Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I blame Jimmenz and Slater 75% the rest Powell.

Comments

• Options
    Given how tight cashflow reportedly is, they will not want to consider sacking and paying him off (even with only a few months left on his contract). Moreover any replacement with credentials will want a signing on fee.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Anyone who blames the board instead of powell is a bloody tit

I am a bloody tit.
    as am I
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am a bloody tit.
    Guess I'm a 36dd!

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

I think Powell is ostarting to lose it to be honest. Different tactics for Burnley which obviously did not work and some team selection is beyond a joke now.

This is going to be a very difficult season but I really do put this down to a lack of investment from the board. I think our squad looks bad than our League one promotion season and its really worrying I think like that. Is sacking Powell the right solution? I don't know but every manager we approach will ask how much investment can go into the team so we can buy some players, hard to give a positive answer given when we are skint! When we have most players out of contract by end of the season, staff leaving, court proceeding with the board, rumoured takeovers etc etc, its not wonder we started in this bloody position!

I tell you what, I know we are only in September but if we get relegated I will never be any more angrier than all my life being a Charlton fan and I will mainly put this down to the board. If these so-called rumours are true with the fact Jimmenz is looking to sell at a ridiculous price shows how greedy these twats are. Where were they against Millwall??? I only saw Murray and Peacock there ffs. Perhaps Slater was more interested travelling up to Manchester to watched his beloved team play while Jimmenz is chilling out at his home.

SLATER AND JIMMENZ OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you what. Go and offer them, say £500,000 a month out of your own pocket to finance the costs of the club, and I bet they'd bite your hand off.

The generosity of some on here with other people's money is beyond belief...

And here comes the name calling...
  • Options

I genuinely think there is just as much chance he will resign at some point.

I wouldn't blame him.

• Options

Given how tight cashflow reportedly is, they will not want to consider sacking and paying him off (even with only a few months left on his contract). Moreover any replacement with credentials will want a signing on fee.

Plus, anyone worth having would no doubt insist on money to bring in loans and a transfer budget in January. Not very likely to be granted given the apparent potless state we are in.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I am a bloody tit.
    as am I
    And I am also. I don't care about posting standards, this forum has plenty of dickheads on it.
  • Options

I don't know how many posters on this thread were at the match today but I was.

We aren't that bad, nor that good, there is ability and desire in the team but like any team at the bottom a total lack of confidence. There is no point blaming the board as it won't make any difference, we need to support our manager who is not being supported from above and help him instil some confidence in the team.

Now if you weren't there just shut the f!!k up and get down to the Valley on Tuesday and support CP and what ever team he decides to put on the field.

Sometimes I do get a bit annoyed with the moaning minnies</blockquote Lets hope some of the moaning minnies actually turn up!!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    It is always going to cost more to leave things and fix things later... as people state new manager = £££ + new signings... And Powell knows this squad inside out. Henry is exagerating for effect as no-one said it would be alright over the summer - most of the players going are not missed but upfront? bit of a pain if Fuller gets a hat-trick next week! And where are the chances coming from... plus we have several key injuries.... we had them last season and players were brought in.

I have always said I would say nothing until the international break and all I will say now is that we need to bring in cover NOW to improve our chances of avoiding being sucked into a relegation scrap for so many reasons. The simplest one is that the value of the club drops with every loss so time to put the motor in for a service?

I tell you what. Go and offer them, say £500,000 a month out of your own pocket to finance the costs of the club, and I bet they'd bite your hand off.

Are we being generous with their money or are we offering them the best advice as to how to protect their investment?!

• Options

DiscoCAFC said:

I think Powell is ostarting to lose it to be honest. Different tactics for Burnley which obviously did not work and some team selection is beyond a joke now.

This is going to be a very difficult season but I really do put this down to a lack of investment from the board. I think our squad looks bad than our League one promotion season and its really worrying I think like that. Is sacking Powell the right solution? I don't know but every manager we approach will ask how much investment can go into the team so we can buy some players, hard to give a positive answer given when we are skint! When we have most players out of contract by end of the season, staff leaving, court proceeding with the board, rumoured takeovers etc etc, its not wonder we started in this bloody position!

I tell you what, I know we are only in September but if we get relegated I will never be any more angrier than all my life being a Charlton fan and I will mainly put this down to the board. If these so-called rumours are true with the fact Jimmenz is looking to sell at a ridiculous price shows how greedy these twats are. Where were they against Millwall??? I only saw Murray and Peacock there ffs. Perhaps Slater was more interested travelling up to Manchester to watched his beloved team play while Jimmenz is chilling out at his home.

SLATER AND JIMMENZ OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They came here clearly with the intention of making as much money as possible from selling the club again. They are not fans or just decent people doing the club a favour, that's fine, I have no problem with that in principle but that means quite justifiably they will get abuse/blame when things are going wrong as everything they do is for what they think is best for themselves not the club. Any true benefit to the club is just a by product of their intentions even though the two go hand in hand.

And "The generosity of some on here with other people's money is beyond belief..." is a very ironic statement considering TJ and MS's purchase and running of our club.

Are they solely to blame for the problems we have? No their are lots of factors including Powell and the players. Were they a big part of the positive things since they took over? Yes and credit to them (With someone else's money (allegedly)). Are they a big part of the negative things since they took over? Hell yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on guys. Enjoy the company of your friends and family this weekend. Blur today out.

Regroup. Dig deep, get to the Valley on Tuesday and show the jokers who run our football club that we are proud supporters of a proud football club.

This team still has ability and still has spirit. I'm going to do my bit to try get them believing that again.

No way am I going down without a fight. It's September for goodness sake. Did we lie down and pack it in when we left the Valley.

This club still has its most valuable asset. Us.
  • Options
    Well said Dorset, but it really does feel like the guts are being ripped out of us at the moment.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

The heart has been allowed to go out of this club.

It's being run on a drip.

Players, Manager and staff all out of contract in 7 months bar a few kids and someone with a dodgy knee.

Run it like shit, the as sure as shit, it starts performing like shit.

I genuinely struggle to see an upside. If people genuinely think if we change the manager for some desperate failure out of work, with no change to the player situation and everything would suddenly improve, well I'd love to see how you can explain how you can expect that to happen.

Sinking fast

I fear AFKA is right - and I say that as someone who was invited to meet the new owners when they took over (for reasons I still don't quite understand). I was at the time impressed by what they had to say and defended them on CL as a result. I still believe that when they came in they were ambitious for the club and were "a good thing'. But the landscape has definitely changed dramatically since then.

What does Richard Murray have to say? Presumably he still thinks it is better to be on the inside doing what little he can to ameliorate rather than to walk away?
  • Options
    The Burnley guys were saying how fortunate they are t have a fit squad at the moment, playing a depleted Charlton especially. however they think injuries and suspensions will have an impact if they happen.
    I think our best 11, playing at their best, is good enough. The contract situation is wiping 10% off any edge we have at the moment, as are the injuries. We are a decent group, but that will be smashed to smithereens if Powell is sacrificed.
  • Options
    Seth let's be honest the people that want rid of Powell ARE morons. There the sort of people that would sack a manager every other week. How many years did it take Curbs to build a promotion side certainly not 3 seasons. We need to get behind the team & CP fair enough he makes some mistakes but all managers do & he's only 2 & bit seasons in with no money & no wage budget. Who would we get? No manager is going to join us with no money to spend
  • Options
    My tupence worth. Wernt we this bad at the same stage last year infact at xmas most had us tipped for the drop once the gap we had on the teams below vanished. Somehow then with calls for his head and the 100% banner we turned it around in the last 2 months and only just missed out on the playoffs.. Paitence.
  • Options
    I hear you AFKA, I really do.

There is just one aim for the players and supporters now, survival. We've got to try do our bit.

If things off the pitch improve in whatever way, great. If we can in any way influence the speed of that, even better. But it's unlikely.

I guess I'm so institutionalised by the negative vibe of the club I'm now clinging on to what I have control of - its our club, I'm still proud of our club and we can come again.

We will still be here long after those clowns leave our club.

Had we had Kermo, Solly in for the last few games and the results be the same then yes, it's a serious situation. Once more, we've got to drag ourselves off the floor and make a noise Tuesday. All is not lost.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Well said Dorset, but it really does feel like the guts are being ripped out of us at the moment.

sorry but you are wrong,
    we lost to Burnley -we often do,
    the team is low on confidence - it has been before
    we had a few important injuries - they'll get fit
    Cousins had a good game - he'll get better
    Sordell looked good

So the guts are not being ripped out of the club, there is a lot wrong with the ownership but the team is not so bad to say the guts are being ripped out, that is just too melodramatic.

As Dorset says we have to do our bit to support the team, we and the team still have guts, those buggers in the directors might not but we do so let's show them.

Keep the Faith

• Options
    edited September 2013
    18 months ago we had our Charlton back after the despair of the previous 5 years. Last year that continued and all was buoyant.

It's amazing what one summer can do to a club and the emotions of its fans.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am a bloody tit.
    Fancy making up the next whose rack with me Seth?

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Seth let's be honest the people that want rid of Powell ARE morons. There the sort of people that would sack a manager every other week. How many years did it take Curbs to build a promotion side certainly not 3 seasons. We need to get behind the team & CP fair enough he makes some mistakes but all managers do & he's only 2 & bit seasons in with no money & no wage budget. Who would we get? No manager is going to join us with no money to spend

Spot on . When chris had money to spend he bought a league 1 winning squad. We got promoted and finished high up the table and nearly got playoffs. This season we r not even near half way through and Powell has no money to spend and some people are questioning him as a manager. Jeez..
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks any mgr with an nous would come into this club is a complete fool,

I will tell you one thing that is fact

The situation at CAFC is being talked about amongst players, coaches, agents and unemployed managers and it is being called the job no one wants or can achieve at

the players at our club are fully aware of the situation poor chris powell finds himself in but due to their annoyance with the contracts, the lies and the broken promises they are not fully bothered

any fan that thinks sacking powell would fix this is a complete fucktard and needs to look at the whole picture instead of a short term fix,

yet I fully expect a whole coach loads of Fucktards to appear on here and every other forum that has Charlton in it

bookface and shitter
  • Options
    I'm stuck between the two here, without Jiminez,Slater/Cash we may never have been promoted, things obviously aint great that's for sure,but just remember where we were before they came in. I don't know the answer and to tell you the truth am sick and tired of ALL( from both sides of the arguments) rumours surrounding the club. Just a hypothetical question would you rather, then hadn't taken over and we continued to lanquish in Division 3 (thats what it is none of this premiership/championship bollox)and possibly edged towards admin. As I previously stated on another thread if it wasn't for some real good people losing all they have invested this may be my preferred choice.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The Burnley guys were saying how fortunate they are t have a fit squad at the moment, playing a depleted Charlton especially. however they think injuries and suspensions will have an impact if they happen.
    I think our best 11, playing at their best, is good enough. The contract situation is wiping 10% off any edge we have at the moment, as are the injuries. We are a decent group, but that will be smashed to smithereens if Powell is sacrificed.

I'm not convinced contract issues play a part in morale. Every player wants to win the game whether paid for it or not. If players do not want to show up because of contract uncertainties, how can this help them get one. They need to earn it!
  • Options
    derby just sacked clough !
  • Options
    edited September 2013

The situation at CAFC is being talked about amongst players, coaches, agents and unemployed managers and it is being called the job no one wants or can achieve at

the players at our club are fully aware of the situation poor chris powell finds himself in but due to their annoyance with the contracts, the lies and the broken promises they are not fully bothered

How do you know all of this?

• Options

I'm stuck between the two here, without Jiminez,Slater/Cash we may never have been promoted, things obviously aint great that's for sure,but just remember where we were before they came in. I don't know the answer and to tell you the truth am sick and tired of ALL( from both sides of the arguments) rumours surrounding the club. Just a hypothetical question would you rather, then hadn't taken over and we continued to lanquish in Division 3 (thats what it is none of this premiership/championship bollox)and possibly edged towards admin. As I previously stated on another thread if it wasn't for some real good people losing all they have invested this may be my preferred choice.

I said the same steve on the takeover thread, if it weren't for those good people we would've sunk and they would've said goodbye to it all instead of see you again hopefully

but ultimately I feel we would've been better to hit the bottom and swim back up rather than turning around 3/4s of the way down

I am sick of it, I am sick of the football, the club, the board, I feel sorry for Powell as we will never know what he could've done because in 7 days time he wont be here one way or the other IMO

TJ wont be able to sell this club FACT

so make your own mind up where this will end
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

At least 6 Championship Managers look to be on dodgy ground, I wonder who will blink first.

Derby County he was not one of my six
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

How do you know all of this?

Someone forget to tell Solly then?

• Options
    edited September 2013

Worth pointing out that since Powell was appointed in Jan 2011, he has signed 50 senior players (including loans). Over the same period the club has had cumulative operating losses of approx £15m.

I am filtering a complex situation down to two simple numbers but I am not sure on what basis one could claim Powell has not been 'backed', except perhaps relative to our Championship rivals.

Just to clarify I am not suggesting he should go (let's not forget how well we finished last season), but the staunch pro-Powell camp can't have it both ways. When we did well it wasn't all down to him and when we do badly it's not all down to the Board. The truth as ever lies somewhere in between.

I suspect Derby will ask to speak to Powell and if offered the job then I am sure he will go - indeed I wonder if he has already been sounded out?