOT renewed contracts costing £2M per annum - source Michael Slater... And they have not signed any loan players to cover for injuries. Most importantly, while some good finds have arrived from the academy (Harriott), the club have NOT made significant permanent signings to improve weaknesses - Fuller arrived last September and single handedly killed off clubs like Peterboro only to go off injured with the goal! But he has gone again....And the midfield is the same + Harriott since two years ago.

We are struggling to find the best formation with key players out but we were in this position 12 months ago... trouble is we should have moved on... not just to bring a smile but because this league is a killer... if you are not going forwards you are in reverse and people smell blood - there is no such thing as treading water and the Academy is simply not good enough yet to plug the leaks... one way or another it will cost money to fix.

• Options

NYA

Powell signed ten players with fees from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 - this must be factored in too. Meanwhile the reference to Huddersfield just tells me they underperformed - not sure what relevance it has to us.

Maybe that 2011/12 season was a fortuitous outlier? (after all we seemed to grind results out rather than totally dominate teams). Strip it out and you have 24 wins from 77 games.

Partly playing devil's advocate of course but it may have some truth.
  • Options

Drop the price of the club and sell it to real owners with money.

Could Agent Powell be forcing their hand slightly by taking his foot off of the pedal a bit??
  • Options
    NLA, he has Cray running through his bones,nobody could do a better job than him,he has had Ben Davisson playing centre half, released by us after playing for Jenko he went on trial to Leicester and has signed a years contract. His Captain and centre half stayed with him this year and done his crucitate in a pre-season friendly v Erith and Belvedere.He has had no luck and no budget no players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he was at Cray when I left sth London mate I remember going there and watching them, not sure if he was managing, but when I watched them last season the cray fans were waxing lyrical over him must be distraught tonight
  • Options
    Can we have a separate thread for the Cray stuff please, ta
  • Options
    Part of me doesn't want to go on Tuesday, mainly cause I don't want to see a man in Powell who I massively respect get the bullet for problems that have been caused by Jimenez and Slater. Then part of me wants to show how much Chris means to me and the club, and hope he stays.

But the simple bit is, Jimenez and Slater just need to go
  • Options
    Our Chrissy was a rookie manager which meant he had a lot of learning to do, but we still wanted him even though we knew he would make mistakes. He got us to the Champs because he got the best out of players. That rare and precious gift hasn't suddenly disappeared, the Chrissy we love is still there but he is totally hamstrung by the shitbags currently ruining our club. I blame the owners 100%, Chrissy wanted to sign different players, Chrissy wants to sort out the ruinous contract situation. Chrissy knew this season was going to be tough, he was honest with us and told us that at the outset. The shitbags have done the dirty on him but our Chrissy still behaves in an honourable and dignified way. Do you really believe that there is any manager who would take us on and get a better response from the squad? How can some of you can desert CP at the very time he needs us most? It breaks my heart to see the rot setting in, but make no mistake, it is not our Chrissy that is to blame.
  • Options
    when i read that first off Rothko i thought you were going to top yourself
  • Options
    haha Nolly, and then part of me wants the missus to go into labour, so I'll have no signal at Darenth Valley and can ignore it
  • Options
    lol quality
  • Options

NYA

Powell signed ten players with fees from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 - this must be factored in too. Meanwhile the reference to Huddersfield just tells me they underperformed - not sure what relevance it has to us.

Maybe that 2011/12 season was a fortuitous outlier? (after all we seemed to grind results out rather than totally dominate teams). Strip it out and you have 24 wins from 77 games.

Partly playing devil's advocate of course but it may have some truth.
    @NYA

Meanwhile the reference to Huddersfield just tells me they underperformed - not sure what relevance it has to us.

OK, then bring us a more appropriate benchmark than Huddersfield.

Maybe that 2011/12 season was a fortuitous outlier? (after all we seemed to grind results out rather than totally dominate teams).

If you want to adopt that argument, it is almost impossible to deal with rationally. Where to start? Like, how may other clubs have been promoted from that league in the last 20 years with 101 points? Like, didn't they say much the same about Mourinho's first Chelsea champions?

• Options
    We are where we are. Last season I would have taken our current league position. This year I have the same expectation.

We got no money and the board IMO are being sensible and trimming the wage bill an offering contracts to those they want to keep. We don't owe our players a living an if I were them I'd be playing out of my skin to ensure I still had a job next year.

Whatever you think of the board you're a idiot if you think their intention is to lose all their money
  • Options

Strip it out and you have 24 wins from 77

I love it. Are you working for Fox News now?